Page 293 of 327 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 4891

spoilers:
    The Nazarene mutant.
    end of spoilers okay gillien we going there. lines like that tell me no fear in a story. i'm ready whichever way it goes. let's go!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

You can really tell Amy comedic genuis and it's the same thing i say for Kenan. It's not only what they write, but they have perfected the "image" people connect to with the looks and faces and purposeful acting choices that may seem like "bad acting" but comes off extremely relatable. It's really not an easy thing to pull off and 90% of the actors tend to fail at it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

"mmmat! Why are you dumping out that champagne." lol i swear sometimes it feels like the world is full of Matts. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Lords of the Earth and Air i am FREEEEEEEEEEE! My comixology unlimited ended today and no more one click buy. No more reader that zooms in like someone at home took the images. No more limited settings where you can't even toggle between a one page spread to a two page. Comixology went from the best thing ever to not even worth the 15% discount. I'd rather pay full price for the enjoyment. Thank you for what you were but i'm going to have to say "bye felicia!"

The only part that sucks is one place to access other comics which means i will prob lean in to the MU itself more so good for some i guess. lol but not really great for like the random books i bought that i prob won't go look for, so that part sucks but they were hard to find now anyway on AMAZON KINDLE. Blah!
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Southern Mutants Forever! X-Peter's Avatar

Hi guys, no idea if there is a Q&A thread so I will just ask here.

I am returning to X-comics after reading old kiddie Spider-Man comics to my son this past few months.
    There is that itch that needs to be scratched, I want to know what is the current status of my favorite mutants.
    A little back story...
    Born in '87, read some random X-Men comics when I was young, watched and loved the animated series, the show ended so moved on with life, came back to comics around '09 during Necrosha, went as far back to Messiah Complex, followed all the team books (Matt Fraction, Mike Carey, Kyle & Yost, Zeb Wells [will follow the relaunch of ASM with my son], and PAD), Gen Hope was okay and still enjoyed it, Gillen's run was good, loved the Extinction Team, and even the Uncanny X-Force was okay.
    When Bendis and Aaron (with Bachalo on art) became the flagship writers, that's when I lost interest. The first Wolverine and the X-Men was passable. When BMB brought back the O5, I totally lost it.
    So my questions now...
    What is the flagship ongoing? Who are the main casts? I will follow maybe only 2 or 3 ongoings (flagship, Cyclops, Gambit, and/or Rogue).
    What is Cyclops doing now?
    And last but not the least, what's up with Gambit & Rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Peter View Post
    Hi guys, no idea if there is a Q&A thread so I will just ask here.

I am returning to X-comics after reading old kiddie Spider-Man comics to my son this past few months.
    There is that itch that needs to be scratched, I want to know what is the current status of my favorite mutants.
    A little back story...
    Born in '87, read some random X-Men comics when I was young, watched and loved the animated series, the show ended so moved on with life, came back to comics around '09 during Necrosha, went as far back to Messiah Complex, followed all the team books (Matt Fraction, Mike Carey, Kyle & Yost, Zeb Wells [will follow the relaunch of ASM with my son], and PAD), Gen Hope was okay and still enjoyed it, Gillen's run was good, loved the Extinction Team, and even the Uncanny X-Force was okay.
    When Bendis and Aaron (with Bachalo on art) became the flagship writers, that's when I lost interest. The first Wolverine and the X-Men was passable. When BMB brought back the O5, I totally lost it.
    So my questions now...
    What is the flagship ongoing? Who are the main casts? I will follow maybe only 2 or 3 ongoings (flagship, Cyclops, Gambit, and/or Rogue).
    What is Cyclops doing now?
    And last but not the least, what's up with Gambit & Rogue?
    You should start with Hickman’s House of X and Powers of X. That will get you situated and is an amazing story. After you check that out let us know and we will definitely have more suggestions.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You should start with Hickman’s House of X and Powers of X. That will get you situated and is an amazing story. After you check that out let us know and we will definitely have more suggestions.
    I did try that when I attempted to come back 2 years ago. Unfortunately, Hickman doesn't click with me.
    I read some summary of the characters on comicvine and Cyclops alone died multiple times already. Like dying is really a joke.
    Overall, how was his run?
    I guess I should probably follow the current X-Men run.
    In the first issue, Cyclops, Rogue, Jean, and Laura as the new Wolverine are there.

I did try that when I attempted to come back 2 years ago. Unfortunately, Hickman doesn't click with me.
    I read some summary of the characters on comicvine and Cyclops alone died multiple times already. Like dying is really a joke.
    Overall, how was his run?
    I guess I should probably follow the current X-Men run.
    In the first issue, Cyclops, Rogue, Jean, and Laura as the new Wolverine are there.
    I thought Hickman’s run was amazing personally. Also it’s kind of required reading if you want to jump in to the current stuff.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I thought Hickman’s run was amazing personally. Also it’s kind of required reading if you want to jump in to the current stuff.
    I feel like I'm the opposite of CBR readers. I like what the people hate here (Fraction run), and don't like what people loves here (Bendis, Aaron).
    We both like Gillen's run though.
    My only experience with Hickman before House/Powers of X was Secret Wars 2, which I really didn't like and hated the aftermath of what it did to the X-books.
    I preferred it when the X-Men wasn't that involved with the rest of Marvel heroes.

Anyway, thanks for your responses, I decided I will read the current X-Men ongoing and Immortal X-Men.
    Will also look forward to the Gambit mini and will read the ASM relaunch with my son.

I'm really not understanding these marvel subscriptions. i just logged on and it said my xmen red #1 already shipped and issue two is under shipments in process but i still haven't gotten issue 1 yet. but it's saying i only have 10 books to go on an 12 book subscription. Okay clicking further it said my xmen red 1 was processed 3/7.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-11-2022 at 04:38 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It's here! it's here! oh happy day off my x-men red is here!
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

A question, could I skip those white pages full of text?
    I've been skipping them but in X-Men 3, there is that page again but this time it has art and dialogue.
    It's even labeled telepathic conversation on the top left corner of the page.
    Are they relevant to the story?

Most of the white pages are mostly for world-building. Usually, the important stuff will be explained in-story. So you can skip them, but you'd be missing out on some of Krakoa's flavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I've been skipping them but in X-Men 3, there is that page again but this time it has art and dialogue.
    It's proably a good thing to read them since you already basically paid for them and there are some good insights and tibits in there. If your reading for pleasure only proably not but if you want to be informed when you talk about the issues i would say yes because sometimes there are real gems in there that add context.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The info dump pages can have interesting information (For example, in Inferno#1 it's talked about 16 attacks the X-Men tried against Orchis, the info dump pages detail what were the attempts), but it's not necessary to read them to understand the whole thing, since as already explained, the more important stuff is explained outside of 'em.

So yeah, they're basically optional, but they can still give information to understand the world better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then