Page 285 of 326 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4883

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Thank you for sharing that, I appreciate the personal insight. Do you know if Cebulski ever apologized for that incident?
    No problem. He did apologize as far as i know but his actions to me don't show he is sincere. That again is my honest opinion. I feel it was smoke and mirrors and delayed the rollout we are seeing now of mainly erasure of characters of color.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No problem. He did apologize as far as i know but his actions to me don't show he is sincere. That again is my honest opinion. I feel it was smoke and mirrors and delayed the rollout we are seeing now of mainly erasure of characters of color.
    Erasure of poc? I don’t understand… Storm is regent of the solar system. We have a few BP titles as well as BP being leader of the Avengers, Luke Cage has a solo series coming out as well, Lando is a main character in the SW title, Shang Chi has a solo and the new Iron Fist is also a poc.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but I don’t really understand the claim you’re making.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Erasure of poc? I don’t understand… Storm is regent of the solar system. We have a few BP titles as well as BP being leader of the Avengers, Luke Cage has a solo series coming out as well, Lando is a main character in the SW title, Shang Chi has a solo and the new Iron Fist is also a poc.

I’m not trying to be argumentative but I don’t really understand the claim you’re making.
    Storm has a title but no book, marvel has no black female leads with a title. Luke cage solo series was cancelled today. So we have what miles, storm, bp, that are active right now out of how many characters. Then you have shang chi which is a great book so that's four poc. Oh and then their is echo in that song of phoenix that is flat out doomed to fail compared to how many books marvel releases? Compare that to when the stories were crap but storm was leading extraordinary, the big luke cage push under bendis, Sam wilson having some story and other characters of color maybe not having prominent roles but being present to 2021 and 2022 where the solicitis are pretty much "enjoy how white marvel is." Some people will never understand it and i'm okay with that. I'm not making an argument as the body of work being presented does it itself, i'm simply venting my opinion. but to sum it up in a nicer kanye way i would say current marvel don't care about black people or latin people in particular and i feel the asian characters are getting their deserved shine because Akira Cebulski is not a stupid man. One doesn't pen books for a year and become pulblisher of a big brand without some common sense and connections.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-24-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Storm has a title but no book, marvel has no black female leads with a title. Luke cage solo series was cancelled today. So we have what miles, storm, bp, that are active right now out of how many characters. Then you have shang chi which is a great book so that's four poc. Oh and then their is echo in that song of phoenix that is flat out doomed to fail compared to how many books marvel releases? Compare that to when the stories were crap but storm was leading extraordinary, the big luke cage push under bendis, Sam wilson having some story and other characters of color maybe not having prominent roles but being present to 2021 and 2022 where the solicitis are pretty much "enjoy how white marvel is." Some people will never understand it and i'm okay with that. I'm not making an argument as the body of work being presented does it itself, i'm simply venting my opinion. but to sum it up in a nicer kanye way i would say current marvel don't care about black people or latin people in particular and i feel the asian characters are getting their deserved shine because Akira Cebulski is not a stupid man. One doesn't pen books for a year and become pulblisher of a big brand without some common sense and connections.
    Can I ask what you would do if you were Cebulski's position? There are more books staring white males for sure but I'm a little caught up on the erasure opinion I suppose. We also both forgot Ms. Marvel has a solo as well as New Mutants having a diverse cast. Not to mention the Marvel Voice's titles.

Can I ask what you would do if you were Cebulski's position? There are more books staring white males for sure but I'm a little caught up on the erasure opinion I suppose. We also both forgot Ms. Marvel has a solo as well as New Mutants having a diverse cast. Not to mention the Marvel Voice's titles.
    nothing left to add to help the dude out. At the end of the day i've learned people understand what they want to understand unless there is a specific reason why they can't. And those little piece mail, pride month, black history month books imo are insulting when your not backing it up with other material and i actually purchased those so i'm free to say that. Just check the solicits for december 2016 before Akira Cebulski took over and all the women and people of color that had roles or minis compared to how that has dwindled since akira took over.

Though on digital i will add as much as marvel is shooting themselves in the foot they should thank sites like comixology for all the emails they send me and i'm sure others letting us know their books have been released for purchase but instead they are doubling down for an industry that does not do the same on their store shelves. But again i'm not trying to explain anything to anybody i'm done with that. Just give my opinion and do what i'm going to do. lol I don't wake up thinking about this stuff. lol Let them keep subsidizing their suburban shops. *Shrugs*
    *ninja vanish*
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-24-2021 at 07:07 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate. Regardless, I hope everyone has a great day.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate. Regardless, I hope everyone has a great day.
    Happy thank's giving. Hope you had one as well. ^_^
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Feeling a little weird today. Today is the last day i will be purchasing predominately marvel comics so this should be interesting. I can say i bought at least one issue from over 62 different marvel series alone in the last year as to me it's universe is the most super and it's heroes the most fantastical but for everything there is a season. I will continue to support the books that speak to me because i'm not a masochist but this was a long time coming. if anyone can recommend any series it would be much appreciated as aside from a few dc books marvel has been my comics home since i was 8. With moving and everything else this has been a year ending in change. Felt good seeing snow again. ^_^ (random ending)
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Feeling a little weird today. Today is the last day i will be purchasing predominately marvel comics so this should be interesting. I can say i bought at least one issue from over 62 different marvel series alone in the last year as to me it's universe is the most super and it's heroes the most fantastical but for everything there is a season. I will continue to support the books that speak to me because i'm not a masochist but this was a long time coming. if anyone can recommend any series it would be much appreciated as aside from a few dc books marvel has been my comics home since i was 8. With moving and everything else this has been a year ending in change. Felt good seeing snow again. ^_^ (random ending)
    I would recommend “something is killing the children” and “once and future” for non marvel titles. Also “we only find them when they’re dead” is good but the art is kinda meh.

I would recommend “something is killing the children” and “once and future” for non marvel titles. Also “we only find them when they’re dead” is good but the art is kinda meh.
    will definitely check those out. thanks for the recommendations.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I am a little disappointed in comixology as The Marvels #6 was no on there new releases pages but either way it was well worth the wait and one heck of a read. More lady lotus. I love the clean old school art too.

edit: oh and all credit and dues to the colorist on this issue too. Just a really great job and the artist once again hit it out the park. I know this issue wasn't easy to draw or color but they hit it out the part as perfectly as the words.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-01-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Little annoyed that there is a whole big trade of New mutants that hasnt been made. Why is there a gap between demon bear and sudden death?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Hey y'all, been a while since I was around these parts. Hope those of you in the U.S all had a great Thanksgiving and I hope those of you who aren't in the U.S had a great time too.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Little annoyed that there is a whole big trade of New mutants that hasn't been made. Why is there a gap between demon bear and sudden death?
    Yeah, I don't know. But it is a travesty of justice. The New Mutants stuff is collected in a good, linear fashion at first. Like, you can consistently get everything up until issue #48 in the New Mutants Classic trades. But everything after that is collected in such a scattered fashion if it is collected at all.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

1,000 posts!

Used to have 10,000+ before the great reboot of 2014. Not that it matters.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I remember the time of The Great Before. When X-Cresence was a den of off-color commentary and eternal thread drift. Where reputations were lost and found, where angels feared to tread. It is but a shell of its former self. Gone are the musings of Bethamphetamines, The Fury, Beast, Faded and Hi-Fi. I am left here alone to wander this barren wasteland.

My only hope is that the message board somehow gains sentience, blindly uniting us all once again with it's great light of freakishness.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 12-06-2021 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance