Page 236 of 326 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4884
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'll skim through the episodes if there's a scene of Superman naked in a tub bucket.
    I only got two episodes in before quitting but Gerald showed some side boob.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I really liked Star Wars at one time. I think I hate it now. Bunch of toothless cowards kowtowing to nostalgia obsessed racists and misogynists.
    But what about those cute aliens they make to sell toys? owo

BANNED

I hope Martin Scorcese writes about Star Wars review.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Me, watching the fanbases of other western blockbuster franchises deal with mediocre pandering major installments or their series' progenitors being TERFs, safe in the knowledge that by simping for a multi-media comics empire, the quality of any specific product or the actions of any specific individual pose no true or major risk to the relationship between my ethical code, my storytelling standards, and the capitalist gestalt, despite quibbles between the three.

Google Translate says: Star Wars has no cultural value, J.K. Rowling is a transphobe, and the X-men are still good.
    too bad they're presented to us by the bloodsucking capitalists trying to homogenize the entertainment industry I miss when I was young and consuming media had little to no moral component

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    too bad they're presented to us by the bloodsucking capitalists trying to homogenize the entertainment industry I miss when I was young and consuming media had little to no moral component
    I was in fourth grade when Batman TAS released "Heart of Ice" and showed that a bad guy could acutally be RIGHT, and justified in his actions despite their illegality. And then X-men put out "Slave Island" their Genosha arc, and blew my little brain apart. Human slavery! Holy ****!

It is a real shame that kids don't get any challenging content anymore outside of netflix cartoons, which are beautiful but super niche.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I really liked Star Wars at one time. I think I hate it now. Bunch of toothless cowards kowtowing to nostalgia obsessed racists and misogynists.
    This. ESB was probably the first bit of pop culture I obsessed over. The return of the Jedi came out with it's stupid sarlaac pit and dumb teddy bears and I was like Fuuuckk this ****.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    You want to really hit the bloodsuckers where it matters? **** your streaming content subscription and destroy your Facebook account.

BANNED

The Last Jedi is a rare piece of genuine art though. Imagine a Marvel Studios movie openly questioning its heroes’ intentions.

(The biggest development in movies in the 2010s is that Kevin Feige ruined movies)

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The Last Jedi is a rare piece of genuine art though. Imagine a Marvel Studios movie openly questioning its heroes’ intentions.

(The biggest development in movies in the 2010s is that Kevin Feige ruined movies)
    TLJ and No Country for Old Men are my two favorite movies of the 21st century. I have an amateur interest in zen philosophy and deconstructionism, so seeing Rian Johnson turn a star wars movie into a meditation on personal failure and learning to live with grief and PTSD, was very moving. It really bothered me that the default reaction was to attack Luke for being a coward instead of empathizing with how much he'd suffered, and understanding why he'd want to be left alone.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

TLJ and No Country for Old Men are my two favorite movies of the 21st century. I have an amateur interest in zen philosophy and deconstructionism, so seeing Rian Johnson turn a star wars movie into a meditation on personal failure and learning to live with grief and PTSD, was very moving. It really bothered me that the default reaction was to attack Luke for being a coward instead of empathizing with how much he'd suffered, and understanding why he'd want to be left alone.
    Someone pointed on twitter that last jedi and force awakens had the same score on cinemascore: A.
    Outside of some people online, majority liked it.
    Rian Johnson made a very thoughtful movie and went against fan expectations

BANNED

I can’t tell if my cat is gay. I know she likes Marlene Dietrich but that’s not definite proof.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I mean, the recent movies are one thing, but no one here is a fan of the Mandalorian? I think every fandom has it's ups and down, but to each their own.

At least the X-men are doing well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    At least the X-men are doing well.
    Dark Phoenix was released this year (shocking I know)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I can’t tell if my cat is gay. I know she likes Marlene Dietrich but that’s not definite proof.
    Does your cat like Cats?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I assembled two bookshelves today. I feel so butch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Does your cat like Cats?
    She hasn’t seen it yet.

I watched Now and Then (1995) tonight and the limousine driver at the end is reading an X-Force comic.