Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    I'm up to date thanks to the two hardbacks, and am waiting impatiently for the next issue.

Have there ever been any indications on how long a run Lazarus will have?
    No joke, that wait has been killing me.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Wow, it's only just getting going then. Thanks.

BANNED

Just finished reading issue #22 and as I suspect Forever is a spoilers:
    clone, whom I wonder if Joanna is going to get rid of the older version
    end of spoilers. That Malcolm really is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Just finished reading issue #22 and as I suspect Forever is a spoilers:
    clone, whom I wonder if Joanna is going to get rid of the older version
    end of spoilers. That Malcolm really is amazing.
    spoilers:
    It wouldn't be hard for her to do now that Forever is going to have her regen abilities suppressed, but I don't think she will -- a Lazarus is too necessary when the families are at war, and I'm not sure how long Sonjya will be in the picture. But getting rid of Forever could be part of a longer term plan. We saw Joanna laying the groundwork to get the most recent version of Eve to imprint on her instead of dear old dad, after all.
    end of spoilers

This is on sale on Comixology right now. If I do decide to grab it, should I get the trades, or do the singles have extras in them what are worth the extra money?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBedlam View Post
    This is on sale on Comixology right now. If I do decide to grab it, should I get the trades, or do the singles have extras in them what are worth the extra money?
    Get the singles. They have fake advertisements for the families and their products as well as mini biographies for them as well as an interesting letters column. I think that material is worth the extra money. I have the first trade and and the rest singles. I'm contemplating buying the first 4 issues so that I have the singles for them as well to get the backup information for those books.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBedlam View Post
    Whichever...important thing is to grab it in one form or the other.

This is a wonderful series...enjoyed it far more than any mainstream super hero yarn I've read published in last 10 years. (No doubt partly a reflection of my changing tastes...a lot of the conventions employed in mainstream super hero yarns are starting to bore me. But....it is very, very well written and artwork is top notch.)

I really love good characters. Lazarus has lots... big and little Forever, Sonja Bittner, Joanna Carlyle, even that secret agent nun.

Incredible Member

So what's been going on with this book? After #21 (December 2015) Rucka said that in the future he would like to take more time between arcs so that he could get out issues monthly. Instead the book has fallen off a cliff in terms of maintaining any sort of real schedule. Only 4 issues in 2016.

Guessing the answer is wonder woman happened. But he also has a new ongoing coming for image so who knows?
    I'm starting to think I'll wait for Rucka to finish his image stuff before picking it up.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Guessing the answer is wonder woman happened. But he also has a new ongoing coming for image so who knows?
    I'm starting to think I'll wait for Rucka to finish his image stuff before picking it up.
    I'm feeling like this with every creator these days.
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 02-21-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Good luck with that, according to Rucka Lazarus is a 100-150 issue story.

Yup. Unless there's been a drastic change in his plans.

I don't care if I'm 70 when the last issues of this come out, I'm staying on for the long haul. When the issues come out, they come out.

I meant anything new Rucka starts. Too committed to Lazarus at this point, but I won't be starting Old Guard or Black Magic despite being interested in both.
    This interview from last May said they were 25-30% done after the second hardcover, so no way it will be 100-150 issues
    http://comicbook.com/2016/05/16/stor...rk-on-lazarus/
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Incredible Member

I meant anything new Rucka starts. Too committed to Lazarus at this point, but I won't be starting Old Guard or Black Magic despite being interested in both.
    This interview from last May said they were 25-30% done after the second hardcover, so no way it will be 100-150 issues
    http://comicbook.com/2016/05/16/stor...rk-on-lazarus/
    Hadn't seen that interview. Thanks. I was referring to an older 2015 interview he did.