Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    That's not important! What is important is that Scott attitude is changing. That he is considering using other methods than those the X-Men used until now. And just when this is going on, he get his hands on a "reality wraper". What is important is what Scott will do with it ? Will he really try to use MM as a deterrent weapon and force his idea on the rest of the world by fear ? That's the exact same things that Magneto did in the past when he stole nuclear weapons. And that's for the exact same reasons : Hopefully not to use them but as a deterrent. But what happen if the deterrent doesn't work ? What happen if people call the bluff ? That strategy can only work if everyone really believe you are ready to use it. And if they are, that will only increase the problem, that won't solve it.

What is important is not Matthew. It's not the kind of power he has or if he is the only one with such powers. What is important is that Scott got his hands on him now, at this time in his life, when he is questioning his former philosophy.
    I'll agree with this. This arc hands down isn't really about the will it's about Cyclops and how, he has changed. I do hope that the post axis arc does move the book forward and shows just how far cyke has fallen. The next arc will show how Scott gets to how he, is in time runs out over in, avengers. That and I'm sure the new avengers world arc "before time runs out" connects with the post axis arc leading to secret war. That way we can see the lead up to the scene in Avengers #38 between Scott and Bobby
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I'll agree with this. This arc hands down isn't really about the will it's about Cyclops and how, he has changed. I do hope that the post axis arc does move the book forward and shows just how far cyke has fallen. The next arc will show how Scott gets to how he, is in time runs out over in, avengers. That and I'm sure the new avengers world arc "before time runs out" connects with the post axis arc leading to secret war. That way we can see the lead up to the scene in Avengers #38 between Scott and Bobby
    Oh how I miss the days when events were EVENTS... however, MM a.k.a. plot device is just so unappalling it's sad. And I don't think Scott has fallen to the lows some seem to think or believe he has. He's still working to ensure mutant survival and thriving. Anyone in his position would be doing if not the same thing something akin.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

I want (not really) Magneto to send a drill bit through Matthew Malloy's head next issue.

Malloy collapses, dead.

Scott stares in shock.

Magneto tells him: "Knock it off with that Brotherhood talk. I'm not having it." And floats away.

Malloy solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Magneto tells him: "Knock it off with that Brotherhood talk. I'm not having it." And floats away.
    More probably Magneto will sue Cyclops over copyright infringement: The Brotherhood(tm) is a registered trademark belonging to him.

It'd be funny if the short term solution was to have Illyana stab Matthew every time he started having another mutant-seizure.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

This may be slow but I'm glad that AXIS is only going to be referenced only in part of Issue #30, I believe, and than Bendis moves on to his next story arc.

That event has taken a severe turn for the worst and we're all blessed that Bendis is taking his time with the Will as it means he only needs to do a minor AXIS aftermath and be done with it.

More probably Magneto will sue Cyclops over copyright infringement: The Brotherhood(tm) is a registered trademark belonging to him.
    Well Magneto is supposed to be going hero or so in his solo following AXIS so he'll need to put together a superhero mutant team. Can't use the Brotherhood@tm if its taken.

BANNED

That's not important! What is important is that Scott attitude is changing. That he is considering using other methods than those the X-Men used until now. And just when this is going on, he get his hands on a "reality wraper". What is important is what Scott will do with it ? Will he really try to use MM as a deterrent weapon and force his idea on the rest of the world by fear ? That's the exact same things that Magneto did in the past when he stole nuclear weapons. And that's for the exact same reasons : Hopefully not to use them but as a deterrent. But what happen if the deterrent doesn't work ? What happen if people call the bluff ? That strategy can only work if everyone really believe you are ready to use it. And if they are, that will only increase the problem, that won't solve it.

What is important is not Matthew. It's not the kind of power he has or if he is the only one with such powers. What is important is that Scott got his hands on him now, at this time in his life, when he is questioning his former philosophy.
    No its important that its why Matthew would still fail as a deterrent because he is not the only superpowered reality warper not to mention multiple depowering tools we have seen before.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    No its important that its why Matthew would still fail as a deterrent because he is not the only superpowered reality warper not to mention multiple depowering tools we have seen before.
    That's not actually how deterrence works, but good try. Deterrence actually RELIES on both sides having relatively equivalent weapons available to them, since if they didn't you wouldn't have a deterrent, you'd just have a potential massacre.

That said, you're using your opinion on something that's never been backed up by the comics to make a rather meaningless point. Yes, there are multiple reality warpers in the MU. No, that has never made the powers that be just not care that much about a new reality warper. The fact that there are 7 of them does not stop each and every one of them from being the most dangerous thing in existence. And the depowering tech is a highly editorial based thing. Basically you can't assume they have any ability to depower something unless they've done it in this story. That stuff NEVER follows a through-line from story to story.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Wrote a review for this issue. Check it out, if you please.

http://www.comicosity.com/review-uncanny-x-men-28/

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    The US was not the only Nueclear power in the Cold war, but deterrence still worked extremely well

Put two guys in a phone booth with hand-grenades, the deterrence is there no matter how many grenades each has