Page 167 of 326 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 4884
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Just got some great news;

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!
    Congrats MoS!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Storm writing books in Modern Cairo:
    http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...-liberated-not
    Loving the article. Thank you for sharing.

BANNED

Jessica jones time! The comments say that purple man is one heck of a villain

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    What's truly sad about Londo is that he allows others to achieve great [and horrible] things but he himself achieves little to nothing while damning himself and his people. Destroying the Shadow vessels? Not necessary since Sheridan's plan called away the Vorlon planet killer at the last minute, but it makes the Drakh decide to set up shop on Centauri Prime for their insolence to the Shadows. Londo ends up screwed no matter what he does.
    Londo's journey is hard to follow, especially when Vir early on wants to 'save him' from getting in deeper and deeper into Mordens' schemes, but Londo just knows that there's no escaping what is to come and the only way forward for him is to go deeper and deeper into hell. :/

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    The Beecher/Keller/Schillinger("Schilling - ur", not "Schillin - jur") triangle is probably one of the greatest character arcs I've ever watched. OZ, B5, West Wing, and Farscape are all shows that I've watched the complete series so many times that I've actually lost count.

Beecher and Keller are one of my top three otp's. Even though the relationship was poison for Beecher and I loved it when he became independent from Keller, from time to time, I always kept rooting for those two.

I think Londo's major tragedy was the fact that right when he was on his way to redemption and actually contributing to something great for his people and more; all of that then gets taken away and he's no longer able to do good. Well until the day he was fated to die that is.

Luckily Vir was always by his side so he was there to pick up the pieces and hopefully do what Londo couldn't.
    Lol, you guys make me want to rewatch the show from season 2 again.

Me and the bestie were just about to start watching In the beginning and season 5 a few weeks back, when he suddenly had to go to Denmark to deal with some stuff but now he's back and it's time for B5, movies, drinks and a lot of PC co-op gaming again. Season 4 is awesome, but it's hard seeing Garibaldi act the way he does (even though we both knew why he was doing some of the things he was doing), both of us kept saying 'what an *******!' more often than not at the end of season 4, lol. My best friend finds it highly amusing that I don't want to read some of the canon novels because they are written by you-know-who and the fact that I have a personal beef with the author, but I guess that for my love of B5 I'll just have to swallow my pride and read them. sigh

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!
    Congrats!

Everyone needs to go watch Jessica Jones.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Daredevil was too dark for me so a show about PTSD after mind control and sexual exploitation? Nah. Gotta pass on this. I'll watch The Defenders, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Daredevil was too dark for me so a show about PTSD after mind control and sexual exploitation? Nah. Gotta pass on this. I'll watch The Defenders, though.
    Dark is fine by me, and I like detective drama a lot. Feels like law and order SVU set in the MCU

I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!
    YAY! What job is it?

Doctor Who! This last episode made me so happy!
    spoilers:
    Good riddance to bad Clara! Next companion!
    end of spoilers
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Londo's journey is hard to follow, especially when Vir early on wants to 'save him' from getting in deeper and deeper into Mordens' schemes, but Londo just knows that there's no escaping what is to come and the only way forward for him is to go deeper and deeper into hell. :/
    Yeah the scene where he's watching the bombardment was like, how do you come back from this?
    Beecher and Keller are one of my top three otp's. Even though the relationship was poison for Beecher and I loved it when he became independent from Keller, from time to time, I always kept rooting for those two.
    Same here. Hmmm, I think I'm going to spend my Sunday having a nice Oz marathon.

Me and the bestie were just about to start watching In the beginning and season 5 a few weeks back, when he suddenly had to go to Denmark to deal with some stuff but now he's back and it's time for B5, movies, drinks and a lot of PC co-op gaming again. Season 4 is awesome, but it's hard seeing Garibaldi act the way he does (even though we both knew why he was doing some of the things he was doing), both of us kept saying 'what an *******!' more often than not at the end of season 4, lol.
    Oh man, mind scrubbed Garibaldi is the most painful thing to watch on B5. I rather watch season one over and over again then watch the episode where the news crew does their propaganda piece and Garibaldi just throws everyone under the bus. That episode is super frustrating.

My best friend finds it highly amusing that I don't want to read some of the canon novels because they are written by you-know-who and the fact that I have a personal beef with the author, but I guess that for my love of B5 I'll just have to swallow my pride and read them. sigh
    Funnily enough, I never even thought about reading the novels till now. I just might hunt them down.

By the way, what author are you talking about?
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

LOL, how cold....I actually shed a tear or two at 'that scene/monolgue' on Doctor Who. Now bring back Melody Pond as a companion and give Missy a spin-off and I'll be a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Yeah the scene where he's watching the bombardment was like, how do you come back from this?

Same here. Hmmm, I think I'm going to spend my Sunday having a nice Oz marathon.

Oh man, mind scrubbed Garibaldi is the most painful thing to watch on B5. I rather watch season one over and over again then watch the episode where the news crew does their propaganda piece and Garibaldi just throws everyone under the bus. That episode is super frustrating.

