Page 287 of 326 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4884

To spruce of the the new year, anyone wanna do appreciation threads for certain runs?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

We are entering the last eeek to vote. So be on time to submit your votes!!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    To spruce of the the new year, anyone wanna do appreciation threads for certain runs?
    This sounds like a fun idea. perhaps certain eras or decades which then could include several runs like maybe appreciation by the decade. I know hunt for xavier, operation zero tolerance, onslaught, even the twelve story where wolverine was a skrull. All of those are some of my favorite arcs.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Seeing those names really brought me back. I sometimes wonder what happened to some of the usual posters from back then. I wonder about jpjosh or jeangreydp (some of the jean fans who made it into the cool kids group on these boards). I sometimes wonder what happened to X-cres because back in the day folks never talked comics in here but talked about their lives - school, relationships, marriages, work, video games, etc.
    Ah this is wild- I was trying to find something I had written ages ago and figured I may have posted using this user name once upon a time and I find THIS post. Literally signed up for CBR all over again just to reply and say I wonder about all of you guys too! How are you? Hope all is well!

I'm still friends with Matt and lots of the old Xcres crew. Most of us are doing well, only sad update I'm aware of is that Q-Wolf passed away years ago. As for me- I'm married and have a kid, moved to California for awhile and then back after 13 years! Can't believe it's been longer than that since the Xcres days! Still love the **** out of Jean ofc!!

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Sabretooth mini by Hama/Texeira.

Superlative

lol i'm just realizing i read this another way. lol. But yes, this is exactly why i think would be fun to do. i took the word runs a completely whole other way. lmao

maybe morrison and maybe a universally panned run. it would be interesting to see us all approach a universally panned run from an appreciation standpoint.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jeangreydp View Post
    Ah this is wild- I was trying to find something I had written ages ago and figured I may have posted using this user name once upon a time and I find THIS post. Literally signed up for CBR all over again just to reply and say I wonder about all of you guys too! How are you? Hope all is well!

I'm still friends with Matt and lots of the old Xcres crew. Most of us are doing well, only sad update I'm aware of is that Q-Wolf passed away years ago. As for me- I'm married and have a kid, moved to California for awhile and then back after 13 years! Can't believe it's been longer than that since the Xcres days! Still love the **** out of Jean ofc!!
    Awesome! I am glad to hear things are going well for you.

I used to love reading X-cres. I participated some but was never a main player. My biggest contribution on the boards back then was posting some of the advanced spoiler threads for Grant Morrison's New X-men. It was definitely a fun time in my life (college years!) and I loved logging on and reading the boards in between studying. The forum was really fun back then except for some of the big fights due to some of the big personalities.

https://twitter.com/AlsoPurp/status/...862361090?s=20

Could someone make this into my a profile avatar for me? Preferably with no text. Please and thank you!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Eternals had a lot of good concepts but i felt like i was watching DBZ with all the long pauses, all the stares, all the slow walking, like i feel 30 minutes of the movie was stares and panning shots.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Eternals had a lot of good concepts but i felt like i was watching DBZ with all the long pauses, all the stares, all the slow walking, like i feel 30 minutes of the movie was stares and panning shots.
    Yeah for sure. I've gone back and forth on it a lot since watching it, but ultimately I think I just forgive it a lot of its flaws like that just because I'm so glad to have something different from a lot of the more formulaic MCU movies. I don't hate them all by any means but there is a lot of sameness to many of them that Eternals felt like a breath of fresh air in comparison to. And I know people have criticized that there's too much going on and too many characters for any of them to get real development, and while that's true to a degree, I can think of at least a half dozen other MCU movies that have a much more tightly contained story and still barely anything in terms of character development with it all just being 'things happen' with very little 'and here's how these characters are affected by those things happening.' Eternals at least, while maybe cramped with all the characters and things it was trying to do, managed to do a lot with very little, in terms of the scenes where it did focus on just a couple characters and give us some insight into them or emotional investment. Phastos gets so little love from what I've seen online, but his scenes did more to emotionally connect me to him and the family he'd made for himself than the first two Thor movies made me care about Thor's relationships. And Makkari - she's easily the most underutilized of the whole film for me, but even if her relationship with Druig admittedly came out of nowhere in the final act, my god did those two actors have chemistry. I wanted all the scenes with them. ALL THE SCENES. Lol. Also Thena's storyline and her dynamic with Gilgamesh really got to me.

