Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm a little behind on my Lazarus reading... but just "read" issue #15 this morning. Lark's choreography... just, wow. Amazing issue with absolutely no dialogue in the meat of the whole thing. Really good stuff. Can't wait for THAT episode in the soon-to-be-tv-show! lol.
    I hope a major cable network gets Lazarus if this actually finds a home. Not just because of the violence but also the chance to give this the quality it deserves.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I hope a major cable network gets Lazarus if this actually finds a home. Not just because of the violence but also the chance to give this the quality it deserves.
    I think Lazarus will only have a viable future on TV if it does get picked up by a network that offers healthy budgets and no restrictions on what they can show. I'd love for it to be on AMC/HBO/Showtime. I would be very apprehensive if it ends up being on CBS/ABC/CW. I also see it as having a season of 10/12 episodes and not 20-23 like some networks do.

It would have to be marketed VERY well to appeal to as many people as possible. I haven't really been sold on adaptions for TV, whether they come from a comic or a book series. GoT started to prove me wrong in the first few seasons and then when they started to omit some absolutely great characters I gave up, which I'm afraid could happen with this show.

Quote Originally Posted by ysemaj View Post
    I think Lazarus will only have a viable future on TV if it does get picked up by a network that offers healthy budgets and no restrictions on what they can show. I'd love for it to be on AMC/HBO/Showtime. I would be very apprehensive if it ends up being on CBS/ABC/CW. I also see it as having a season of 10/12 episodes and not 20-23 like some networks do.

It would have to be marketed VERY well to appeal to as many people as possible. I haven't really been sold on adaptions for TV, whether they come from a comic or a book series. GoT started to prove me wrong in the first few seasons and then when they started to omit some absolutely great characters I gave up, which I'm afraid could happen with this show.
    I pretty much agree with everything you said. Except I don't think you can compare it to GoT. Those books are massive and to try to fit that into small season is such a daunting task that I believe they did well under the circumstances that surround that series.

With Lazarus we are only 16 issues deep of a comic book. Granted there's a massive amount of world building but the main story itself is pretty short. As a positive this could give them room to really play around with. It also could be too much where the writers get lost within concepts that backs them into a corner. There's so much potential and I think that a Lazarus show has a better chance with HBO, Showtime, or even Starz.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

what would most concern me about a TV Lazarus is the (likely?) reduction or elimination of the anti-big corporation capitalism that's the strong social undercurrent to the comic. Socio-economics is SUCH a major, if under-stated factor in the comic, and such a nearly-taboo ("anti-America") subject in current political newscasts of major networks, I worry TV producers would simply drop that aspect. In the comic, we have the super-duper rich families, their 'affliliates' and the mass of humanity--the Waste. On TV..? The world of Lazarus is close at hand to reality, thank you brothers Koch and ilk; I'd bet Lazarus transferred to TV would cut too closely.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

So is there any word on when the next issue of Lazarus is scheduled to drop?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Got the 4 Lazarus tpbs. Man things got crazy int he last two.

But I must say: Forever is adorable.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

I felt that way towards the flashbacks.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I felt that way towards the flashbacks.
    She was especially adorable, and hot, during the Conclave.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

So is there any word on when the next issue of Lazarus is scheduled to drop?
    Comixology has listed it for April 20th. So yeah still a good bit to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Hey Pyro, nice to see that you enjoyed it. Man that cliff-hanger from the last issue is just so big and we have to wait so long for the follow-up.

Totally agreed on Forever but then she is so similar to Laura that I of course have to love her
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

Hey Pyro, nice to see that you enjoyed it. Man that cliff-hanger from the last issue is just so big and we have to wait so long for the follow-up.

Totally agreed on Forever but then she is so similar to Laura that I of course have to love her
    Laura would make a killer Lazarus
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Laura would make a killer Lazarus
    My headcanon is that Forever is an alternative reality Laura. A reality in which such silly things as super heroes don't exist
    "This is me being reasonable"

Can't come soon enough. My blood's starting to itch.

That's why Rucka is the 1st person (after Taylor) I'd want to write Laura. But man I can't wait to see how this new addition came to be.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Is anyone else planning to pick up the Lazarus Sourcebook this week?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Is anyone else planning to pick up the Lazarus Sourcebook this week?
    I can't wait for it. I love this book so much.