Page 294 of 326 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 4888

Quote Originally Posted by X-Peter View Post
    A question, could I skip those white pages full of text?
    I've been skipping them but in X-Men 3, there is that page again but this time it has art and dialogue.
    It's even labeled telepathic conversation on the top left corner of the page.
    Are they relevant to the story?
    If you're referring to specifically X-Men you can probably skim them or skip them but the do contain some important info. If you choose to read HoX/PoX you can't skip them, I mean do as you please as I don't think it should be a chore to enjoy a comic but they are really necessary to follow along properly.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Southern Mutants Forever! X-Peter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Most of the white pages are mostly for world-building. Usually, the important stuff will be explained in-story. So you can skip them, but you'd be missing out on some of Krakoa's flavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's proably a good thing to read them since you already basically paid for them and there are some good insights and tibits in there. If your reading for pleasure only proably not but if you want to be informed when you talk about the issues i would say yes because sometimes there are real gems in there that add context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The info dump pages can have interesting information (For example, in Inferno#1 it's talked about 16 attacks the X-Men tried against Orchis, the info dump pages detail what were the attempts), but it's not necessary to read them to understand the whole thing, since as already explained, the more important stuff is explained outside of 'em.

So yeah, they're basically optional, but they can still give information to understand the world better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    If you're referring to specifically X-Men you can probably skim them or skip them but the do contain some important info. If you choose to read HoX/PoX you can't skip them, I mean do as you please as I don't think it should be a chore to enjoy a comic but they are really necessary to follow along properly.
    Thanks for responses guys!
    I read with my son so it's mostly for pleasure.
    We just jumped in to the current X-Men ongoing so I guess I won't be reading them.
    Initially they were just quotes by characters and ads by that space lawyer Murd so I thought they're just extra pages.
    Maybe when I read them again by myself I'll be reading those pages.

Well it's almost time to go in the ground and my apple trees I planted last week are already taking as are my berry bushes. Eeeeee!!!!

IMG_20220412_101144284.jpgIMG_20220412_101229661.jpgIMG_20220412_101243585.jpg
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-12-2022 at 07:19 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

One has to wonder what marvel and others will do when certain topics they want to discuss or stories they want to do start to fall subject to certain laws like in FL and other places. What happens when don't say gay becomes this material is illegal to have. Are they still going to rely on the shops to dictate material then too as well. Are comic companies going to allow their content and their creator content to be limited or are they going to get in front of it (like digital can help there too). Are creators going to have to deny themselves in interviews?

I mean just look how disney and others turn themselves inside out for that dollar in china while china supports Russia in secret as they bomb the ukraine. At what point are the companies just as guilty or more so. Just a random thought.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-13-2022 at 07:17 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Well it's almost time to go in the ground and my apple trees I planted last week are already taking as are my berry bushes. Eeeeee!!!!

IMG_20220412_101144284.jpgIMG_20220412_101229661.jpgIMG_20220412_101243585.jpg
    It’s looking good!

It’s looking good!
    Thank you, i really really appreciate it. It's a lot of work but i love it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Keep us updated, plants are cool
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

In the hospital right now because of a cancer scare. Luckily I should be fine, even if I have cancer. It's a kind that's easily treatable.

Hey guys, amazon comixology is having an Xmen Legacy sale. From Xavier to Rogue.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

In the hospital right now because of a cancer scare. Luckily I should be fine, even if I have cancer. It's a kind that's easily treatable.
    Glad to hear it's not life threatening. Hope your okay, will keep you in my prayers rift.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Glad to hear it's not life threatening. Hope your okay, will keep you in my prayers rift.
    Thank you, I appreciate it.

5 hours later and I'm out of the hospital. It's not cancer like first suspected. They're still not sure what's going on, I've had to run some more tests and they said that surgery might be necessary down the line. But I feel it's safe to say that I'm in the clear.

5 hours later and I'm out of the hospital. It's not cancer like first suspected. They're still not sure what's going on, I've had to run some more tests and they said that surgery might be necessary down the line. But I feel it's safe to say that I'm in the clear.
    Great News. Onward and upward for the year of Hellion awaits. hoorah
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Glad you’re in the clear.

Glad you’re in the clear.
    Thanks, fam. The only downside is that I don't have an excuse to take a break from remodeling the house.

Thanks, fam. The only downside is that I don't have an excuse to take a break from remodeling the house.
    It’s super easy to fake a back injury