View Poll Results: Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bayonetta

0 0%
  • Dark Samus [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong series]

1 6.25%
  • Impa [Legend of Zelda series]

2 12.50%
  • Inkling [Splatoon series]

1 6.25%
  • King K. Rool [Donkey Kong series]

2 12.50%
  • Medusa [Kid Icarus series]

0 0%
  • Professor Layton

0 0%
  • Rayman

1 6.25%
  • Ridley [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Shovel Knight

2 12.50%
  • Toad [Super Mario series]

1 6.25%
  • Waluigi [Super Mario series]

0 0%
  • Wonder Red [The Wonderful 101]

0 0%
  • Other

6 37.50%
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Does anyone have an extra NA code they can PM me? They failed to send me any codes even though I was a Platinum member last year and have emails enabled.

Edit: Finally got an automated email from Nintendo telling me to call. When I called I got a recording saying call volume was too high and there’s no one available to help.

If you’re going to tell everyone who emails customer service to call you then you ought to hire some people to work the phones.

Edit2: Got a human after looking up an alternate customer service number online. He said it looked like I qualified but he’d have to open a case for them to send the email and it’d take 2-3 days. I seriously doubt I’m ever getting a response.

I guess I’ll just have to wait a week for the limited-use demo.
    Last edited by Beacon; 09-13-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Fantastic Member

Never mind on the codes. I got one elsewhere. In the unlikely event that NoA ever gets back to me on the codes they should have sent me, I’d be happy to share, though.

I’m trying to get a handle on these controls. I haven’t played one of these games since Gamescube and haven’t played one regularly (if once a month is “regular”) since the original. I know some have been complaining about the lack of an instruction manual but I find that going into “group” battles and setting all opponents to CPU allows me to practice moves on a bag before fighting.

I’m starting to relearn Pikachu and getting better. Still, Mega Man beats me every time. Maybe I ought to just learn Rock.

Edit: Not sure how the coins/medals work. I thought they were victory rewards at first but I've had the number go DOWN after some wins. It probably doesn't matter too much yet unless data can be transferred from demo to game like with Bravely Default.

Edit2: Okay, Mega Man doesn't seem all that great. The Villager OTOH is surprisingly fun to play with...though I'm pretty sure his balloon move will make him a real pain to play against.
    Last edited by Beacon; 09-13-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I meant for the demo, I would of much rather try out Bowser Jr or Duckhunt Dog.
    Those are secret characters though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ive been playing Villager religiously, my breakdown of him/her:

Good:
    > Two great recovery moves (Forward B and Up B), together it they pretty much ensure that unless you at 150% damage you can recover from anything
    > In general a bunch of good A attacks
    ----- Dash + A: Throws a pot at people (Trips it is a better word)
    ----- Smash Forward + A: Drops a bowling bowl on people, it doesn't go very far but he drops it so it can go down to the very bottom of the stage, good for defending a ledge
    ----- Jump + Forward A: has a basic range attack where he/she uses a slingshot
    ----- Smash UP + A: shoots rockets

Bad
    > Offensively, the Villagers B attacks are not to great
    ----- B: Collects projectiles, might be useful for the expanded game, but right now I only use it for Pickachu's Jolts
    ----- Down + B: One of the most elaborate attacks in smash; first you plant the tree, then you water it (as it grows it can do damage), then it takes two swings with an axe to chop it down (getting hit by the ax and tree do a lot of damage). All this is done with the down B and involves luring (repeatedly) an opponent to the tree. On a small stage you might be able to pull it off, but probably no on a larger one.
    > in general his/her A attacks lack range

Fantastic Member

I'm getting kind of thrown by the way half the buttons don't do anything useful. The D Pad is all taunts and X and Y do the exact same thing as Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

Good:
    > Two great recovery moves (Forward B and Up B), together it they pretty much ensure that unless you at 150% damage you can recover from anything
    ----- Smash Forward + A: Drops a bowling bowl on people, it doesn't go very far but he drops it so it can go down to the very bottom of the stage, good for defending a ledge

Bad
    ----- B: Collects projectiles, might be useful for the expanded game, but right now I only use it for Pickachu's Jolts
    ----- Down + B: One of the most elaborate attacks in smash; first you plant the tree, then you water it (as it grows it can do damage), then it takes two swings with an axe to chop it down (getting hit by the ax and tree do a lot of damage). All this is done with the down B and involves luring (repeatedly) an opponent to the tree. On a small stage you might be able to pull it off, but probably no on a larger one.
    I was wondering about B; it didn't seem to do anything.

I really doubt Down B would ever be usable against AI, let alone real people. It is fun to spam Forward B at the CPU when they're near a ledge, though. I doubt the Villager would work very well against real players but I'm enjoying him the most in this demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    I'm getting kind of thrown by the way half the buttons don't do anything useful. The D Pad is all taunts and X and Y do the exact same thing as Up.
    I think you can change the controls. For me I would prefer using the d-pad to move.

I was wondering about B; it didn't seem to do anything.
    It captures an enemy projectile (Pikachu's Jolt, Most of Megaman's attack) and using B again allows you to use that attack. I find it useful if an opponent uses range attacks a lot; you capture the first attack, use the captured one to cancel a second attack and by then you can pummel people.

I really doubt Down B would ever be usable against AI, let alone real people. It is fun to spam Forward B at the CPU when they're near a ledge, though. I doubt the Villager would work very well against real players but I'm enjoying him the most in this demo.
    Im trying to use it and whenever I do the AI wallops me most of the time. The tree though can be used as a buffer against attacks.

Also I forgot to say the Villagers Final Smash is one of the worst. It requires you to be right next to an opponent. Not as bad as Metaknights Brawl one, but still not great.

Astonishing Member

The demo is great, though it's going to take a while to get used to playing on the 3DS with a zoomed out screen.

I love that the Duck Hunt Dog is basically a thinly veiled Banjo+Kazooie.

Good:

Bad
    Dude what? Villager's neutral b is otherworldly.

Playing Mega Man against him, and he catches my Crash Bomb.

Later in the match, I get up close to fire one and he throws it first. He can even catch Gyroids, the little rocket his side b is. People say he can do it with another villager's tree too.

Apparently Proto Man isn't an alt costume, and King K Rool got deconfirmed.

Hope rides alone...

Idk I never found that game difficult and my dad even maxed out the score on it despite never playing video games.
    Well I'm probs projecting or sth, I could never do it! Even when my gun was right there at the screen OTL

But here's a happier alternative \O/
    http://beapeabear.tumblr.com/post/97...theyre-friends

Quote Originally Posted by CatAttacker View Post
    Apparently Proto Man isn't an alt costume, and King K Rool got deconfirmed.

Hope rides alone...
    While I know this hasn't really got much to do with your point, I must say I LOVE the alts in this game, esp Bowser Jr's, all the 7 other kooplings <3 Wendy 4 LYFE and Lucina representing other FE Females, Mega Man's alts being his other power-up forms, it's a great step-up from the previous games.

Tho I don't know why they wouldn't add a proper Daisy alt. when they did one just fine in Melee - a 13 year old game OTL
    Last edited by Step; 09-14-2014 at 08:27 PM.

So many people already have the demo. Makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I got mine off of 4chan's /v/ board. That's like the only place where they're still circulating.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Does anyone have an extra NA code they can PM me? They failed to send me any codes even though I was a Platinum member last year and have emails enabled.

Edit: Finally got an automated email from Nintendo telling me to call. When I called I got a recording saying call volume was too high and there’s no one available to help.

If you’re going to tell everyone who emails customer service to call you then you ought to hire some people to work the phones.

Edit2: Got a human after looking up an alternate customer service number online. He said it looked like I qualified but he’d have to open a case for them to send the email and it’d take 2-3 days. I seriously doubt I’m ever getting a response.

I guess I’ll just have to wait a week for the limited-use demo.
    I'm in the UK and got a Smash Bros code but I didn't get a Tomodachi Life demo so I thinks it's just randomly selected here at least.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'd share with you but NoA just sent me an email claiming the reason I didn't get my codes (and thus had to beg for one elsewhere) was because I opted in for email after the fact...which would have been impossible since the Club Nintendo site was down all day Friday.

This promo was REALLY poorly handled.

BANNED