Page 218 of 326 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4884
    BANNED

X-Men True Friends.

Kitty having a past with Moira's granddad should be brought back now.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    X-Men True Friends.

Kitty having a past with Moira's granddad should be brought back now.
    Thank you.

Spectacular Member

This is the thread where we can discuss anything and we're still in whether Kitty is gay or bi?
    Anyone got anything to say about Coppola labelling all Marvel movies "despicable"?
    And, so we can get that out of the way, can we state now and get over the points that he hasn't had a hit movie in a few decades, and that he has a couple of turds in his oeuvre?
    I mean let's discuss what he said rather than attack his own track record.
    This IS the Godfather, after all...

BANNED

Its true and he should say it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    This is the thread where we can discuss anything and we're still in whether Kitty is gay or bi?
    Anyone got anything to say about Coppola labelling all Marvel movies "despicable"?
    And, so we can get that out of the way, can we state now and get over the points that he hasn't had a hit movie in a few decades, and that he has a couple of turds in his oeuvre?
    I mean let's discuss what he said rather than attack his own track record.
    This IS the Godfather, after all...
    I agree, I find them entertaining but not really great. Many where the samething over and over again. I feel at the end of the day they were more like a trend, people just wanted to be part in some way of something so big.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

no spencer new mutants book i hate you spider-man i hate you i hate you i hate you !!!
    well i'm three weeks late on this but he's off archie so this could actually happen except he should get back to his image books (and not more spider-events) and brisson's cats gotta eat

damn you, spider-man
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I agree, I find them entertaining but not really great. Many where the samething over and over again. I feel at the end of the day they were more like a trend, people just wanted to be part in some way of something so big.
    The old film critics used to talk about the 3 "E"s - that the best movies will Entertain, Educate and Elevate. Of course there's room for movies to merely entertain ("theme park rides", according to Scorsese) but why would Coppola go so far as to call comic movies "despicable"? Could he not simply say "I don't like them"?

I think he means such movies sell so well that they drain all attention and resources from more contemplative films which aspire to the 3 "E"s

BANNED

Despicable is pretty accurate when you take into account theyve created a culture where anyone criticizing them generates a huge controversy. Theyre not just creatively bankrupt but morally too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Michael Bendis, Word Balloon Bendis Tapes, October 2019
    And so they have a technology in Legion where if you walk up to them, a little pop-up shows up on their shoulder and tells you exactly who they are. Now if you remember, Matt Fraction did something like this in his X-Men run, where they were called "dad tags." And every X-Men would show up and there would be three words that describe this X-Man. Anything Matt's dad would need to know about the X-Men. That's why he called them dad tags. "Anything I need to tell my dad so he can enjoy this." I love the dad tags so much. He gave me permission to steal them.
    dad fraction top 10 x-men villain

BANNED

They're called Fraptions, Brian. Gawd.

OCTOBER 23rd

1. MARAUDERS #1 is released to the public.

2. SNOOP DOGG gets BODIED by motion sickness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    The old film critics used to talk about the 3 "E"s - that the best movies will Entertain, Educate and Elevate. Of course there's room for movies to merely entertain ("theme park rides", according to Scorsese) but why would Coppola go so far as to call comic movies "despicable"? Could he not simply say "I don't like them"?

I think he means such movies sell so well that they drain all attention and resources from more contemplative films which aspire to the 3 "E"s
    Yeah, I think he finds the fact that superhero films dominate the market despicable, but not the actual content, though he probably doesn’t like that either. I mean, there’s a Judy Garland biopic starring Renée Zellweger out right now and I can only watch it at my local art theater. Ten years ago that would have been playing at every theater in my area.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

But why would anyone want to see a Judy Garland biopic starring Renée Zellweger?

BANNED

Because I’m a basic gay man who likes Judy Garland.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

But Renée Zellweger, heh. I still have nightmares about her winning an Oscar for Cold Mountain.