Page 286 of 326 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4884

Dang, that sounds cool as hell. Now I'm feeling nostgalia for something I never experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Dang, that sounds cool as hell. Now I'm feeling nostgalia for something I never experienced.
    It was a good time, no doubt about it.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

The marvel voices books create quite the conundrum if they don't turn into more individual series for some of the character featured. While it's great to see so many characters of color in one place one doesn't want it to become just that. It's like you want to support it because you want to show that characters of color sell but then on the flip by supporting it you could be helping to send the message that only these anthology style stories sell with characters of color and they can't occupy their own space.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oh **** I forgot Comunidades is out. Tbh most of these characters either have books, or will almost never be featured, so these books are the best they can get. I don't think they're used to isolate characters, but rather make them more visible.

That said, most of the stories are terrible. If I have to read another story where two characters of X group randomly meet and fight some random baddy while talking about a social issue relevant to the overarching theme of the book while sounding nothing like themselves, I'm going mental.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's like you want to support it because you want to show that characters of color sell but then on the flip by supporting it you could be helping to send the message that only these anthology style stories sell with characters of color and they can't occupy their own space.
    That really is frustrating. Reminds me that we kind of vote whenever we buy something. If you buy, say, toilet paper weaved from the hair of silverback gorillas you're voting for continuing an industry that relies on the exploitation of gorillas, just so we can wipe our butts. Makes you wonder if the trade off is really worth it.

Also makes me thankful that T.P isn't made from gorillas here in the real world.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

*sigh* Final Space was really good until season 3 with the episode. "you killed his parents?!?! YOU!!! Killed his parents?!?!" like really Gary, like really show, this much drama over what avocado did in the past and then they dragged it on from that episode on with out of pocket anger, reactions that made no sense. It was just a mess. I am literally only watching cause there is only a few episodes left now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Merry Christmas everyone!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Merry lated christmas and Premature happy New Year!
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I keep saying it but i am so ready for marvel ultimate alliance 4. I have offically collected everything on 3 now. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I remember the time of The Great Before. When X-Cresence was a den of off-color commentary and eternal thread drift. Where reputations were lost and found, where angels feared to tread. It is but a shell of its former self. Gone are the musings of Bethamphetamines, The Fury, Beast, Faded and Hi-Fi. I am left here alone to wander this barren wasteland.

My only hope is that the message board somehow gains sentience, blindly uniting us all once again with it's great light of freakishness.
    They say if you whisper the name 'Risque' in the moonlight, a fabled Faded might still appear.....

(I'm not Faded btw lol but I was around then and well remember the time you're talking about and those posters - I had to make a new profile since the board rebooted since the last time I was around, but yeah. We almost got this place shut down a time or two, whoops, lol. And let us not speak of the legendary X-Cres vs YABS wars.)

My dad surprised me with two new additions to the family. Meet Chico and Princess. They are amazing, stunning and talented, I love them so much.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Happy New Year you all. Wishing you all the very best and a year full of happiness, fun, good health and great X-books for us all.

MoS
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Happy New Year you all. Wishing you all the very best and a year full of happiness, fun, good health and great X-books for us all.

MoS
    Happy new year!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'