View Poll Results: Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bayonetta

0 0%
  • Dark Samus [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong series]

1 6.25%
  • Impa [Legend of Zelda series]

2 12.50%
  • Inkling [Splatoon series]

1 6.25%
  • King K. Rool [Donkey Kong series]

2 12.50%
  • Medusa [Kid Icarus series]

0 0%
  • Professor Layton

0 0%
  • Rayman

1 6.25%
  • Ridley [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Shovel Knight

2 12.50%
  • Toad [Super Mario series]

1 6.25%
  • Waluigi [Super Mario series]

0 0%
  • Wonder Red [The Wonderful 101]

0 0%
  • Other

6 37.50%
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

So, Mewtwo isn't the only bit of DLC they're working on, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    IMO, I think it's been the reveals have been the best since Melee, SSB4's roster is very fun and creative, Duck Hunt Duo, Bowser Jr. + Koopa Kids, Mega Man, Pac Man, Rosalina & Luma.
    I totally agree! I didn't follow the news about this one as it was coming out, so I wasn't totally aware of all the new unlockable characters, so when I was playing and I had to fight Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr? I practically squealed I was so excited!

I am disappointed they didn't include certain things that have been in past games too, though. My brother and I were talking about earlier today how we missed all the extra rules for versus battles, like the crazy stuff from Melee like Giant Melee and stuff like that. I wish you could use the same rules found in Smash Run like 300% Smash and High-Launch Smash or whatever it's called. But with DLC coming out, maybe they'll include a patch with something like this
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    So, Mewtwo isn't the only bit of DLC they're working on, right?
    I don't know. Maybe they'll get worked on and released one at a time like Mortal Kombat 9 and BlazBlue.

Depends on what they want to achieve with DLC. Mewtwo after all is kind of a golden oldie for players who missed him in Brawl, so you could look at this as them throwing fans who wanted him a bone--in which case his inclusion doesn't shed much light on what they may or may not do with brand new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CatAttacker View Post
    After hearing that Crisis 2015 is most likely not happening and we will never see the old DCU, and having my characters blown the **** out once a month I have lost all hope.

Seriously though, compared to Brawl the newcomers have been a bit of a letdown, as an understatement.
    I completely disagree, Snake & Sonic were a massive surprise but more to do with them being thought of as unlikley, Pokemon Trainer was an intesting one but alot of them felt like there were just to expand the roster but Duck Hunt Duo, Kooplings, Little Mac, Miis, Pac-Man and Mega Man add a lot to the roster without it being "Oh, how did the get in!?".

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    I totally agree! I didn't follow the news about this one as it was coming out, so I wasn't totally aware of all the new unlockable characters, so when I was playing and I had to fight Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr? I practically squealed I was so excited!

I am disappointed they didn't include certain things that have been in past games too, though. My brother and I were talking about earlier today how we missed all the extra rules for versus battles, like the crazy stuff from Melee like Giant Melee and stuff like that. I wish you could use the same rules found in Smash Run like 300% Smash and High-Launch Smash or whatever it's called. But with DLC coming out, maybe they'll include a patch with something like this
    Yeah single player content is lacking, it's crazy to me that they added all these modes and don't let people play it on its own.

But at least there are a lot of new modes for Wii U! There seems to be a return of Special Rulesl, so 300% smash and the like is possible and I'm SO PUMPED for event mode! Srsly after the direct my 3DS version looks sooo...lacking OTL

All-New Member

"Sigh" Great now I need to change my underwear because of that announcement. Thanks Nintendo.

The 8-player mode sounds so crazy (in a good way). There are times where there's a group of five or six of us (maybe even eight) and we have to switch off, so the fact that they added more than 4 players is amazing.

Also, Mewtwo being DLC is pretty exciting. Hoping that characters who aren't just from previous Smash games will make it in (coughtoadcough).

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    The 8-player mode sounds so crazy (in a good way). There are times where there's a group of five or six of us (maybe even eight) and we have to switch off, so the fact that they added more than 4 players is amazing.

Also, Mewtwo being DLC is pretty exciting. Hoping that characters who aren't just from previous Smash games will make it in (coughtoadcough).
    There is reason to believe that most of the DLC characters will be clones. Sakuria suggested anyone who dislikes clones is a child and should be ignored. Also we need Lucas!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I would love to see Isaac as DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    There is reason to believe that most of the DLC characters will be clones. Sakuria suggested anyone who dislikes clones is a child and should be ignored. Also we need Lucas!
    That;s what I'm thinking. And really Mewtwo/Lucario are kind of the same. Just different moves in some way, but basic same projectile in a way.

I am honestly hoping to the Masked Man/Claus from Mother 3 one day. (As Lucas was a Ness clone, but grew to like him with story, would not mind seeing him again either.)

Edit: Mewtwo and lucario have in common energy melee and projectile attack That's it. His thros and Smash with bat with much different, and cooler too.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 10-26-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Mewtwo and Lucario are very different, other than Shadow Ball I can't think of anything else they share in common

Also if we're talking about which DLCs we want, at first I wasn't burning for anyone to really be included, but then I heard a lot of talk about Impa and that got me HYPED, if she is added as DLC that would be AMAZING, esp if it's her Skyward Sword design, that is probably one of the more unique design I've seen in a video game, tho it'll probably be her Hyrule Warriors design, which, okay, that's good too.

Also, Captain Syrup, cause we need more female villains and more Wario reps \O/

As for returning characters, I'm not really missing anyone cut...except Ice Climbers ='{ maybe Lucas too~

I know that there's probably a small chance of them being added, but well I'm not expecting it, this is just me dreaming~

Top of my wish list of DLC would Ice Climbers, Bayonetta, Mallo from Pullblox/Pushmo, Tharja, Cranky Kong with his pogo move, Excitebike Racer where he's on his bike the entire time, Professor Layton and Birdo but I doubt any of them will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Top of my wish list of DLC would Ice Climbers, Bayonetta, Mallo from Pullblox/Pushmo, Tharja, Cranky Kong with his pogo move, Excitebike Racer where he's on his bike the entire time, Professor Layton and Birdo but I doubt any of them will happen.
    Wow, this is an awesome list and I'd totally back this 1000%!! I never realized how much I missed Ice Climbers until they weren't part of the game anymore...
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

There was a Tharja trophy in the game, but I heard it was taken out due to her clothing...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    There was a Tharja trophy in the game, but I heard it was taken out due to her clothing...

It could be she was moved to the Wii U version or they had to take things out as there was a lot of content in the game to the point it pushes the 3DS to the very limit but who knows, it's a shame though as she's the fan favourite from Fire Emblem Awakening.