Page 279 of 326 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4888

Thanks to the last cpupla sales, managed to buy 3 Claremont epic collections and some MMW trades. I'm up to UXM 175 now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Thanks to the last cpupla sales, managed to buy 3 Claremont epic collections and some MMW trades. I'm up to UXM 175 now.
    I started with B&W reprints in Marvel UK comics, then spent about three years tracking down back issues. Thus was before reprints and collections, so it was hard (and expensive) I never did track down an affordable copy of 94 or the first Alpha Fight-kidnapp-Wolvie (120?) but I still have the others. If there was a tatty copy for £3, I’d buy it over a better copy for £5 (bloody expensive in the early eighties).

the energy here has been so filled with chaos lately. i hope we can all just take a step back. There just seems to be so much anxiousness.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Thinking about it further if true i'm looking forward to the idea of hickman/ewing/howard starting a new shared universe under substack. I am very interested to see how it goes as i feel the fomula could work and while i'm a big marvel fan i usually don't give new universes a try because they are too big but then i also grow tired of the limitations that come with a universe already so established with so many voices. I think the amount of diversity and the genre of the stories are going to be the big deciding factor for me. But i am also working on something as well so i also want to see the formula in practice. This could very much bring a "manga" feel to the u.s where a work always has consistent teams which imo would go a long way to saving books, the key will be release schedule which personally i have a few ideas for as well but it would depend on team size. The biggest thing i like is the no fixed pages, as i've been trying to do some stuff i've learned that i like how in manga some stories are 15 pages and some are 18 or whatever and like math is one of my things so i like the structure of breaking a story down in arcs with a set number of pages for each "arc" in the issue rather than forcing more or less pages because it's standard.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thinking about it further if true i'm looking forward to the idea of hickman/ewing/howard starting a new shared universe under substack. I am very interested to see how it goes as i feel the fomula could work and while i'm a big marvel fan i usually don't give new universes a try because they are too big but then i also grow tired of the limitations that come with a universe already so established with so many voices. I think the amount of diversity and the genre of the stories are going to be the big deciding factor for me. But i am also working on something as well so i also want to see the formula in practice. This could very much bring a "manga" feel to the u.s where a work always has consistent teams which imo would go a long way to saving books, the key will be release schedule which personally i have a few ideas for as well but it would depend on team size. The biggest thing i like is the no fixed pages, as i've been trying to do some stuff i've learned that i like how in manga some stories are 15 pages and some are 18 or whatever and like math is one of my things so i like the structure of breaking a story down in arcs with a set number of pages for each "arc" in the issue rather than forcing more or less pages because it's standard.
    I subscribed to 3W3M but I’m not sure how I feel about the comics having whatever pages they feel like. I’m cool if I get more for my money, I feel less cool if I get less for my money.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I subscribed to 3W3M but I’m not sure how I feel about the comics having whatever pages they feel like. I’m cool if I get more for my money, I feel less cool if I get less for my money.
    I subscribed to the newsletter but not the subscrition yet as i need more information but the price point is pretty good. I don't think the page count matters as much as how much overal material you are getting. Like i think standard comics are about 4 dollars so in my mind i'm thinking that would equate to 20 issues on the standard market so if it felt like 20 issues even if some were shorter and some were longer your definitely getting your value and that's not even accounting for special sketches or other things one may receive so i would expect it to come it feeling about 15 issues again depending on the variation and how many "chapters" are released. I need more info before i subscribe though, as i've said diversity matters to me but race doesn't as much in work so like what i'm working on i won't address race at all because i live that and i need a break but the characters i'm making to everday people will look like them and give the illusion of diverse. But i'm more focus on people seeing themselves than trying to explain a culture.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I'm really sitting here wondering if it's coincidence or an inside Joke that Luke Cage infinity trial clear time for three stars is 420. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hey,... what volume of X-Men are we currently in? Is this volume 6 already?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Cold day in hell when I subscribe to anyone's unedited rambling on substack

I am seriously thinking of dropping my disney+ subscription as 1) i barely use it. and 2) I'm seriously starting to feel like Marvel/Disney think POC are poor and can't afford more than one product spaced out for them to go "all in on." I just can't in good conscious go end 2021 with another marvel so white and definitely not start 2022 that way. This isn't really in response to todays information but a culmination of things i have been feeling since the refusal to recast BP.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

You know i think i can finally put into words what absolutely bothers me about the big two and specifically when it comes to relaunches or building of something new. What bothers me it feels that POC are an afterthought in that they have no prominent place in the very foundation that creates these particular universes. Their place comes in to navigate through it but they are never part of being a building block when history goes to show otherwise is true, even if by force. I think that is what instinctively bothers me and i'm glad it really just hit me exactly what.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Look, a polar bear!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Speaking of polar bears. I wouldn't even know it was mystique if not for the name.

blackandwhite.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

It is honestly ridiculous to me that at this point there aren't more mature marvel shows on hulu right now. I get that disney is focused on disney plus but they are honestly throwing money in the trash by only having modok on hulu right now. I think Disney/Marvel are branding marvel too close to Disney and what it does and should be focusing more on marvel and what it can do to add the best results. I mean we all get what disney does but Marvel is running the very real chance of getting that "kiddie" reputation Nintendo got and though i am a diehard fan of Nintendo and disagree with the assessment no one can deny it's hard to come back from being labeled uncool or "kiddie". Marvel is sorely missing risks at this point and i'm not talking violent or what not but i am talking what Jessica Jones gave on Netflix and Luke Cage.
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-03-2021 at 06:14 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.