Page 172 of 327 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 4891

One of the dangers of living in the tropics: tropical diseases. Seems I may have Zika. Joy.
    At least I'm on some good drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Fellow X-men fans, please vote for X-23 here: http://community.comicbookresources....nes-do-you-buy

BANNED

Celine Dion is back in Las Vegas: https://www.yahoo.com/style/tearful-...065000946.html

Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

So excited with March!

The new issues are out! CBRFiction Presents: Age of Marvels March 2016 Solicitations are available for you to read, post which titles you think are the coolest and would buy if said books were real, and vote for which line you consider the best. I'm the guy who plots Astonishing X-Men, Immortal X-Men, and Generation X. Have a look and pick your favourites! Oh, and if you're also a DC fan... DC New Dawn's March Solicits are also up! I'm plotting Sentinels of Magic and JSA: Earth 2 at the Distinguished Competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

look lads n lasses n others

we got a code bravo delta foxtrot(???)

missing person

the reward will be glory unlike that this world has ever seen::

where are Logan's teeth??

ANyone take a moment to look at their collected additions. I just did and My Marvel outweighs my DC/Vertigo/Manga.

This feels wrong somehow.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Have X-men ever flexed their standards to include super powered beings in their schools/groups or is it just people strictly born with their powers allowed to attend/chill?

Animaniacs now on Netflix. Nice.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Animaniacs now on Netflix. Nice.
    During that time I really loved Animaniacs and Freakazoid.
    Here's a video of my fondest Yakko memory.

I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I remember Histeria around the same time. Another fun show.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Jonah Weiland just sold CBR to some company called ValNet that collects pop-culture websites. I know this isn't X-MEN related directly, or Complex related directly, but I'm afraid that things might change around here. Jonah is a comic book dude, and ValNet is a bunch of execs who collect pop-culture sites for a profitable portfolio. It's been pleasant here, with fans treated fairly, and allowed to voice polite protest, witness this thread. Just a heads-up that all this might change. Apparently ValNet is going to take over the CBR Los Angeles offices soon. But CBR editorial will remain in place. But this website is going to change.

Edited to add: Looks around and blinks. I posted this in the "Complex" thread, LOL! I think the mods moved me. This might be my first post in the new X-Cresence.

Anyway, I'll miss Jonah's leadership.
    Last edited by Rivka; 04-04-2016 at 05:26 PM.

BANNED

The complex is doing pretty good in practically every comment section on other pop culture sites.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    The complex is doing pretty good in practically every comment section on other pop culture sites.
    Are there other discussions on different websites about the fate of the X-MEN franchise? I didn't know that.

Edited to add: I did some research. Seriously, if you know of other forums where people are congregating to discuss the X-MEN, let us know. Screen Rant was founded, like CBR, for fans to discuss film and tv, and once Valnet took over, the forums disappeared. No more forums. No more CBR like we see it now. There will be comments sections--very large print, very controlled--that scrolls alongside articles. The articles will be not much more than what Marvel, DC, Image, etc. want people to read. I am really concerned for independent publishers, too, like AfterShock and the new Valiant. Some are saying that ScreenRant changed quickly.

I don't think we'll get a warning if the forums are going to be disappeared, so--not to be an alarmist--but I'd recommend saving any posts you want, or private messages and mail, now.

The X-MEN are particularly screwed. If we lose X-Position, for example. CBR has been Marvel-friendly and X-Men-friendly. Valnet might publish an article or two about the fate of the X-Men, but there will be no ongoing coverage if Marvel doesn't want it. I hope none of this happens, but you-all need to be alert.

So if there are other forums out there that are alive (I found several that hadn't had any new posts since 2005 and 2006), please share!
    Last edited by Rivka; 04-04-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Are there other discussions on different websites about the fate of the X-MEN franchise? I didn't know that.

Edited to add: I did some research. Seriously, if you know of other forums where people are congregating to discuss the X-MEN, let us know. Screen Rant was founded, like CBR, for fans to discuss film and tv, and once Valnet took over, the forums disappeared. No more forums. No more CBR like we see it now. There will be comments sections--very large print, very controlled--that scrolls alongside articles. The articles will be not much more than what Marvel, DC, Image, etc. want people to read. I am really concerned for independent publishers, too, like AfterShock and the new Valiant. Some are saying that ScreenRant changed quickly.

I don't think we'll get a warning if the forums are going to be disappeared, so--not to be an alarmist--but I'd recommend saving any posts you want, or private messages and mail, now.

The X-MEN are particularly screwed. If we lose X-Position, for example. CBR has been Marvel-friendly and X-Men-friendly. Valnet might publish an article or two about the fate of the X-Men, but there will be no ongoing coverage if Marvel doesn't want it. I hope none of this happens, but you-all need to be alert.

So if there are other forums out there that are alive (I found several that hadn't had any new posts since 2005 and 2006), please share!
    After the change in policies resulted in a clamp down on different elements of free speech, a lot of former members of the CBR X-Boards left to form their own board. It's certainly a different environment. A very satirical, cynical fun bunch of people who enjoy sharing a drink over the demise over Marvel's merry mutants, while also chatting about other comic and pop-culture related topics. Especially divas.

PM me and I'll send you the URL.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013