View Poll Results: Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bayonetta

0 0%
  • Dark Samus [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong series]

1 6.25%
  • Impa [Legend of Zelda series]

2 12.50%
  • Inkling [Splatoon series]

1 6.25%
  • King K. Rool [Donkey Kong series]

2 12.50%
  • Medusa [Kid Icarus series]

0 0%
  • Professor Layton

0 0%
  • Rayman

1 6.25%
  • Ridley [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Shovel Knight

2 12.50%
  • Toad [Super Mario series]

1 6.25%
  • Waluigi [Super Mario series]

0 0%
  • Wonder Red [The Wonderful 101]

0 0%
  • Other

6 37.50%
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Intensive Sparring is -BY FAR- the most annoying event in the history of Smash Bros.

Only one life at 100% to kill 3 people 5 times, what's worse is that Little Mac doesn't have a projectile so I can't run away and spam, and he has a counter, which I can't use well cause the computers don't attack frequently enough but they always manage to use super successfully.
    Last edited by Step; 12-15-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    I also wanna say fuck Cruel Smash. Honestly why the hell have we had this mode for 3 Smash games in a row? It seems even worse than Cruel Melee was. Like, it's genuinely unfair.
    I kept thinking those challenges related to Cruel Smash were too difficult but after about twenty minutes of trial and error I managed to beat all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Intensive Sparring is -BY FAR- the most annoying event in the history of Smash Bros.

Only one life at 100% to kill 3 people 5 times, what's worse is that Little Mac doesn't have a projectile so I can't run away and spam, and he has a counter, which I can't use well cause the computers don't attack frequently enough but they always manage to use super successfully.
    The only Event Match that I've truly had any problems with was Hungry, Hungry Kirby on Hard. Little Mac's counter is actually one of his most useful tools if you can read your opponents and they attack you as a group. But don't use it in the air, especially while next to the edge of the stage.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

I can just imagine those poor kids who were suckered in by the Sonic and Tails April Fools joke a long time ago and endlessly tried to get 20 KOs in Cruel Melee.

Maximillian Dood, resident YT fighting game guru, has started Assist Me on Smash, with a first video talking about basics and advanced techniques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZdzmE7_Yk

May need to watch this multiple times actually. If there is one thing I am REALLY, and I mean REALLY, bad at when it comes to fighting games and Smash in particular, it's defending.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Maximillian Dood, resident YT fighting game guru, has started Assist Me on Smash, with a first video talking about basics and advanced techniques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZdzmE7_Yk

May need to watch this multiple times actually. If there is one thing I am REALLY, and I mean REALLY, bad at when it comes to fighting games and Smash in particular, it's defending.
    max is the go-to guy for fighting game basics.

also, mew2king and zero had a stream going as they were messing around with a few characters. WFT seems like he/she could be a beast.

I bought this a few days ago and having quite fun with it.

I'm absolutely terrible at getting the bombs and sandbag flying in their respective modes though, don't really know what I'm doing wrong.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post

I'm absolutely terrible at getting the bombs and sandbag flying in their respective modes though, don't really know what I'm doing wrong.
    I’ve found Villager and Ganondorf are handy there (look them up on youtube) but past that I tend to have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I kept thinking those challenges related to Cruel Smash were too difficult but after about twenty minutes of trial and error I managed to beat all of them.

The only Event Match that I've truly had any problems with was Hungry, Hungry Kirby on Hard. Little Mac's counter is actually one of his most useful tools if you can read your opponents and they attack you as a group. But don't use it in the air, especially while next to the edge of the stage.
    Hungry, Hungry Kirby was easy for me, a trick is that if you inhale it, instead of grab it, it heals more, and if you inhale King Dedede and use his inhale, it heals even more. The only problem is that some treasure chests can hurt you OTL

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I can just imagine those poor kids who were suckered in by the Sonic and Tails April Fools joke a long time ago and endlessly tried to get 20 KOs in Cruel Melee.
    HAAAAA, I was one of those kids! When I did it and Sonic still hadn't come, I felt like crying. I...was a sensitive child lol

Tho, I remember it being easier than it was here.

I can't believe there was a challenge that was like, get 8 KOs with Lucina in Cruel Melee OTL, luckily, I learned online that if I stand next to a ledge and just grab + back-throw, they don't recover, finished the event in like, 10 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post

Take the baseball bat first thing and hit the sandbag with a fully charged smash, if you hit the Sandbag at 0% it won't fly off, and then just Up-Smash till the final 5 seconds and use the baseball bat again, or, if you pick Ganondorf, don't Up-Smash, Down air and a reverse Warlock Punch hits much harder than a baseball bat.

With the bomb, same thing, it's easy with Ganondorf, other heavies like Donkey Kong and Bowser are good too, I can't do well in this mode with ZSS tbh.
    Last edited by Step; 12-21-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Take the baseball bat first thing and hit the sandbag with a fully charged smash, if you hit the Sandbag at 0% it won't fly off, and then just Up-Smash till the final 5 seconds and use the baseball bat again, or, if you pick Ganondorf, don't Up-Smash, Down air and a reverse Warlock Punch hits much harder than a baseball bat.

With the bomb, same thing, it's easy with Ganondorf, other heavies like Donkey Kong and Bowser are good too, I can't do well in this mode with ZSS tbh.
    My problem seems to have been that I haven't been using the Smash attacks properly. Doing pretty well now though.

According to sakurai the mewtwo dlc is finished and should be coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    According to sakurai the mewtwo dlc is finished and should be coming soon
    Any word on the paid DLC yet? I'd rather not buy a whole new game and system just to play as Mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Any word on the paid DLC yet? I'd rather not buy a whole new game and system just to play as Mewtwo.
    You should be able to purchase Mewtwo on your own when he is made available. If Mewtwo is really about to see release, I would expect an announcement of some kind soon.

(We should see a Nintendo Direct before E3.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You should be able to purchase Mewtwo on your own when he is made available. If Mewtwo is really about to see release, I would expect an announcement of some kind soon.

(We should see a Nintendo Direct before E3.)
    One can only hope at this point.

Lucas DLC confirmed!

Also they have a drop box in which you can suggest characters!

IDK who I'm going to suggest, probably Captain Syrup or Mona, cause I want more Wario stuff =} I know it's going to be bombarded with Ridley though lol
    Last edited by Step; 04-01-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Isaac from golden sun