Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-Men '97 Episode 5 - Remember It Thread

X-Men '97 (2024)
    As Genosha prepares to join the UN, select members of the team head to the island nation to be honorees. Back at the mansion, a behind-the-scenes press event risks airing the X-Men's dirty laundry.

I didnt see one for it, so here it goes and a recap largely based off memory

Rogue, Gambit and magneto are going to Genosha as it recently got accepted into the UN. They arrive and are greeted by the mutant population and Madelyne who now lives there.

Trish Tilby is at the mansion interviewing members about the school. She talks to Beast and later Cyclops. She catches him in a lie when he says he has no children but she saw the hospital records and talked to the staff about Nathan's birth. He loses it bc the doctor didnt want to deliver Jean's baby

Jean is at the lake ting to sort through her memories before Wolverine comes and mentions how she is unsure which are hers. She recounts the moment when she first saw Scotts eyes when the Phoenix power allowed her to hold his blasts back. She ends up kissing Logan siimilar to the Morrison run and he turns her down bc she belongs with Scott

Later she nad scott are alone in their bedroom and shar a moment. She notices Madelyne in his head and realizes he still shares a psychic rapport with her. She feels betrayed and lashes out. He reveals he's been checking in on her for the past month. Jean questions if he still loves her and he says he loves them both. He claps back and asks if she lvoes him or if he's just a memory

Council exists consisting of Emma, Sebastian Shaw, Callisto, Banshee and Moira. They want Magneto to lead Genosha. He later tells Rogue that he will only do it if she leads with him. Later that evening she tells Gambit aout their history. Her mother brought her to Magneto years ago when she was having trouble with her powers. They got close, realized that they could touch and had a brief relationship.

At the mutant gala more cameos. Magneto and Rogue share a dance in the air and end up kissing. Maddie has a talk with Gambit and her nose later starts to bleed. Cable rushes in and warns them that someone is coming. He reunites with Maddie briefly e whom recognizes him before bodysliding out of there.

There is a sentinel attack that decimates the mutants. Banshee and Marrow are seemingly killed. . Dazzler, Squidboy, Callisto all look seemingly dead. The rest of the Morlocks are alive beneath the tunnels. as a sentinel is about to kill them, Gambit destroys it. The final section is wild with the action. Gambit is later stabbed by a sentinel and before he dies he charges up the tube that impaled him and blows himself and the sentinel up

The Xmen watch a report on the attack from home. Nightcrawler, Pixie, Glob are confirmed to be alive. Rogue cries over Gambit's body and thats how it ends

The end music is very somber to reflect the Genosha massacre

The intro reused alot of shots from past intros, especially the Phoenix ones. i do recall a new shot involving Nightcrawler
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-10-2024 at 06:54 AM.

the best of the series so far, I must admit

im sorry this was so good but my only nitpick that im gonna have for this series is that some of these episodes could have been 2 parters.

I feel like they are combining a lot of storylines in creative ways BUT its too much too rushed.

I did love this episode though.

Someone correct me if im wrong but we got the Mutant massacre, Genosha attack and the psychic affair all in this one episode?
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-10-2024 at 06:52 AM.

Fantastic Member

Boy that escalated QUICK I thought they were going to wait til the season finale to do this but I guess not...................

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I’m speechless! I thought this was going to be the season finale but boy it happened already. But I can’t complain because this time I think it didn’t feel that rushed.

The drama on Genosha! The psychic affair, the Gala, the council! So much!

The feels! God I love Gambit so much. He’s the best!

Also, we neeeeed more Emma. She’s perfect already.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    im sorry this was so good but my only nitpick that im gonna have for this series is that some of these episodes could have been 2 parters.

I feel like they are combining a lot of storylines in creative ways BUT its too much too rushed.

I did love this episode though.

Someone correct me if im wrong but we got the Mutant massacre, Genosha attack and the psychic affair all in this one episode?
    You have a mix of Inferno with the Hellfire Club approaching Magneto to lead with E is for Extinction and Mutant Massacre (Morlocks) but no direct involvement of Sinister, Krakoa and the psychic affair with his legal wife. So it's a bit messy but technically hints of it but not the actual stories.
    No Nimrod yet either.

This whole episode was basically an adaptation of parts of Morrison's run

Jean kissing Logan
    Scott's secret psychic checkins with Maddie (not quit the psychic affair with Emma)
    The mansion expose as a mutant school parallels it being outed as such
    The Genosha sentinel attack

I dont know what the hell they are thinking with Jean but she did not look good here and im disappointed since Demayo is allegedly a fan of hers. He made her and Rogue look very bad. Two women cheating and disrespecting their partners in one episode. Rogue had some nerve to do that mess in public in front of Remy and Jean was a big hypocrite. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Kind of ironic considering thats what Disney figuratively did to him

Okay, so we got 2000's kids and E for Extinction. Maybe we can have Hellion cameo, only he lost his hands during the attack? It would be a good way to adapt his story.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Jean kissing Logan
    Scott's secret psychic checkins with Maddie (not quit the psychic affair with Emma)

I dont know what the hell they are thinking with Jean but she did not look good here and im disappointed since Demayo is allegedly a fan of hers. He made her and Rogue look very bad. Two women cheating and disrespecting their partners in one episode. Rogue had some nerve to do that mess in public in front of Remy and Jean was a big hypocrite. Yikes!
    The mini Sentinels with the nose bleeds when CN attacks the mansion and Jean falling over.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Jean kissing Logan

Kind of ironic considering thats what Disney figuratively did to him
    Yeah I agree. I do like that they're doing maddy/jean/cyke instead of Emma as it makes sense in this case. But Jean comes off looking bad especially after the Logan kiss

Maybe I should stop talking **** about X-member Berries.

A series that initiates a major event by killing Magneto and Gambit instead of Pixie and Glob is already doing things better than the comics.
    (too bad for Squid Boy, though)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I think this is going to bleed into Krakoa in the what they just set up with a council.... and also a way to bring back dead mutants after this Genosha attack. I wonder if they'll end up on Krakoa or just bringing in resurrection protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Maybe I should stop talking **** about X-member Berries.

A series that initiates a major event by killing Magneto and Gambit instead of Pixie and Glob is already doing things better than the comics.
    (too bad for Squid Boy, though)
    Magneto died? Did I miss something?

Mighty Member

We all knew Genosha was coming, but I personally thought it'd be the season finale.

Now lessee where this goes.

Maddie realizing Cable's identity had no business being that sweet. Hope she survived the massacre. I've always had a soft spot for Maddie in the comics-- if only because I felt writers kept giving her a raw deal instead of letting her character breathe. I'm a sucker for clone / existential crises stories, alright?

The rehash of Morrison's run though... yeah, Jean didn't come out of this unscathed, even referring to Maddie as "it". Sheesh, the writers didn't hold back on the drama.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie