Page 151 of 326 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4884

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    The end of season 1 through the end of the Shadow Wars is still some of the coolest storytelling. And even though the effects are dated, I love seeing the Whitestars battling out against Earthgov ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I cannot state how excellent this show is. Season one can be slow, but there are many little tidbits that become important later. Seasons 2 through 4 are incredible, although season 5 can seem listless (the writers thought they were cancelled, wrapped everything up in season 4, then got told after all this they had a season 5, so you had better make something).
    I think a large part of what made the show work was the chemistry between the actors. That is a huge part of what made both Star Wars and Star Trek such good viewing.
    The writers should have done something far more sensible than that tragedy of telepaths. Once we're past that and the show ends Londo's descent and starts winding down, playing off all the relationships that have been built over the past 4 1/2 years, season 5 starts to finally shine.

Also... The White Stars, Shadow vessels, and Vorlon transports rank among my top 5 sci-fi ships EVER!
    Last edited by nx01a; 06-24-2015 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm partial to this 'verbal spanking' scene myself...

Dark does not mean deep.

Delenn! Delenn is a bad woman! Remember 'Lines of Communication' where she orders the White Stars BACK to take out the Drakh that just smacked them around?! Bad ass!

Also... The best battle in ALL of B5...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I cannot state how excellent this show is. Season one can be slow, but there are many little tidbits that become important later. Seasons 2 through 4 are incredible, although season 5 can seem listless (the writers thought they were cancelled, wrapped everything up in season 4, then got told after all this they had a season 5, so you had better make something).

I think a large part of what made the show work was the chemistry between the actors. That is a huge part of what made both Star Wars and Star Trek such good viewing.
    Yeah, they got so screwed with the scheduling plus I remember them getting kicked between other networks at the time. It's a miracle they made it as far as they did with the quality that they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The writers should have done something far more sensible than that tragedy of telepaths. Once we're past that and the show ends Londo's descent and starts winding down, playing off all the relationships that have been built over the past 4 1/2 years, season 5 starts to finally shine.

Also... The White Stars, Shadow vessels, and Vorlon transports rank among my top 5 sci-fi ships EVER!
    First, Ivonava's speech is still one of the most bad ass moments ever followed by one of the most tragic scenes.
    "Is this God? I mean he really did have an English accent like in all those old movies."
    If you're not crying at the end of that scene then you have no soul.

Also my favorite episode in Season 5 is still the janitor one. They finally reveal that no one knows what that futuristic hoover does.
    I'm partial to this 'verbal spanking' scene myself...
    Ugh if only I could steal her away from Sheridan.
    This was how I felt watching that scene. Delenn totally dropped the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Delenn! Delenn is a bad woman! Remember 'Lines of Communication' where she orders the White Stars BACK to take out the Drakh that just smacked them around?! Bad ass!
    How about the last episode of season 4 when an old Delenn comes on to a TV event to lay a wordy smack down to those 'historians' questioning the legacy of Babylon 5? She was like "Let me drop some wisdom on ya" Well not really but that's how it goes sometimes in my head cannon.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

I'm happy to be in another city.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Must be a record. A brand new member posted about 200 in just a bit more than a week. My gosh
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Ass-Force upgraded to ongoing. Contain thyself.

BANNED

The internet is so slow.

BANNED

If it's ok with you guys, can you favorite and retweet my tweet please? https://twitter.com/RoucherMunroe/st...18770736451584

I'm getting old. Some kids were talking about 90's music as stuff their parents listened to.

What's next? Save by the Bell on Nick at Night?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Better late then never....

article-frontpage-june-27-0625.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Better late then never....

article-frontpage-june-27-0625.jpg
    Good for them.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

It's been legal in Canada since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    It's been legal in Canada since 2005.
    I think the 1st were The Netherlands. But like I said, better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think the 1st were The Netherlands. But like I said, better late than never.
    It was legal in about 2/3 of the US on Thursday, and should be legal in 49 states in a few weeks (Alabama has claimed it will stop issuing all marriage licences over the decision). Even my fairly conservative state of Nevada seemed more upset over the potential lost business (Las Vegas - quickie marriage capital of the US, maybe the world) than by the decision itself.
    Dark does not mean deep.