View Poll Results: Who did you vote for in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bayonetta

0 0%
  • Dark Samus [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Dixie Kong [Donkey Kong series]

1 6.25%
  • Impa [Legend of Zelda series]

2 12.50%
  • Inkling [Splatoon series]

1 6.25%
  • King K. Rool [Donkey Kong series]

2 12.50%
  • Medusa [Kid Icarus series]

0 0%
  • Professor Layton

0 0%
  • Rayman

1 6.25%
  • Ridley [Metroid series]

0 0%
  • Shovel Knight

2 12.50%
  • Toad [Super Mario series]

1 6.25%
  • Waluigi [Super Mario series]

0 0%
  • Wonder Red [The Wonderful 101]

0 0%
  • Other

6 37.50%
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Smash Run is pretty cool until you start farming for customs, trophies etc.

I just don't have the patience for that, I just play trophy rush, speaking of farming, I was 30 or so trophies behind and I needed customs and hats, so I was playing Trophy Rush almost exclusively all week, I went from 10k to broke but I got almost all trophies (only 3 left! and two are behind the final two challenge boards) all the customs and yet no new hats! It was annoying, anyway someone suggested Target Blast with a Mii and I got three in an hour \O/ I think I just need one or two more

Ugh this need to 100% certian games OTL I need to do it today as well cause I will not be motivated for that when the Wii U version comes out!

Fantastic Member

It may just be a luck thing but I’ve only gotten one trophy from Smash Run.

(How many trophies are there anyway?)

I’ve had MUCH better luck getting equipment and customs in Smash Run than I have in other modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    It may just be a luck thing but I’ve only gotten one trophy from Smash Run.

(How many trophies are there anyway?)

I’ve had MUCH better luck getting equipment and customs in Smash Run than I have in other modes.
    685 on the 3DS, more on the Wii U, IDK how much exactly though, I got 682, so counting the two in the challenge board, there is one elusive one I have yet to get~

I had luck in Smash Run but...3 minutes each run? Nah
    Last edited by Step; 11-27-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Fantastic Member

There's at least 700 trophies on the Wii U. As one of the challenges is collecting 700 of them.

I also have 682 on the 3DS version. The only challenges I have left on those is beating Classic on 9.0 and collecting all the custom items and such. The former wouldn't be as hard if they didn't lower the difficulty when you continue and the latter pretty much requires a lot of luck. All I need is about five hats. I've want through several Smash Runs and it keeps giving me either a bunch of custom equipment or outfits or move that I've already obtained.

Fantastic Member

Okay, so I’ve got all the Wii U people unlocked except for Mr Game and Watch (just need one more Classic win) and R.O.B.

Seeing as the two versions of this game are meant to connect, its odd that I can’t just share data between games instead of having to unlock everything again.

Also, remember when I said I liked the 3DS’s Smash Run? Well, I HATE Smash Tour. Its just terrible as a single player experience and I have no idea why anyone would play a multiplayer mode where you can’t pick characters.

Other than that, the Wii U game is a big improvement. I really like Events; they’re everything I like about challenges on a smaller scale.

I like that whole random character thing that comes with Smash Run, only thing I like about it though, it is annoying.

Though I am hoping Nintendo take something from that and implement a mode where you can play as multiple characters, so I can pick a number of characters, start with the first and when I get knocked out, I regenerate as my second pick. It'd be fun!

Ive been trophy and coin and custom move grinding in all star mode using captain falcon on hard mode

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I recently entered a Smash Bros. Tournment where they used to the new game. Man, the best players were using Zero-Suit Samus, Dark Pit, and Villager. I never got to face them personally, how strong would you say they are from your use of them?

Fantastic Member

I haven’t really played much with the first two but Villager is a beast. The only reason I haven’t used him more is because I’d already used him/her a lot on account of him/her being the best character in the demo.

I was under the impression that the best characters (pre-update?) were Little Mac, Bowser, Yoshi, and maybe “Elsa” but I’d need someone with more skill than me to confirm it

Little Mac isn't great cause of his sucky recovery and aerials, the rest are solid.

I watched some tournaments on twitch, it looks like the best character bar none is Diddy Kong. Shiek, Rosalina, Robin and ZSS seem very good too.

Last tourney I watched a Dark Pit vs. Ness finals so maybe they're good too~ but almost everyone switched to Diddy Kong when they were in trouble. I'm no pro tho, I just like watching tournaments lol

I thought Meta-Knight was the most overpowered since he got himself banned from most pro-tournaments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I thought Meta-Knight was the most overpowered since he got himself banned from most pro-tournaments.
    In Brawl. Character stats and abilities are tweaked from game to game. In the original Captain Falcon was the fastest character, but in Melee Fox was the fastest even though both characters were in both games.

I've been playing online on my 3DS more (I took a break for a little bit) and I've noticed I'm coming into a lot more games where there's at least two players who don't fight each other, and instead team up against everyone else. Both times this has happened, it's been on Smash - For Fun and there were only 3 of us playing. I got demolished because I couldn't hit them and they just destroyed me. Really, really extremely irritating and annoying.

Have you guys noticed this happening? I wish there was a way to report crap like this.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Quinnzel, you were probably playing against kids who were sitting together in the same room IRL and found it more fun to smash a stranger. Nothing wrong with that - you're free to find others to play with.

I have this game on Wii and could never get into it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my fighting games, but hammering one button to knock someone up in the air just isn't fun. A couple of my mates have been round and we got right into the Dragon Ball fighter and Capcom V. the manga characters, but this just sucks.

Then I come across fans like here and wonder what the hell I'm missing... (or if you're all just crazy)?

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    Quinnzel, you were probably playing against kids who were sitting together in the same room IRL and found it more fun to smash a stranger. Nothing wrong with that - you're free to find others to play with.

I have this game on Wii and could never get into it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my fighting games, but hammering one button to knock someone up in the air just isn't fun. A couple of my mates have been round and we got right into the Dragon Ball fighter and Capcom V. the manga characters, but this just sucks.

Then I come across fans like here and wonder what the hell I'm missing... (or if you're all just crazy)?
    Well if you're just pressing the same button over and over again then yeah, you wont enjoy it. Smash Bros only appears simple by taking away the complex combos but by making the goal to knock opponents off the stage rather than simply making their life bar 0% opens up more ways to play.