Page 326 of 326 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326
Results 4,876 to 4,884 of 4884

Aww, so cute! And so patient to wear a hat.

It's been snowing here, non-stop, since Wednesday afternoon.

20240405_085846.jpg

K. doesn't even want to roll in it, at this point.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

If I get superpowers during the eclipse I promise to only use them for evil and self gain.

Shower thought: X-Men TAS didn't feature Kitty Pryde, but there was a Cyclops-focused episode where the villains were Solarr, Toad, and a guy named Chet whose power was that he could become intangible. Apparently his last name was Lambert.

Chet Lambert. Chat de l'ombre. 'Shadowcat'? ;-)
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Shower thought: X-Men TAS didn't feature Kitty Pryde, but there was a Cyclops-focused episode where the villains were Solarr, Toad, and a guy named Chet whose power was that he could become intangible. Apparently his last name was Lambert.

Are you doing a rewatch? Because I am, just got to Season 2.

I think we'll eventually get Kitty in 97, it seems odd that she's apparently off-limits. But she'll have to fill a new role, since Jubilee got her original one. Maybe already an Excalibur veteran?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Are you doing a rewatch? Because I am, just got to Season 2.

I think we'll eventually get Kitty in 97, it seems odd that she's apparently off-limits. But she'll have to fill a new role, since Jubilee got her original one. Maybe already an Excalibur veteran?
    I wasn't yet, but I was planning on doing a (partial) re-watch of season 1 tomorrow, and then go on from there. The new show just has me going down the rabbit hole of watching old TAS scenes on Youtube. (Was remembering that Cyclops episode specifically because it featured Tusk from the Dark Riders as a friendly car mechanic. =))

And would be real nice if they used Kitty in '97. Plenty of stuff they could do with her.

I hope Kitty makes an appearance, she deserves to. I would make a big "squee" sound if they included Lockheed too!

My wife and I watched the entirety of the original X-Men animated series prior to X-Men '97 and I'm really glad we did. I never saw all of the episodes back in the day and I'd forgotten a fair bit about the ones I had seen. However, in my defense, it'd been 27 years since it aired.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post

I hadn't made that connection yet, but when I saw it the first time I thought it odd that Lambert DIDN'T have a codename. He's teamed with Solarr and Toad... and we KNOW Solarr's real name even: Bill Braddock. So it felt odd that Chet's not got a codename.. hmm... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I hope Kitty makes an appearance, she deserves to. I would make a big "squee" sound if they included Lockheed too!

My wife and I watched the entirety of the original X-Men animated series prior to X-Men '97 and I'm really glad we did. I never saw all of the episodes back in the day and I'd forgotten a fair bit about the ones I had seen. However, in my defense, it'd been 27 years since it aired.
    I got a dvd set a while back for this very reason. I picked up so many things seeing it fresh again with a deeper understanding of the comics. As a kid most of the cameos I didn't understand because I had no idea who they were, and the sheer number is amazing.

I've been maxing out on X-Men stuff lately, between watching X-Men 97, re-reading old comics and trying to keep up with the current ones a little; it's nice to see a couple familiar faces here on the X-Board (plus a lot of new ones).