Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

glad to hear that morrison has plans for carol...

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    glad to hear that morrison has plans for carol...
    I am a bit apprehensive that he plans to include Carol - especially when he keeps talking about "all the women in Hal's life." I like that he understands that Carol is the love of his life, but it doesn't sound like he wants to tell us a love story. (unless he really does and by the time he leaves the title he'll put them back together again like Venditti did - just to see it undone with the next creative team. But that's comics, right?)

Ultimately, I just hope he writes their scenes well and doesn't give us a cliched dynamic between these two life-long loves.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I am a bit apprehensive that he plans to include Carol - especially when he keeps talking about "all the women in Hal's life." I like that he understands that Carol is the love of his life, but it doesn't sound like he wants to tell us a love story. (unless he really does and by the time he leaves the title he'll put them back together again like Venditti did - just to see it undone with the next creative team. But that's comics, right?)

Ultimately, I just hope he writes their scenes well and doesn't give us a cliched dynamic between these two life-long loves.
    I don't know if it'll be a "love story," but given how he refers to Carol I'm guessing she'll have a pretty big impact once she finally shows up in his run, especially compared to Hal's other old flames that will appear.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I don't really know what Morrison is talking about with "All the Women in Hal's life". There really weren't any others besides for Carol.

There was Eve when Hal left Coast city the first time during Kane's run. She lasted one issue. She did come back during Wolfman's run for a few issues. She still had the hots for Hal but Hal wasn't into it and she disappeared after a couple of issues.

Is he talking about Kari Limbo? She was Guy Gardners girl and O'Neil threw her and Hal together very unnaturally just to stir up some drama which also lasted about two or three issue.

Arisia was the only other significant relationship besides for Carol.

But really I don't know where this comes from that Hal went through a plethera of women. Superman and Batman have had many more girlfriends than Hal.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Olivia Reynolds - she was a bit nutty. Some kind of psychic powers. That girl from the 57th century who was in love with him as Pol Manning. Those are certainly unusual as relationships go. Not sure who else, but even with Carol it was weird since she was also one of his worst enemies and the Arisia aging thing is ... better left unmentioned. :x

And I think Morrison mentions the women as having strange connections to Hal rather than being significant relationships. He even mentions non-sexual ones. Who would that be - Rose? Dinah? I'd love to see his take on how Hal and Wonder Woman relate to each other - I feel that's something that's never really touched upon. (aside from that idiotic fight at the beginning of Johns/Lee's JLA)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-26-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Carol, Eve, Olivia, Arisia, Kari and Cowgirl. And probably that Jennifer chick whose name he couldn't remember after their one-night stand. Those are the only ones I can think of. Unless Morrison means that other than the aforementioned, he would also bring in new characters that Hal's had relationships with in the past that we haven't seen before. He did mention "Hal has had lives on other worlds, too".
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-26-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Olivia Reynolds - she was a bit nutty. Some kind of psychic powers. That girl from the 57th century who was in love with him as Pol Manning. Those are certainly unusual as relationships go. Not sure who else, but even with Carol it was weird since she was also one of his worst enemies and the Arisia aging thing is ... better left unmentioned. :x
    Olivia Reynolds wasn't a love interest. She was competition for a rival Toy company when Hal was selling toys. And only showed up for one or two issues. Yeah, maybe the girl from the 57th century, (Another redhead) but she only had a time with him in the limited, sporadic times Hal traveled there. And he was Pol Manning when he was with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Carol, Eve, Olivia, Arisia, Kari and Cowgirl. And probably that Jennifer chick whose name he couldn't remember after their one-night stand. Those are the only ones I can think of. Unless Morrison means that other than the aforementioned, he would also bring in new characters that Hal's had relationships in the past that we haven't seen before. He did mention "Hal has had lives on other worlds, too".
    Cowgirl was barely a thing if I recall. It was just starting to maybe become something when Johns brought Carol back and then shot Hal into space.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Cowgirl was barely a thing if I recall. It was just starting to maybe become something when Johns brought Carol back and then shot Hal into space.
    Well, with Cowgirl they were dating and living together prior to Brightest Day where she vanished off the face of the Earth.

I think the last time Johns brought her up was when Carol told Hal he had a girlfriend when he confronted her about confessing her love to him during Blackest Night.

I don't really know what Morrison is talking about with "All the Women in Hal's life". There really weren't any others besides for Carol.

There was Eve when Hal left Coast city the first time during Kane's run. She lasted one issue. She did come back during Wolfman's run for a few issues. She still had the hots for Hal but Hal wasn't into it and she disappeared after a couple of issues.

Is he talking about Kari Limbo? She was Guy Gardners girl and O'Neil threw her and Hal together very unnaturally just to stir up some drama which also lasted about two or three issue.
    Dorine Clay, Joan Colby who was a resort owner in Idaho, Delia Pharon, Rose Harden... These are the other women outside of Carol, Jillian/Cowgirl, Eve, Olivia, Kari, Arisia and Power Girl that Hal had relationships (of varying degrees) with over the years off the top of my head.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 09-26-2018 at 03:42 PM.

BANNED

Olivia Reynolds wasn't a love interest. She was competition for a rival Toy company when Hal was selling toys. And only showed up for one or two issues. Yeah, maybe the girl from the 57th century, (Another redhead) but she only had a time with him in the limited, sporadic times Hal traveled there. And he was Pol Manning when he was with her.

That 57th cenutry storyline just died and it was a lot of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And probably that Jennifer chick whose name he couldn't remember after their one-night stand.
    Actually, her name was Julie, Ha... er... I mean Johnny...

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Actually, her name was Julie, Ha... er... I mean Johnny...
    The husbands of our boy's former girlfriends are in for a rude awakening in the Morrison book. lol

Did Carol kill John Stewart's wife in this timeline?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Did Carol kill John Stewart's wife in this timeline?
    Yes..... question mark? Katma is dead, we know that. And she asked about John in that green afterlife world Hal went to so their past relationship is confirmed. During Geoff Johns run, he made it so everything that happened in the past including Star Sapphire killing Katma still happened but that was before Carol took control so it didn't count. I think we have another Schrodinger's cat scenario which was a staple of rebirth. It both did and did not happen but we won't know for sure until one of the stories actually addresses it. Goldface killing Tomar Re was pre 52 and that remained, so who knows?
    Save Ferris...

I like that Morrison regards Carol as Hal's #1. I have a feeling we're going to see some complicated things as other women come back into his life. And they don't all necessarily have to be romantic. I'll still wait and see the tone that he sets in issue #1, but so far it seems like we'll get an interesting read. The better read would be perusing a copy of Star Sapphire #1, but in the real world I'll take what I get from Morrison. I just hope he doesn't do any of those stupid sitcom tropes. Hal wakes up in Cowgirl's bed after some honest misunderstanding then Carol walks in and loses her schitt.
    Save Ferris...