Page 268 of 325 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4869
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Anyone else catch Mommy Dearest on tv today? Jesus, IFC!

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Do you all still do X-Poster of the Month/Year? I was streetwalking down memory lane and found mattbib's old site.

http://www.oocities.org/mattbib/xposter.html

It has the coding and annoucement text. Might be good to have a cheery thread instead of 4 about the Pretender.
    Seeing those names really brought me back. I sometimes wonder what happened to some of the usual posters from back then. I wonder about jpjosh or jeangreydp (some of the jean fans who made it into the cool kids group on these boards). I sometimes wonder what happened to X-cres because back in the day folks never talked comics in here but talked about their lives - school, relationships, marriages, work, video games, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    :/
    I might make one in the future when I've got a bit of free time.
    id be down! even tho Id probably not mod im too feisty

I was on the Marvel thread and reading the posters favorite avengers runs. DO we have a thread like that?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    id be down! even tho Id probably not mod im too feisty
    Yeah I'd probably need some help. I have kinda started to see the whole thing up in the meantime.

If someone else is interested and wants to mod or help create it let me know.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Notes from a funeral:
    - Well meaning Christians are tedious.
    - Mortality is stupid.
    - Shopping for formal clothes during a pandemic was an adventure, and I ultimately looked ridiculous, as I always do. I don't know why we dress up for these things anyway, it's like we have an annual performance review with Death and want look impressive.
    - Amazing Grace is a much longer song than I thought it was, and so maudlin. That's why in my will, I will be stipulating that during my funeral they have to play "My Pussy Tastes Like Pepsi Cola" by Lana Del Rey.

BANNED

I've been to three funerals in my life and none of them required formal wear, thankfully). My dad got mad when he wasn't allowed to wear shorts to my grandfather's funeral a year ago during a heat wave.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Notes from a funeral:
    - Mortality is stupid.
    - Shopping for formal clothes during a pandemic was an adventure, and I ultimately looked ridiculous, as I always do. I don't know why we dress up for these things anyway, it's like we have an annual performance review with Death and want look impressive.
    - Amazing Grace is a much longer song than I thought it was, and so maudlin. That's why in my will, I will be stipulating that during my funeral they have to play "My Pussy Tastes Like Pepsi Cola" by Lana Del Rey.
    I’m being cremated, the closing music, for when people leave the crem, will be The Time Warp and participation will be compulsory.

In the town I grew up in, the crematorium is off Ash Lane, down Sinderland Road or Charcoal Lane. Which makes sending instructions out to grieving relatives more hilarious than you’d expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Notes from a funeral:
    - Mortality is stupid.
    That's a great choice. It's got the solemnity and the audacity to go out with a bang.

I've always thought about what they could play at mine (sadly, I think they'd just do the usual funeral with boring church songs, but I can't be there to check), and I think that you either ask them to play something pretty and meaningful, or something light and funny. This has been weighed as an option since it could cover both

BANNED

Are yall's favorite creators coming out in defense of the hated and feared?

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

I kind of wish I could see my posts on the old forums. Mainly to see how far I have grown and to look back. I've posted quite a bit of stuff back in the day that I'm pretty much embarrassed about now.

I don't know how it took so long to realise this, but the X-Men subreddit is literally just people posting Jim Lee art with "This is the 90s X-Men I grew up with", forever.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I don't know how it took so long to realise this, but the X-Men subreddit is literally just people posting Jim Lee art with "This is the 90s X-Men I grew up with", forever.
    I'm sorry to hear that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That's basically the entire internet. It's going to be way worse when the MCU is just live action version of the old cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    I kind of wish I could see my posts on the old forums. Mainly to see how far I have grown and to look back. I've posted quite a bit of stuff back in the day that I'm pretty much embarrassed about now.
    I started reading some of the old posts archived on this board, and I am an angry little dickens aren't I?

I can barely imagine how angry I must have been on the old forums.