Page 7 of 326 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Remender is good when he doesn't try to do depth. I liked his UXF and Doctor Voodoo.

Everything after the Dark Angel Saga in Uncanny X-Force was bleh.
    On ye olde CBR

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

My fave DC character is probably Dick Grayson. Then the other Robins. Then Superman. Then some Titans characters. And Krypto.

And aaaaaaaaaallllll the way at the bottom of the list is Bruce

Astonishing Member

My favorite DC character is Batman (the real one)...favorite Robin is Tim Drake (never cared much for Dick Grayson, Jason Todd except when he dead, or Damian)...I love most of the other bat-family (Babs as Oracle, Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown as Batgirl)...I love the JSA, Teen Titans, and Adam Strange...but I don't care for any of the nu52 changes or new versions of the characters.

I wish Remender would leave Marvel and just do independent work...it's SO much better.

Spectacular Member Lycaon pictus's Avatar

I guess Tim is my favorite Robin, only because I associate Dick with his Nightwing persona more than Robin.
    Bat-family stories are great...except for Bruce.

Agree about much of the nu52 changes, especially what's happened to the Titans.

All-New Member

Huh probably the only one here that like most of remender's stuff. (except frankcastle seriously wtf )

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by doc View Post
    Huh probably the only one here that like most of remender's stuff. (except frankcastle seriously wtf )
    Frankencastle was goofy but it's the only thing he's done at Marvel that I didn't HATE.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Luuuuccy i'm home!

Let's see how long this lasts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaon pictus View Post
    My fave DC character is probably Dick Grayson. Then the other Robins. Then Superman. Then some Titans characters. And Krypto.

And aaaaaaaaaallllll the way at the bottom of the list is Bruce
    Grayson is the best book currently. At least for me it is.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    Really loving Maxima's new 52 design!
    That's Jean Grey and DC knows it!
    Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    I loved that character until they messed her up in Manhunter (a book I otherwise loved)...but I have zero interest in Nu52...Flashpoint was just a good time to drop all DC titles for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    That's how I felt about One Year Later, a perfect dropping off point.
    Those Manhunter issues were great but it did feel like Chase was just added to the cast. Didn't feel like the same character. Probably because she wasn't meant to be a supporting character.
    Was Chase sleeping with Mahunter's tech guy? I thought they were cute together.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    That's Jean Grey and DC knows it!
    Actually, Maxima was using that color scheme even when Jean wasn't...plus, she's more of the Amazonian type...can't comment on the Nu52 version cuz I don't know or care.

Was Chase sleeping with Mahunter's tech guy? I thought they were cute together.
    The tech guy was a douche...and was proud of being a douche...not exactly a catch...and that's pretty much all she did in that book...it was horrible...especially after the OYL gap when they suddenly had a kid together. Otherwise, that series was great (until the amazingly crappy finale)

Quote Originally Posted by grinningdemon View Post
    Actually, Maxima was using that color scheme even when Jean wasn't...plus, she's more of the Amazonian type...can't comment on the Nu52 version cuz I don't know or care.
    The tech guy was a douche...and was proud of being a douche...not exactly a catch...and that's pretty much all she did in that book...it was horrible...especially after the OYL gap when they suddenly had a kid together. Otherwise, that series was great (until the amazingly crappy finale)
    Maxima: redhead, gorgeous, massive psychic powers, wears lots of green and yellow, involved in a love triangle for the heart/body of a boy scout leader... It can't be one coincidence after the other here.

Manhunter... I read tech guy as a douche with a heart of gold and some uncanny ability to get otherwise sensible women to repeatedly sleep with him. I think his relationship with Chase made him better. As for the finale set in the future... It wasn't horrible but was that when the Sweeney Todd crap happened? Ugh.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Grayson is the best book currently. At least for me it is.
    It stole Mikel Janin, DC's best artist IMHO, from JLDark. Boo!

Astonishing Member

Maxima: redhead, gorgeous, massive psychic powers, wears lots of green and yellow, involved in a love triangle for the heart/body of a boy scout leader... It can't be one coincidence after the other here.
    I thought her powers were magnetic...not telepathic...and it wasn't really a love triangle because Superman was never interested in her...it was all one sided...and she had a warrior type personality that couldn't be more different from Jean.

Manhunter... I read tech guy as a douche with a heart of gold and some uncanny ability to get otherwise sensible women to repeatedly sleep with him. I think his relationship with Chase made him better. As for the finale set in the future... It wasn't horrible but was that when the Sweeney Todd crap happened? Ugh.
    I didn't see the heart of gold...just the douche...he had absolutely no moral dilemma working for the worst villains and abandoned his family without a second thought...all that storyline did was make Chase look stupid...and we'll have to agree to disagree on the future finale because I thought it was awful.

Astonishing Member

It stole Mikel Janin, DC's best artist IMHO, from JLDark. Boo!
    JLDark stopped being good after Milligan's short run.