All-New Member

Default Does anyone here have knowlege on how much the New52 Nightwing set would fetch?

hello everyone reading this i am new to this community, so first off I would like to say hello.

and secondly. Im trying to cleanout my closet and narrow down my comics and comic collecting to only Green lantern, Punisher, Venom/Carnage, and Batman.

I have alot fo the early New 52 stuff, and one of which I see is popular is the night wing stuff by Kyle Higgins.

i have the whole run of Kyle Higgins Nightwing Series. and just wondering does anyone know what I should sell it for?

what is a fair price i should start looking at?

What would YOU pay for it??

Quote Originally Posted by adam529 View Post
    hello everyone reading this i am new to this community, so first off I would like to say hello.

and secondly. Im trying to cleanout my closet and narrow down my comics and comic collecting to only Green lantern, Punisher, Venom/Carnage, and Batman.

I have alot fo the early New 52 stuff, and one of which I see is popular is the night wing stuff by Kyle Higgins.

i have the whole run of Kyle Higgins Nightwing Series. and just wondering does anyone know what I should sell it for?

what is a fair price i should start looking at?

What would YOU pay for it??
    Honestly? Probably not much. Besides, unless someone is throwback-anal collector of specifically single issues, it's all being released in the tpb collections and digitally. If you wanted it to be worth more than maybe a buck each or so (just throwing out a number here), you'd need something special, like autographed copies or maybe rare variant covers.

Remember, you need rarity to make something truly valuable, and I don't know if any of those issues would have been printed in low enough numbers to make them rare.

Anybody have any recent experience buying or selling any of those issues?

http://comicspriceguide.com/ is a good resource, you have to signup to view search results but it's free

Most issues are going for cover price, although there are a few oddities (prices are for a 9.4 condition copy) like #1 for $12 and #4 for $18 (wtf?)

To be honest most modern comics go for cover price if they are 9.8 and you can find a buyer, there are some oddities though so it's worth checking resources like I mentioned so you don't miss out.

When you find a rarity you should probably get it "slabbed" via CGC, although you'll want to weigh the cost of doing that versus the cost of the book, collectors are much more open to spending more on a CGC book of the same grade that hasn't been graded e.g. that Nightwing #4 if you say it's 9.4 you might get $18, if it's graded you might get $36. If it's graded at 9.8 you might get $100 so there is a big jump of value between those higher grades (don't bother thinking about any higher than 9.8, it hardly ever happens)
    Last edited by Mahzian; 11-13-2014 at 07:47 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    and #4 for $18 (wtf?)
    I heard that many issues of #4 were damaged during transportation - undamaged issues are hard to find, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by kantor View Post
    I heard that many issues of #4 were damaged during transportation - undamaged issues are hard to find, it seems.
    AH wow! That must have been a pretty widespread issue to effect the price that drastically!

Nothing from the Nu52 is valuable, aside from artificially inflated prices built through hype like 3D covers.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by kantor View Post
    Damaged in what way? Do we know? (I want to see if mine is one of them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Nothing from the Nu52 is valuable, aside from artificially inflated prices built through hype like 3D covers.
    Interestingly enough, ComicsPriceGuide is listing the N52 Batman #1 at $30. And the B&W variant @ $200.

All-New Member

I dont get why Batman 1 is so much when soo many copies were printed.
    and why is the regular cover worth more than the variant. anyone know???

Quote Originally Posted by adam529 View Post
    I dont get why Batman 1 is so much when soo many copies were printed.
    and why is the regular cover worth more than the variant. anyone know???
    Why not ask these guys?

http://comicspriceguide.com/

http://www.sellmycomicbooks.com/comi...ce-guides.html

http://comicbookrealm.com/