Page 184 of 325 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 4869
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It's annoying that my threads keep getting deleted. Is legit criticism off-bounds here?
    From what I read, most everyone was being pretty civil towards each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    From what I read, most everyone was being pretty civil towards each other.
    Was this the thread where folks were calling each other racists? I’m kind of amazed it lasted as long as it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Was this the thread where folks were calling each other racists? I’m kind of amazed it lasted as long as it did.
    I didn’t make it that far into it, if it was.

So are discussion threads, that aren’t superficial appreciation wank fests, still allowed on this forum? Pretty much the entire first page is nothing but appreciation threads.

So are discussion threads, that aren’t superficial appreciation wank fests, still allowed on this forum? Pretty much the entire first page is nothing but appreciation threads.
    If you genuinely appreciate a character then it’s not superficial. This forum is for X-men fans, and fans appreciate these characters. Those threads are generally positive and upbeat places, and what’s wrong with that? There’s absolutely nothing wrong with discussions, as long as they stay civil. But the problem is that this seems to be an insurmountable challenge for a few people on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    If you genuinely appreciate a character then it’s not superficial. This forum is for X-men fans, and fans appreciate these characters. Those threads are generally positive and upbeat places, and what’s wrong with that? There’s absolutely nothing wrong with discussions, as long as they stay civil. But the problem is that this seems to be an insurmountable challenge for a few people on these boards.
    These appreciation threads clog up any intelligent discourse that could spring up from this franchise. The X-Men are more than colorful characters, and their allegory to real life racism, sexism, and general discrimination should be a central theme to these boards. There’s nothing wrong with appreciating a character, but almost every single thread on the first page is an appreciation thread. It’s ridiculous.

BANNED

These appreciation threads clog up any intelligent discourse that could spring up from this franchise. The X-Men are more than colorful characters, and their allegory to real life racism, sexism, and general discrimination should be a central theme to these boards. There’s nothing wrong with appreciating a character, but almost every single thread on the first page is an appreciation thread. It’s ridiculous.
    Actually I'm pretty one of the biggest reasons people read X men is because they love their long standing characters and their dynamics and relationships

The X-Men are more than colorful characters, and their allegory to real life racism, sexism, and general discrimination should be a central theme to these boards.
    I agree that these are important topics, but if history is any indication they are also the threads that breed the most anger, ill-feeling and vitriol. All that bickering, name calling and negativity is discouraging and tiresome.

Speaking for myself, I don’t read comics for the allegory. I read them for the characters, and just for the fun of it. However, only a fool would deny that these themes don’t exist in these books, and those topics really should be discussed. So maybe the answer is to give them their own subforum. That way folks who don’t want to get involved in those discussions can stay out of there. But that’s up to the Mods. Who knows, maybe folks can remain civil and mature enough to have real, thought-provoking discourse. But this is the internet, so I wouldn’t put money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Actually I'm pretty one of the biggest reasons people read X men is because they love their long standing characters and their dynamics and relationships
    Maybe the current comics, but the current comics are garbage.

BANNED

If you want an 'intelligent' discussion, then start one.

But personally I don't think that's what the current readership in 2018 wants. When people make posts saying that the X-Men should kill the Inhumans/or humans. Exalting a tv sitcom character like Honey Badger or quibbling about needing their interest group to be represented as opposed to a cracking story with depth. Then that tells me that fans aren't interested in the principles that the X-Men stand for.
    Last edited by Mia; 05-19-2018 at 03:06 PM.

BANNED

Maybe the current comics, but the current comics are garbage.
    If they're garbage then they'd been cancelled long ago, you'll probably say current fans have terrible taste and only a selected few understand the true depth the X-men have. . . SO think of something else

All-New Member

New to the forums and thought this would be the best place to ask this rather than starting a thread.

I've always read X-Men (and most comics) fairly casually, but have really ramped it up over the past month or so and am trying to dig deeper into the X-Men as they're my favorite group of heroes. I've read Avengers vs. X-Men (the entire event) and am currently reading Grant Morrison's run of New X-Men (2001) and some post-AvX books.

With that being said, I'm not getting a whole lot from my favorite characters. I'd love to see some stories with a heavy presence of Magik, Kitty, Psylocke, and Nightcrawler (if any series exist with all, that'd be great!!), but really any mix-or-match would be awesome. Have been researching a bit of Uncanny X-Men v3 because of Bachalo's fantastic art, but would love some input from people here on series I should be spending time with.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by nomemorial View Post
    New to the forums and thought this would be the best place to ask this rather than starting a thread.

I've always read X-Men (and most comics) fairly casually, but have really ramped it up over the past month or so and am trying to dig deeper into the X-Men as they're my favorite group of heroes. I've read Avengers vs. X-Men (the entire event) and am currently reading Grant Morrison's run of New X-Men (2001) and some post-AvX books.

With that being said, I'm not getting a whole lot from my favorite characters. I'd love to see some stories with a heavy presence of Magik, Kitty, Psylocke, and Nightcrawler (if any series exist with all, that'd be great!!), but really any mix-or-match would be awesome. Have been researching a bit of Uncanny X-Men v3 because of Bachalo's fantastic art, but would love some input from people here on series I should be spending time with.

Thanks!!
    Excluding the classic Claremont stuff from the 80's with them in it, Uncanny X-Men #444 onwards has a Claremont return including Nightcrawler and eventually Psylocke on the team. I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the run but you could try it. It's collected in Uncanny X-Men - The New Age Vol. 1: The End of History.

Kitty is quite prominent in Whedons Astonishing X-Men, she's pretty much the main character for most of it.

Psylocke is very prominent in Uncanny X-Force vol 1 by Rick Remender, and in the X-Forces that followed that I think.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Excluding the classic Claremont stuff from the 80's with them in it, Uncanny X-Men #444 onwards has a Claremont return including Nightcrawler and eventually Psylocke on the team. I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the run but you could try it. It's collected in Uncanny X-Men - The New Age Vol. 1: The End of History.

Kitty is quite prominent in Whedons Astonishing X-Men, she's pretty much the main character for most of it.

Psylocke is very prominent in Uncanny X-Force vol 1 by Rick Remender, and in the X-Forces that followed that I think.
    Thank you so much for the detailed response! I'll add these to the list. I've read a bit of X-Force, but truly have no clue exactly which books, so that sounds like something I'd be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    If you want an 'intelligent' discussion, then start one.

But personally I don't think that's what the current readership in 2018 wants. When people make posts saying that the X-Men should kill the Inhumans/or humans. Exalting a tv sitcom character like Honey Badger or quibbling about needing their interest group to be represented as opposed to a cracking story with depth. Then that tells me that fans aren't interested in the principles that the X-Men stand for.
    True, although it can be hard to start an intelligent conversation when the extreme shippers or super fans have their only vision of things. It can be difficult sometimes especially when asking or following an idea triggers someone. :/ This is the internet of course. Regardless if any of you guys want to a philosophical or ethical discussion feel.free to message or leave me a post. :3
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...