Tbh, sadly I'd have to say the real weakness of the film for me was centering it around Sersi and Ikaris, or at least how they wrote them, which I hate saying because I love Gemma Chan and Sersi is one of my all time favorite Marvel characters...but that might have a lot to do with why I felt kinda let down by those two's characterization and relationship. I love how bombastic and off the wall, no-fucks-shall-be-given that classic Sersi is in the comics, like during her main run as an Avenger back in the 80s and 90s. She used to be such a vibrant, charismatic character in the comics and I don't really know where this take on her comes from or why they toned down her personality so much and left her kinda...generic, I guess? And it feels like such a waste of Gemma, because I think she would have been great at portraying a more mischievous, deliberately dramatic and chaotic Sersi. Her portrayal of Sersi as written in the movie was more than fine, I just think the writing watered her character down far more than I'm used to and it just bummed me out cuz that's not the Sersi I was hoping to see.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-12-2022 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah for sure. I've gone back and forth on it a lot since watching it, but ultimately I think I just forgive it a lot of its flaws like that just because I'm so glad to have something different from a lot of the more formulaic MCU movies. I don't hate them all by any means but there is a lot of sameness to many of them that Eternals felt like a breath of fresh air in comparison to. And I know people have criticized that there's too much going on and too many characters for any of them to get real development, and while that's true to a degree, I can think of at least a half dozen other MCU movies that have a much more tightly contained story and still barely anything in terms of character development with it all just being 'things happen' with very little 'and here's how these characters are affected by those things happening.' Eternals at least, while maybe cramped with all the characters and things it was trying to do, managed to do a lot with very little, in terms of the scenes where it did focus on just a couple characters and give us some insight into them or emotional investment. Phastos gets so little love from what I've seen online, but his scenes did more to emotionally connect me to him and the family he'd made for himself than the first two Thor movies made me care about Thor's relationships. And Makkari - she's easily the most underutilized of the whole film for me, but even if her relationship with Druig admittedly came out of nowhere in the final act, my god did those two actors have chemistry. I wanted all the scenes with them. ALL THE SCENES. Lol. Also Thena's storyline and her dynamic with Gilgamesh really got to me.

Tbh, sadly I'd have to say the real weakness of the film for me was centering it around Sersi and Ikaris, or at least how they wrote them, which I hate saying because I love Gemma Chan and Sersi is one of my all time favorite Marvel characters...but that might have a lot to do with why I felt kinda let down by those two's characterization and relationship. I love how bombastic and off the wall, no-fucks-shall-be-given that classic Sersi is in the comics, like during her main run as an Avenger back in the 80s and 90s. She used to be such a vibrant, charismatic character in the comics and I don't really know where this take on her comes from or why they toned down her personality so much and left her kinda...generic, I guess? And it feels like such a waste of Gemma, because I think she would have been great at portraying a more mischievous, deliberately dramatic and chaotic Sersi. Her portrayal of Sersi as written in the movie was more than fine, I just think the writing watered her character down far more than I'm used to and it just bummed me out cuz that's not the Sersi I was hoping to see.
    I pretty much had a lot of the same issues and likes though i don't really know the characters too well so i didn't have any preconceived notions of them so i can't really speak to how the characters should be but i think my number one issue was direction. Scene placement was jarring, the long pauses. Like cersei sitting there on the ground just staring while she has a knife in her, i get it was suppose to be dramatic but i didn't feel it it was more like this time could be filled with something else I think there are about four scenes like that with cersei alone and everyone gets a few. Then there is the fight with Icarus, so they already formulate a plan but when the deviant shows up while they are fighting icarus they immediately jump on the deviant, thankfully phastos materialized something that could hold him in place though i had to wonder if they knew what they were up against why didn't he make a weapon to use against ikarus. Phastos was the most well written character but not the best acted, i felt a lot of his reactions felt over the top or theatre but he did great in the more quiet scenes where he showed love for his family or the last scene with thena showing the boy her power. i got a good laugh there. But yeah my main problem was direction and i guess not the plot but the execution of the actual script. With all the pauses and DRAMA shots there was more than enough space available in the movie to connect the characters more and tell more story but instead i feel it went for more cinematography than content.

I do agree that it was nice that this film offered something different than other marvel movies but i feel it tried way too hard to be artsy and it just did not land and would have benefited from more script and focused. I did not feel like there were too many character i felt there was too much wasted time in the movie if that makes sense. Funny thing Thor 1 and 2 were not really good to me either but Thor Ragnarok is my favorite marvel movie. it's the only one i can still watch and be entertained start to end and that's all i really want. to be entertained and not have to think so hard because certain plots don't make much sense.

Oh and is ikarus dead? I just didn't get that final scene at all. I was like is he leaving or is he like destroying himself. I still don't know to be honest. But a lot of great concepts i hope get expanded on in more entertaining ways.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-13-2022 at 07:11 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    https://twitter.com/AlsoPurp/status/...862361090?s=20

Could someone make this into my a profile avatar for me? Preferably with no text. Please and thank you!
    This is the best I could do, sorry. But I hope it's still useable.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

You know what i read my friends copy of the latest dark ages and it's actually pretty good. The art is nice and it's well written. I'm not much for au's but i have to admit it's nice seeing so many heroes working together. I think i'm going to get the trade when it comes out.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    This is the best I could do, sorry. But I hope it's still useable.

It's perfect. Thanks! Appreciate you.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I forgot to make the background transparent, so here you go.

I forget how transparency works with avatars here, so it might not show. But you can always use it as a reaction image on 4chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.