Page 9 of 326 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Who would train with?
    Elektra
    Why? Because I want to be a frikken ninja and strike unsuspecting people from the shadows.
    Alternately I go for Black Widow so I can be a super spy instead. Get me some tech expert and then roam the world as a real James Bond.

As for favorite DC characters they are probably Lady Shiva, Cassandra Cain and Black Canary. It's pretty cool how many woman are counted as the top martial artists in the DCU.
    Unfortunately Shiva was never much of a main protagonist type of character and New52 has been pretty bad for Cassandra Cain and Black Canary.
    Cass got basically erased and Canary was reduced to a whiny pile of mess. *sigh*
    Frustrating to finally want to start buying and reading actual comics with them only to find out how mishandled they have been.
    Lady Shiva had a prominent role in Morrison's "Multiversity" #2. She looked great. She stood on the wing of a flying biplane in high-heeled boots and I was in summarily reduced to a blathering fanboi basking in her radiance.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Preach the truth! Final Execution was a huge disappointment and I didn't even bother reading Otherworld.
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Fissiks View Post
    Remember that time Cyclops beat Storm Magneto and Psylocke all at once...good times

FK yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Has anyone read X-Men: No More Humans?

Recommended or pass?

it's good if you want to see rachel kick scarlet off the school property.

That's one good reason.

I'm attempting to rebuild my collection of X-trades. As much as I would love to collect a good majority of them all, I want to scale it down to ones I really enjoy and will read from time to time. So far Supernovas, New X-Men Omnibus (Grant M. run), Messiah Complex, and DOFP are on my list.

you could try some trades of astonishing if joss whedon is your cup of tea. i know many who despise his work though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. View Post

Recommended or pass?
    It was decent...not great though...and essentially out of continuity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    you could try some trades of astonishing if joss whedon is your cup of tea. i know many who despise his work though.
    I'd take Whedon's Astonishing run over Morrison's any day.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. View Post

Recommended or pass?
    I would recommend it as long as it wasn't full price. Nice to read something by Carey again but you clearly are not missing anything that ties with the books. Even if it did, the books have moved pass that moment in time.

I also like Whedon over Morrison. But Fraction made Whedon's finale readable again. I couldn't read Unstoppable for two years after the first few times.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

That one Morrison issue with Logan and Scott hashing it out at the Hellfire Club was better than Whedon's run in toto.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    That one Morrison issue with Logan and Scott hashing it out at the Hellfire Club was better than Whedon's run in toto.
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on that because I don't think there was any issue of Morrison's run that was good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on that because I don't think there was any issue of Morrison's run that was good at all.
    Murder at the Mansion and the Magneto arcs were pretty great. I do like Morrison's Emma, she should have been the star of the series

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    Murder at the Mansion and the Magneto arcs were pretty great. I do like Morrison's Emma, she should have been the star of the series
    She was the star of the series...because everyone else was busy being character assassinated.

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    She was the star of the series...because everyone else was busy being character assassinated.
    At least we got Emma, the others have bounced back

The problem with Murder at the Mansion ... was in the end there wasn't a murder. Not in the traditional sense of a murder mystery. If Morrison was going to kill her off and it actually work with the story - Emma should have stayed dead. Not busting on characters. Just for a murder mystery - they don't usually come back to life. Unless the person in question needed or wanted to be dead for a reason. IMO.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.