Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

"THE Star Sapphire" ...
    Ha, I see some boots on there .
    Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    As much as I love Mera it always seemed a little sad that Mera benefit vastly more from her appearances in Johns GL than Carol did.

I'd love to see a Carol centric mini, especially one with little to no romance. Let the poor woman have some focus for once Carol has so few contacts outside the GL universe it's so unfortunate. Even Saint Walker got to team up with the JL for a bit but Carol can't even show up in a Wonder Woman annual featuring the Star Sapphire Corps.
    I think Carol would be in a much better place if future writers had kept up the momentum with her following Johns' run like Aquaman did (until Bunn was put on the book).

Johns -> Parker was a much smoother transition then Johns -> Venditti.

They really should have added Carol and Mera to the Justice League title.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    They really should have added Carol and Mera to the Justice League title.
    They need to up the member total so we can get more females. Or put Carol in Odyssey. Two lanterns from different spectrums ain't gonna hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    They need to up the member total so we can get more females. Or put Carol in Odyssey. Two lanterns from different spectrums ain't gonna hurt.
    I think Odyssey could definitely use more women .

Just imaging a Sejic-drawn Star Sapphire .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Odyssey could definitely use more women .

Just imaging a Sejic-drawn Star Sapphire .
    that would be just awesome.

and i agree, i'd like to see mera and carol join the league.

Does Carol's Star Sapphire ring do all of the things the Star Sapphire gem in her tiara used to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does Carol's Star Sapphire ring do all of the things the Star Sapphire gem in her tiara used to do?
    I haven't read much early Star Sapphire appearances, but if it could basically function like a Green Lantern ring, then I'd say it's about the same.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Carol's tiara originally just shot energy blasts. But nowadays it's pretty much a GL ring. Just pink constructs instead of green.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Thanks, guys!

I remember a friend having the old Superman comic where Carol as SS says the words which are the title of this thread. I think she shot a yellowish/white energy beam from her hands at Superman. Other times, I saw the gem shoot out magenta blasts from her tiara. But other than flying, I was not really sure just what her powers were.

Awesome. Very awesome.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That does kind of make me wonder if a part of Carol might have actually enjoyed the more villainous side of her Star Sapphire persona, even when possessed.

Just something that might be interesting to explore.

I also kind of wonder what would happen if Carol were ever outed as being Star Sapphire given she's probably more known for her villainous plots then actual hero work.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That does kind of make me wonder if a part of Carol might have actually enjoyed the more villainous side of her Star Sapphire persona, even when possessed. .
    It definitely goes with her personality. Carol is not the sweet softie. She's tough. And not even tough but sweet inside like Lois. She's always had a bit of a mischievous streak. Even in the Broome/Kane era. I like to think of her as the Veronica Lodge of DC.

She's not a villain for sure but part of her personality shines through even as Star Saphire.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    It definitely goes with her personality. Carol is not the sweet softie. She's tough. And not even tough but sweet inside like Lois. She's always had a bit of a mischievous streak. Even in the Broome/Kane era. I like to think of her as the Veronica Lodge of DC.

She's not a villain for sure but part of her personality shines through even as Star Saphire.
    I can definitely see it in how she treated Hal back then .

I think Johns' Carol had a bit more of a sweet side, although it was hidden under a lot of professionalism, bitterness, and sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

should we consider jillian as betty cooper?