Page 98 of 326 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 4884

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Color you a prequel disliker. Pretty much 95% of the Star wars fans and non-fans are. That's why everyone is offered to stick with the Orig Trig such as New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.

JJ though...meh. I can see that. Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness were a love or hate it thing.
    Yeah, there were just too many plotholes in the JJ Star Trek films for my liking.

Also, you have a rad avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Better JJ than Lucas TBH

Though Im ashamed to say I really liked Revenge of the Sith
    That's okay. We all make mistakes sometimes. I liked the Daredevil movie when it first came out *ducks*.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
    RotS is easily the best of the prequels and a good movie in its own right. It's brilliant because it shows how so many of Anakin's experiences that led to his eventual conversion also occurred to Luke. Watching RotJ alone is amazing but watching RotS/RotJ as companion movies makes them just feed off each other.

-Young Jedi fights Sith apprentice in front of Sidious while space battle rages outside.
    -Jedi repays an earlier defeat to said apprentice by cutting off the Site's hand, something both Skywalkers suffered in kind.
    -After dis"arming" the opponent, Sidious tries to get the Jedi to murder the Sith
    -But, and this is where history repeating itself STOP the cycle from fully repeating. Anakin acts against his better judgement and beheads Tyrannus at the request of Sidious. But when Sidious asks Luke to kill Vader, Luke notices Vaders severed hand has circuits and wiring coming out of it. He then looks at his own mechanical hand and fully realizes the actions he's taking are leading him down the path to the dark side. He stands up, pitches his weapon to the side and defies Sidious stating

"I'll never turn to the dark side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

The entire throne room sequence is what imo makes RotJ the greatest no matter anyone's hate for the Ewoks. And RotS just strengthens that scene more
    They should've just made one prequel movie. Attach all the necessary beats from the Phantom Menace and Clone Wars to the very beginning of RotS. That would've been better IMHO.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 03-26-2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety Lad View Post

Yeah, there were just too many plotholes in the JJ Star Trek films for my liking.

Also, you have a rad avatar.

That's okay. We all make mistakes sometimes. I liked the Daredevil movie when it first came out *ducks*.

They should've just made one prequel movie. Attach all the necessary beats from the Phantom Menace and Clone Wars to the very beginning of RotS. That would've been better IMHO.
    -Thanks.

-I liked Daredevil and still like RotS.

-No offense but that feels too much like ASM2. Too much to cover in the span of 1 movie. Plus we can't go from 4-6, then 1 movie which is supposed to be 1-3.

-Thanks.

-I liked Daredevil and still like RotS.

-No offense but that feels too much like ASM2. Too much to cover in the span of 1 movie. Plus we can't go from 4-6, then 1 movie which is supposed to be 1-3.
    Plus 1+2 were bad for different reasons. 1 had no focus. 2 was submarined by Hayden's terrible acting. I didn't mind the large scale political plot and schemes of Sidious. It was whiny Ani that made me want to gouge my eyes out
    Last edited by AgentFelix; 03-26-2015 at 01:35 PM.
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

No offense but that feels too much like ASM2. Too much to cover in the span of 1 movie. Plus we can't go from 4-6, then 1 movie which is supposed to be 1-3.
    Ah, yeah. I didn't consider that. Good point!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

This person's enthusiasm is freakin' infectious! Now I'm keen for half these books too. Secret Wars is gonna lead to my bankruptcy for sure.

BANNED

I'm feeling better now.

I'm still apprehensive about the X-Universe post SW, but interested in other stuff. ANAD Avengers seems oddly....young
    X-Poster of the Month: April 2013

I'm still apprehensive about the X-Universe post SW, but interested in other stuff. ANAD Avengers seems oddly....young
    I'm cautiously optimistic. Time will tell I guess.

Part of me gives zero fucks what happens post SW because i know my faves will be reduced to cosmic dust....

*Pours some out for the New X-Men*
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

My true journey has begun.

I have put in orders for MMW Claremont X-men 1, New Mutants vol 1 Back to school, and next week or so I shall obtain New Mutants classic vol 1 and maybe 2.

The Claremont Crusade has begun.

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

Part of me gives zero fucks what happens post SW because i know my faves will be reduced to cosmic dust....

*Pours some out for the New X-Men*
    My head has been out of the X game for months now

Plus 1+2 were bad for different reasons. 1 had no focus. 2 was submarined by Hayden's terrible acting. I didn't mind the large scale political plot and schemes of Sidious. It was whiny Ani that made me want to gouge my eyes out
    I actually really like Episode 2 but it definitely would have been better with a better actor for Ani.

That is so right.

BANNED

Hello X-men fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    That is so right.
    Indeed!

Plus check out the new IDW Godzilla series

I NEED a Bat out of Hell variant cover
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.