Page 276 of 325 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4868

I don't know if anyone has brought up the similarities before which is why I am not creating a separate thread for it, but I finally got around to watching Netflix's mini docu-series Wild Wild Country and umm... if Hickman had watched this documentary when it first came out in 2018, I can see it planting the seeds of HiX-Men in his mind.

Has anybody else here watched Wild Wild Country? Can you see the strong parallels with Krakoa era? Btw regardless of the comparisons, I highly suggest WWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I don't know if anyone has brought up the similarities before which is why I am not creating a separate thread for it, but I finally got around to watching Netflix's mini docu-series Wild Wild Country and umm... if Hickman had watched this documentary when it first came out in 2018, I can see it planting the seeds of HiX-Men in his mind.

Has anybody else here watched Wild Wild Country? Can you see the strong parallels with Krakoa era? Btw regardless of the comparisons, I highly suggest WWC.
    Now that you mention it, I do see similarities. But I think that might be more due to the nature of cults than the actual docuseries. You could draw parallels between Krakoa and Jim Jones’ Peoples Temple, too.

Will Hickman’s Professor X be leading the X-Men to their kool-aid moment?

I think it’s possible. I think the x-books could go in a lot of different directions with the seeds Hickman has planted, but I don’t know that Hickman’s thing has ever been plot twists. He’s generally been a more straightforward writer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Now that you mention it, I do see similarities. But I think that might be more due to the nature of cults than the actual docuseries. You could draw parallels between Krakoa and Jim Jones’ Peoples Temple, too.

Will Hickman’s Professor X be leading the X-Men to their kool-aid moment?

I think it’s possible. I think the x-books could go in a lot of different directions with the seeds Hickman has planted, but I don’t know that Hickman’s thing has ever been plot twists. He’s generally been a more straightforward writer than that.
    Jonestown is mentioned in the documentary, which was one of the reasons the Oregon locals and government grew wary of the Rajneeshee commune. I particularly found the similarities with WWC amusing as some things seemed TOO coincidental (like the secret underground tunnel in Sheela's bedroom leading to operations unknown to other commune members, the commune training its own defence force once they were attacked, pre-emptive attacks on enemies etc.) The timing of the docuseries coming out also perfectly fits into the timeline of when Hickman may have conceived the idea of HoX/PoX.

HiX-Men seems like a hypothetical What If? riff on cult leaders not being completely full of **** and actually working for the betterment of their community like they claim to.

I've made the decision to quit drinking. 10 days in and I already feel more energetic and I'm sleeping better! Now I just have to lose some damn weight!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I've made the decision to quit drinking. 10 days in and I already feel more energetic and I'm sleeping better! Now I just have to lose some damn weight!
    Congrats! And best of luck!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Congrats! And best of luck!
    Thanks, I appreciate that!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Well done! I get the feeling that often people who want to lose weight overlook the insane amount of calories they're drinking on nights out, so possibly both your cases are the same case.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Well done! I get the feeling that often people who want to lose weight overlook the insane amount of calories they're drinking on nights out, so possibly both your cases are the same case.
    Yeah, there is definitely a correlation.

Does anyone else find it weird that it doesn't seem like the other boards...actually talk about each issue? Like here, new issue out, there's a discussion thread...out there..nothing.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

on snap the modok show is on hulu now. i didn't see anyone mention when it would be released. and it's rated Mature Adults.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yooo i am loving this Modok show. lol. I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I didn't even realize that was out! I feel like I haven't seen any promos for it. I'll have to check it this weekend. I love Patton Oswalt
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I didn't even realize that was out! I feel like I haven't seen any promos for it. I'll have to check it this weekend. I love Patton Oswalt
    I ended up binging the whole thing today. i hope it gets a season 2. Seth Green influence is heavily felt and that is a really good thing.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I have found myself in a RuPaul's Drag Race rabbit hole (and I feel fine).

This is going to sound crazy but there is a pattern to posters that work in the industry (like media aids etc.)and when they post to threads.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.