Page 253 of 326 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 4884
    BANNED

I just realized Brian Braddock is the Marvel Comics version of Cooper Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I learned in about 1982 that getting Chris talking about the X-Men was a bad idea. Getting him talking about aviation, his Mum, almost anything else was the trick.
    His Mum was one of the women delivering aircraft to the RAF during WWII.
    He took me out for dinner a couple of tomes, he was between wives, and Marvel paid for ‘business lunch’ on Marvels American Express card.
    One of his exes is a friend of mine, so I had an ‘in’ plus I was one of about five female comics fans, and the only one over 18.
    This is actually the coolest experience wtf

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I’m jealous
    He’s a nice guy, really. It was more like ‘88 than ‘82, we were running the Eastercon at the Adelphi Liverpool and he and my friend’s husband had an imaginary duel, with imaginary swords, for my imaginary honour in the huge and posh lounge.
    Chris won by cheating and drawing an imaginary gun.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    This is actually the coolest experience wtf
    The ‘80 were a good time to meet people, my first con was in ‘82 and I went out for dinner with a gang of lads, one of whom was Bryan Talbot. Running cons, you get to meet all the pros so I’ve had dinner with Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore (there are lots of stories about the Warrior artists/writers. Most of them not printable). I’ve swum in Anne McCaffery’s swimming pool and got very very pissed in many bars with many SF authors. It’s what we did.
    Best night of my fannish life was when I won my second Hugo and we sat up all night with our Hugos on the table in front of us, playing ring toss with my bracelets. We kept sending a gopher to the bar to buy champagne and discovered later that she was only 15.

I see no possible way Don could ever defeat Hillary Clinton with dementia.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Ready to hang around again and, most importantly, binge read shitty XavierFiles takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He has two accounts now, boo
    I thought that was a no-no. Won't the mods shut that **** down?
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

BANNED

I see no possible way Don could ever defeat Hillary Clinton with dementia.
    The Sanders campaign strategy always steered towards a 1-on-1 with Biden (which is what the common wisdom was in January 2017 anyway) so it’s weird that they had zero strategy or planning in advance and now that it’s happening, they’re all mad the establishment is supporting the broke, low-enthusiasm candidate who nonetheless was the vice president of the country for eight years.

Oh Lordie, the personal account with all the bad takes is protected! This was my favorite hobby!

And my favourite hobby was reading roasts of those bad takes!

BANNED

It’s too bad I’m on vacation and I can’t transcribe the most important info from next week’s BotA podcast with creator interviews....

torturing myself by listening to 500+ new “Dawn of X” related podcasts. they’re all......

BANNED

I comsidered doing a podcast with some friends after HoXPoX started, but I didn’t go through with it and they’re still mad at me.

BANNED

world of warcraft is taking its sweet time with the alpha for their next expansion, wich is anoying me

ascend to to ffxiv heaven, i say, knowing i'll never complete any of these special FATEs or spend like $30 a pop for all of these special mounts

I comsidered doing a podcast with some friends after HoXPoX started, but I didn’t go through with it and they’re still mad at me.
    not enough to talk about while baby havok remains MIA

BANNED

ascend to to ffxiv heaven, i say, knowing i'll never complete any of these special FATEs or spend like $30 a pop for all of these special mounts

gurl im already there and satisfied, but wow datamining is mega juicy witout playing

Dedicating time and effort during my collegiate and career work life to craft an entire podcast to learning the whereabouts of Bill the Lobster, Major X, baby Havok, and Kate’s real sexuality.