View Poll Results: Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bayonetta

0 0%
  • Dark Samus [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong series]

1 6.25%
  • Impa [Legend of Zelda series]

2 12.50%
  • Inkling [Splatoon series]

1 6.25%
  • King K. Rool [Donkey Kong series]

2 12.50%
  • Medusa [Kid Icarus series]

0 0%
  • Professor Layton

0 0%
  • Rayman

1 6.25%
  • Ridley [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Shovel Knight

2 12.50%
  • Toad [Super Mario series]

1 6.25%
  • Waluigi [Super Mario series]

0 0%
  • Wonder Red [The Wonderful 101]

0 0%
  • Other

6 37.50%
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I want to see Bayonetta get added as a guest character. It would be nice cross promotion since Bayonetta 2 will be coming out on the Wii-U.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    1: Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles). Represents Nintendo's new 1st party studio, Monolith Soft. Xenoblade was their first game and Shulk was the main character of said game.
    I dunno who that is.

2: Palutena (Kid Icarus). Masahiro Sakurai has made a few games beyond the Smash Bros. and Kirby series. Kid Icarus Uprising was one of them. So Pit's boss, the Goddess of Light herself, seems like a perfect second Kid Icarus character.
    I think they'd pick a villain over another heroic type character from that series. Medusa or possibly Hades seem more likely to me. Plus, I don't think Palutena even fights in Kid Icarus: Uprising (beyond the evil version of her).

3: Chrom or Lucina (Fire Emblem Awakening). Fire Emblem was in trouble. Sales were falling. Interest was waning. And then came Awakening. It saved the franchise. Chrom is essentially the lead of FE:A. Lucina is the actual protagonist of FE:A. I'd put more money on Chrom even though Lucina seems more popular in Japan.
    I think Chrom is a safe bet, not sure about Lucina.

4: Pac-Man. Just because Bandai-Namco is doing a lot of the grunt work in making this game.
    Yes, please!

5: Mii. Because the Mii are in just about everything lately.
    Ugh, probably, but hopefully not. I get so annoyed when people pick a Mii instead of a Mario character in Mario Kart.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    I dunno who that is.
    Okay. A little backstory.

Japanese video game developer Tetsuya Takahashi left Square (after he created Xenogears) and accepted an investment opportunity from Namco. This led to the creation of Monolith Soft. He created the Xenosaga series in this time period. In 2007, Nintendo purchased Monolith Soft. Xenoblade (known as Xenoblade Chronicles in the US) was released for the Wii in 2010 in Japan, 2011 in Europe and 2012 in the US.

Shulk is the main character of Xenoblade Chronicles. He battles against synthetic life with a lightsaber-like sword known as the Monado. This sword allows Shulk to see visions of the future (no idea how they would implement this in Smash Bros.), create forcefields, and cause all kinds of status buffs and special attacks.

(Plus, Xenoblade has a great soundtrack.)

Since Monolith Soft is working on a Wii U RPG (currently known only as "X") that may or may not be related to Xenoblade, I think Shulk has a shot.

I think they'd pick a villain over another heroic type character from that series. Medusa or possibly Hades seem more likely to me. Plus, I don't think Palutena even fights in Kid Icarus: Uprising (beyond the evil version of her).
    The Japanese name for the series is "Hikari Shinwa: Parutena no Kagami." (Myth of Light: Palutena's Mirror.")

The series is literally named after her. Having a villain before Palutena would be like having Ganondorf before Zelda.

I think Chrom is a safe bet, not sure about Lucina.
    Yeah, Chrom is probably the safest bet there is.

Yes, please!
    If we do have Pac-Man, I'm really curious how they would make him work.

Ugh, probably, but hopefully not. I get so annoyed when people pick a Mii instead of a Mario character in Mario Kart.
    I'm not exactly looking at the Mii as my most wanted either.

Astonishing Member

Be nice if Nintendo showed their Mario RPG series some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Okay. A little backstory.

Japanese video game developer Tetsuya Takahashi left Square (after he created Xenogears) and accepted an investment opportunity from Namco. This led to the creation of Monolith Soft. He created the Xenosaga series in this time period. In 2007, Nintendo purchased Monolith Soft. Xenoblade (known as Xenoblade Chronicles in the US) was released for the Wii in 2010 in Japan, 2011 in Europe and 2012 in the US.

Shulk is the main character of Xenoblade Chronicles. He battles against synthetic life with a lightsaber-like sword known as the Monado. This sword allows Shulk to see visions of the future (no idea how they would implement this in Smash Bros.), create forcefields, and cause all kinds of status buffs and special attacks.

(Plus, Xenoblade has a great soundtrack.)

Since Monolith Soft is working on a Wii U RPG (currently known only as "X") that may or may not be related to Xenoblade, I think Shulk has a shot.
    I think that'd be cool, but it does seem like a bit of a stretch.

The Japanese name for the series is "Hikari Shinwa: Parutena no Kagami." (Myth of Light: Palutena's Mirror.")

The series is literally named after her. Having a villain before Palutena would be like having Ganondorf before Zelda.
    I do think they'd put in Ganondorf over Zelda if they had to choose between them. Zelda doesn't really fight in most of the games, just like Palutena. I think it'd be cool if they added both Medusa AND Palutena (since Kid Icarus has a great cast of female characters), but I think they'd opt for the series villain over the secondary protagonist.

If we do have Pac-Man, I'm really curious how they would make him work.
    I just hope that if he is in it, they don't use that god awful "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures" or whatever design. Seriously, it's awful. We need classic Pac (with a Ms. Pac-Man alternate costume!). Although it most likely will never happen, I think it'd be cool to have the ghosts as a playable character, too. I loves me some Clyde.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Be nice if Nintendo showed their Mario RPG series some love.
    I wouldn't necessarily call it a series, since there's only one game in it. Unless you're including Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi. Geno would be a cool character, and he seems to have a large fanbase. Who knows? Nobody really expected the fan-favorite Koopalings to make a reappearance either. I just want Toad as a playable character. He's the last of the big Mario characters, but since they already showed that he's still part of Peach's attacks, I doubt we'll see him playable this game. I hope in the future, they turn her move into Toadsworth or something, and have Toad playable.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't necessarily call it a series, since there's only one game in it. Unless you're including Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi. Geno would be a cool character, and he seems to have a large fanbase.
    Pretty much. The original SNES game, the Paper games, Dream Team, etc. Plenty of stuff there.

I think that'd be cool, but it does seem like a bit of a stretch.
    Maybe. But a lot of people are talking about Shulk. And with characters from less prominent franchises like Marth and Ness in this series, it might not be as much of a stretch as it seems.

I do think they'd put in Ganondorf over Zelda if they had to choose between them. Zelda doesn't really fight in most of the games, just like Palutena. I think it'd be cool if they added both Medusa AND Palutena (since Kid Icarus has a great cast of female characters), but I think they'd opt for the series villain over the secondary protagonist.
    I'm not trying to start an argument but precedence argues otherwise. After all, we got Diddy Kong in the game before any Donkey Kong villain. We got Luigi before Bowser. We even got a "Zero Suit Samus" before Ridley or any other kind of Metroid baddie.

If anything, Smash Bros. seems to go out of its way to include secondary protagonists ahead of villains. That's why I think we'd get Palutena before we got a Medusa or a Hades.

I just hope that if he is in it, they don't use that god awful "Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures" or whatever design. Seriously, it's awful. We need classic Pac (with a Ms. Pac-Man alternate costume!). Although it most likely will never happen, I think it'd be cool to have the ghosts as a playable character, too. I loves me some Clyde.
    I know, right? I'm just really curious how they would make the Pac work.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/228447-n...a-new-3ds-game

Nintendo is hosting a special q&a with Masahiro Sakurai at E3. (They are also doing another special q&a for an unannounced 3DS game.)

I guess we're going to have a real blow-out at E3 this year.

Fire Emblem's Ike has been confirmed to return for Smash 4. Complete with a redesign based on his appearance from Radiant Dawn. Many female fans and more than a few male fans should be pleased.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/ike.html

(I still think we'll get a 3rd Fire Emblem rep. The series has proven itself worthy of a 3rd rep.)

Do they usually announce all the characters (even unlockables) before launch?

Ike looks pretty great even if I wasn't a huge fan of him previously (I prefer Marth, but he's already in). I remember the creator said something like they aren't all about adding new characters this time around, yet... they keep adding the old ones! The ones that I figured they'd ditch (Ike, ZS Samus, Olimar, Lucario).

After seeing Impa's design for Hyrule Warriors, I wish they added her in the game instead of Sheik. I've always been an Impa fan.

Honestly I'm really surprised that they haven't included Impa in any version yet.

And has anybody hear anything one way or another on Mr. Game & Watch making a come back? I always loved that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Honestly I'm really surprised that they haven't included Impa in any version yet.
    I want to slap myself for saying this, but, maybe DLC?

I definitely think there will be DLC, for this and for Mario Kart 8.

Nintendo added DLC for the Mario Golf 3DS, so I think they're getting wise to what people want. I'd honestly buy all DLC for Smash Bros., if I wanted the characters/stages/whatever or not.

Ike looks pretty great even if I wasn't a huge fan of him previously (I prefer Marth, but he's already in). I remember the creator said something like they aren't all about adding new characters this time around, yet... they keep adding the old ones! The ones that I figured they'd ditch (Ike, ZS Samus, Olimar, Lucario).

After seeing Impa's design for Hyrule Warriors, I wish they added her in the game instead of Sheik. I've always been an Impa fan.
    The idea was a sequel couldn't just be about adding new characters, not that there wouldn't be new characters (it's an important distinction to make). There have to be things in the game play that express new ideas. So something like Smash Run for the 3DS version may be what Sakurai has in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

And has anybody hear anything one way or another on Mr. Game & Watch making a come back? I always loved that guy.
    Nothing about G&W. But I can't imagine he'd be removed from the line-up.