Funnily enough, I never even thought about reading the novels till now. I just might hunt them down.

By the way, what author are you talking about?
    I love how he admitted to Vir that he was jealous of him and the fact that he had his optimism intact, despite everything that was going on. I find that it's impossible to choose between Londo and G'Kar - their journey's are equally strong and equally diametrical.

My worst Garibaldi moment was when he set up Sheridan in the bar, oh man me and the bestie were totally wasted at that point and our rantings were epic! Although I have kinda forgotten Garibaldi's road back to everybody's good grace in season 5.

And even if he was evil incarnet and deserved what he got, I'll always have a crush for Mr. Morden, lolz.

Yes, you should have an Oz marathon, nothing - nothing - beats CrazyBeecher from season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    LOL, how cold....I actually shed a tear or two at 'that scene/monolgue' on Doctor Who. Now bring back Melody Pond as a companion and give Missy a spin-off and I'll be a happy camper.

I love how he admitted to Vir that he was jealous of him and the fact that he had his optimism intact, despite everything that was going on. I find that it's impossible to choose between Londo and G'Kar - their journey's are equally strong and equally diametrical.

My worst Garibaldi moment was when he set up Sheridan in the bar, oh man me and the bestie were totally wasted at that point and our rantings were epic! Although I have kinda forgotten Garibaldi's road back to everybody's good grace in season 5.

And even if he was evil incarnet and deserved what he got, I'll always have a crush for Mr. Morden, lolz.

Yes, you should have an Oz marathon, nothing - nothing - beats CrazyBeecher from season 1.
    I have a friend who looks like a read headed version of Morden. His voice even sounds similar. Thankfully he's not as grimy as that guy.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

No lie: I was tempted to skip 'that scene' and go right to that character's final scene. The only thing that kept me watching was the RAGE of a Time Lord! Capaldi is marvelous! After a spectacular 7 episodes, I was disappointed with the Zygon 2-parter, and I thought that 'Sleep No More' was one of the worst New Who episodes period. 'Face The Raven' was nothing short of brilliant, enhanced greatly by what finally happened to that character.

Missy and the Doctor being forced to have a season long alliance would be GOLDEN!!! No silly 21st C humans, no need to have so many things happen on Earth/involve silly humans. Wow me with the true possibilities of ALL of time and space.

Morden was a perfect embodiment of the Shadows and their philosophy: smarmy, saying just what you want to hear, doing all the heavy lifting for you while you damn yourself and fall into their trap and destroy yourself... It helps that Ed Wasser's a looker. And, I admit, the Shadows are sexy as Hell, too.

I genuinely wish I could find a high quality CGI model of the true Vorlon energy form.

Vir seems to be the only person who came out of Babylon 5 better for the experience. He was happy and enjoyed his women and drink and song and power finally. He deserved it. Seeing how Londo got screwed over/screwed himself over, I'd be sad if Vir turned out the same way or worse... like Lennier.

Watching how Bester screwed Garibaldi over was truly painful in S4, then to see how it continues in S5 leading to his alcohol relapse? Damn. I lost so much respect for my Babylon 5 Jean Grey stand-in, Lyta, when she blackmailed Garibaldi by keeping the 'don't hurt Bester' mental block in his head.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-22-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Fan-made solicits time again!
    Age of Marvels and DC New Dawn ready for you to read and pick your favourites! Some great X-Men stuff is in there, even two from myself [shameless plug].

Morden was a perfect embodiment of the Shadows and their philosophy: smarmy, saying just what you want to hear, doing all the heavy lifting for you while you damn yourself and fall into their trap and destroy yourself... It helps that Ed Wasser's a looker. And, I admit, the Shadows are sexy as Hell, too.

I genuinely wish I could find a high quality CGI model of the true Vorlon energy form.
    Best I could find.

Vir seems to be the only person who came out of Babylon 5 better for the experience. He was happy and enjoyed his women and drink and song and power finally. He deserved it. Seeing how Londo got screwed over/screwed himself over, I'd be sad if Vir turned out the same way or worse... like Lennier.
    Oh man Lennier. I can't believe I forgot about him. Reminds me of when he confessed to Marcus his feelings about Delenn.
    Watching how Bester screwed Garibaldi over was truly painful in S4, then to see how it continues in S5 leading to his alcohol relapse? Damn. I lost so much respect for my Babylon 5 Jean Grey stand-in, Lyta, when she blackmailed Garibaldi by keeping the 'don't hurt Bester' mental block in his head.
    I always felt for the Teeps and Teeks that ran away from Psi-Corps but those S5 runaways and their story rubbed me the wrong way.

So anyone check out the new Amazon series The Man in the High Castle? The plot and pacing sometimes annoyed me but the characters were amazing. Each of the actors owned it, and they were wonderfully written. I was actually looking forward to Jessica Jones but got distracted by High Castle which ended up monopolizing my time. It's not the best show but if any of yall like character driven stories then you should definitely check it out.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider