Page 144 of 327 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 4891
    Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    The Old Homeless X-Men Fan Fiction Archive (OHXFFA for short ) is my pet project/bane of excitence - basically its a database/legacy archive that saves and houses x-fan fiction (and older x-fan sites) that used to be archived on independent sites. With the popularity FF.net, and after the 90s fic boom, many of these sites went down and we lost (or assumed we had lost) a large part of X-history - fan fiction reflects the views and trends within a fanbase and the X-writers were at the center point of the 'fic revolution'. Hell, one of those CFan fic writers, became a X comic writer.

I've saved a lot of stuff over the years, which has basically become the backbone of the project housed on two hard drives. As I find 'new' lost fics or sites they get added. Fonts of Wisdom was a massive archive which was still online until a few months back. It's now offline and like many sites only accessible through the Wayback Machine - it had over 200 fics, many with multiple chapters. In order to add those to the archive/database each has to be read, re-rated, summarised, check to make sure it's homeless and the writer contacted for permission and contact details updated.

Keeping in mind I still have the whole of my own, the Lori MacDonald, Southern Comfort, Shifting Sands, the main Generation X and part of the Wolverine and Jubilee.com archives to catalogue (just to account for the big sites) - the OHXFFA will finally open when I'm in my late 50's...

I'm gonna need help reading - the sites html is all done, but I can only read so much between work and life. I've had days of hours of forced fic reading with characters I hate - it's soul numbing, but my silly way of giving back to a community I grew up with for 18 years.

(Sorry for the text wall of doom everyone)
    I think that is a great idea. I know lots of (old?) X-Men fanfic that isn't hosted on ff.net, and has just slunk into oblivion. I'm glad you've taken it upon yourself to archive it all, and I hope you have help. (Do you need help?)

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

June is Cyclops month!

The Old Homeless X-Men Fan Fiction Archive (OHXFFA for short ) is my pet project/bane of excitence - basically its a database/legacy archive that saves and houses x-fan fiction (and older x-fan sites) that used to be archived on independent sites. With the popularity FF.net, and after the 90s fic boom, many of these sites went down and we lost (or assumed we had lost) a large part of X-history - fan fiction reflects the views and trends within a fanbase and the X-writers were at the center point of the 'fic revolution'. Hell, one of those CFan fic writers, became a X comic writer.

I've saved a lot of stuff over the years, which has basically become the backbone of the project housed on two hard drives. As I find 'new' lost fics or sites they get added. Fonts of Wisdom was a massive archive which was still online until a few months back. It's now offline and like many sites only accessible through the Wayback Machine - it had over 200 fics, many with multiple chapters. In order to add those to the archive/database each has to be read, re-rated, summarised, check to make sure it's homeless and the writer contacted for permission and contact details updated.

Keeping in mind I still have the whole of my own, the Lori MacDonald, Southern Comfort, Shifting Sands, the main Generation X and part of the Wolverine and Jubilee.com archives to catalogue (just to account for the big sites) - the OHXFFA will finally open when I'm in my late 50's...

I'm gonna need help reading - the sites html is all done, but I can only read so much between work and life. I've had days of hours of forced fic reading with characters I hate - it's soul numbing, but my silly way of giving back to a community I grew up with for 18 years.

(Sorry for the text wall of doom everyone)
    that really is a great idea. who is the fanfic writer that became an X-Writer?
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Wow that sounds like an insane task.

That's pretty cool that you've gone out of your way to save all that work. I'm not into that kind of stuff but it's awesome and I do appreciate the effort in doing something like this. I hope it pays off in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycaon pictus View Post
    I think that is a great idea. I know lots of (old?) X-Men fanfic that isn't hosted on ff.net, and has just slunk into oblivion. I'm glad you've taken it upon yourself to archive it all, and I hope you have help. (Do you need help?)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    that really is a great idea. who is the fanfic writer that became an X-Writer?
    Thanks for the encouragement and kind words guys. Yeah, we lost a lot of awesome stuff, but I've been pretty surprised by the old stuff I've been able to find (Wayback Machine FTW) and writers I;ve been able to reconnect with.

I don't have any help right now, but once I sort some stuff out (and I'm done moving), I might ask for volunteers from the forum to help with the reading - even if everyone just did their fav characters it would take a load off (mmm...I'd need like 78 ROMY fans for the 90s fic ).

That writer Felix, was Marjorie Liu, she use to go by Ascian (certain recurring "themes" from her fan fics can be seen in her X23 run), she also use to run WolverineandJubilee.com and was one of the nicest archivist from the heyday era.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 05-31-2015 at 05:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    June is Cyclops month!
    I ♥ him in X-Men 92.

I just found out that Whose Line just started a new season. Guess what I'm bingeing for the next couple hours

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words guys. Yeah, we lost a lot of awesome stuff, but I've been pretty surprised by the old stuff I've been able to find (Wayback Machine FTW) and writers I;ve been able to reconnect with.

I don't have any help right now, but once I sort some stuff out (and I'm done moving), I might ask for volunteers from the forum to help with the reading - even if everyone just did their fav characters it would take a load off (mmm...I'd need like 78 ROMY fans for the 90s fic ).

That writer Felix, was Marjorie Liu, she use to go by Ascian (certain recurring "themes" from her fan fics can still be seen in her X23 run), she also use to run WolverineandJubilee.com and was one of the nicest archivist from the heyday era.
    That made me laugh
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Wait, wasn't last month Storm month too?

WUD UP JUSTIN K!

Howya been?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

XCOM 2 from Firaxis seems to be on its way.

Also:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is currently in negotiations to star in the upcoming remake of John Carpenter's Big Trouble in LIttle China.

The movie will be written by Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz, writers of X-Men: First Class, Thor and the upcoming Power Rangers movie.
    The original is such a great film - hopefully the re-make will do it justice.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 06-01-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Somewhere Big G just had a heart attack seeing this remake has been commissioned.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

Somewhere Big G just had a heart attack seeing this remake has been commissioned.
    *Grabs the defibrillation paddles*

Clear!

The original is such a great film - hopefully the re-make will do it justice.
    *Grabs the defibrillation paddles*

Clear!

I just got out of a meeting and i saw the news.

Big Trouble is my favorite movie of all time. I can almost quote the entire movie.

The Rock happens to be one of my favorite actors. But I don't think he's right to play Jack Burton. He's too bad ass to be Jack Burton. Jack Burton is all mouth and little action. He's supposed to be the big dumb outsider who thinks he's the hero but in actuality he's the side kick. I just don't see Dwayne pulling that off. He's fucking hercules for christ sakes. The dude could kick my ass in his sleep.

Do I think the movie needs to be remade? No.

IF they remake it, will I see it opening night? Yes.

I wonder if they contacted James Hong to reprise Lo Pan....maybe Egg Shen this time around....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I just got out of a meeting and i saw the news.

Big Trouble is my favorite movie of all time. I can almost quote the entire movie.

The Rock happens to be one of my favorite actors. But I don't think he's right to play Jack Burton. He's too bad ass to be Jack Burton. Jack Burton is all mouth and little action. He's supposed to be the big dumb outsider who thinks he's the hero but in actuality he's the side kick. I just don't see Dwayne pulling that off. He's fucking hercules for christ sakes. The dude could kick my ass in his sleep.

Do I think the movie needs to be remade? No.

IF they remake it, will I see it opening night? Yes.

I wonder if they contacted James Hong to reprise Lo Pan....maybe Egg Shen this time around....
    Glad to hear it's good news for you G. We'll have to see about the Rock - the man is a walking charisma factory.

James Hong is a must! That man is a legend - loved him since I first heard his awesome (and unique) voice in Bladerunner. He's a great actor - wouldn't be the same without him.

(We just got the Arrow edition of "Big Trouble in Little China" a few months ago - still need to watch the special features.)
    Last edited by Beezzi; 06-01-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Glad to hear it's good news for you G. We'll have to see about the Rock - the man is a walking charisma factory.

James Hong is a must! That man is a legend - loved him since I first heard his awesome (and unique) voice in Bladerunner. He's a great actor - wouldn't be the same without him.

(We just got the Arrow edition of "Big Trouble in Little China" a few months ago - still need to watch the special features.)
    I have mixed feelings.

I think the movie is fine the way it is. I don't think a remake is necassry, and I don't think The Rock fits the jack burton character. Like I said, he's too badass. Jack Burton is a badass because he isn't a badass. He's a loudmouth goofball who got lucky becaus of the elixir from the 6 demon bag.

But like i said, if it ends up getting made i'll go see it.

If anyone could rock the pillars of heaven, the poision arrows fall from the sky it would be The Rock.

He'd be a better Thunder IMO

Wouldn't it be great if Godzilla could talk or his thoughts were printed out on the page. I know its random but every time I see The Big G with sunglasses no less, it reminds of my favorite monster and how awesome he is. Carry on.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.