Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default "I Command You To Kiss My Boot, Superman!" - Carol Ferris Appreciation

One of DC's most underrated characters in my opinion, Carol has really come into her own ever since her reintroduction as a permanent fixture in the Green Lantern universe. She's always been a much more versatile and well-rounded character than your typical token girlfriend, able to play the hard-driving career woman, empathetic heroine, or wicked villainess. While her depiction is admittedly quite exploitative at times, this is to be expected since sex appeal is intrinsically woven into her persona and is not entirely gratuitous, though of course it works best when kept within bounds of reason.
    Last edited by PwrdOn; 06-05-2017 at 10:56 AM.

She's the main reason i'm reading GL:New Guardians

Extraordinary Member

I love Carol Ferris

By the way....has anyone else noticed that when you type "Carol Ferris" or Carol Ferris and Hal Jordan" into Google Images, that you run into some..."provocative" pictures??

Extraordinary Member

A few other great images

Yes, I love them together. Sue me.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Carol has become an awesome lady over the last decade or so. I would happily read a solo book for her, if she ever got one.

I love how strong she is, and the Star Sapphire Corps is one of the most interesting of the new corps.

My only complaint about her right now is this nonsense with her and Kyle hooking up. But we all know that isn't going to last, so who cares?

Carol rocks!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Always Rakzo

I just came here to say that I love the sub-title of this thread!

And that I love Kyle/Carol, Justin Jordan has simply created a better chemistry for them than in Hal/Carol.

Kill me if you want!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    And that I love Kyle/Carol, Justin Jordan has simply created a better chemistry for them than in Hal/Carol.

Kill me if you want!
    Forever after Hal's seconds...

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Forever after Hal's seconds...
    "Seconds"?

BANNED

"Seconds"?
    Oh, it was a crack about Kyle being a Green Lantern after Hal, and then going for his ex.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Oh, it was a crack about Kyle being a Green Lantern after Hal, and then going for his ex.
    Oh thank God, for a second I thought we were valuing the worth of a person for who did her first!

Because that would make us cavemen.

I thought for sure one of my favorite comic covers would be posted here, especially given the thread's title: SUPERMAN 261.

261.jpg

Carol's great. I'd like to see her back on Earth and involved in earth-bound storylines, with or without Hal--and maybe even outside the GL titles altogether.

BANNED

Oh thank God, for a second I thought we were valuing the worth of a person for who did her first!

Because that would make us cavemen.
    Nah, that's a bit low-brow.

Extraordinary Member

I just came here to say that I love the sub-title of this thread!

Nope. A few jokey lines of dialogue between them for a few issues does not equal good chemistry. If anything, I was getting the vibe of a buddy cop relationship between them. I've honestly seen more sexually-charged chemistry between Superman and Batman. Should they hook up now?

Kill me if you want!
    Already sharpening my pitchfork. LOL

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    My only complaint about her right now is this nonsense with her and Kyle hooking up. But we all know that isn't going to last, so who cares?

Carol rocks!
    Amen! But, like you said, we all know it won't and shouldn't last.

For some odd reason, I really miss reading about married superheroes. Some of my favorite Spider-Man comics were from when he and Mary Jane were married, because we had to see Peter juggle the issues surrounding his marriage and the superhero stuff. It just adds so much more to the dynamic of the book, I think when the hero/heroine has a wife or husband waiting for them at home.

And now that Animal Man has been cancelled, I really can't find that anywhere. Aquaman and his marriage isn't the same. So, I was excited to see Carol and Hal settle down because it would add so many story possibilities. Hal and Carol could go have space adventures together....but would still have to make it back to Earth by 3:00 to pick up their kids from school . Corny, I know, but its just one of several possibilities.

Well, anyway, like you said, its probably not gonna last, because this ending...

...still needs to happen.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Nope. A few jokey lines of dialogue between them for a few issues does not equal good chemistry.
    It does actually, good conversations are the best samples of chemistry on any relationship.

If anything, I was getting the vibe of a buddy cop relationship between them. I've honestly seen more sexually-charged chemistry between Superman and Batman. Should they hook up now?
    Tell that to the fanfic writers.

Already sharpening my pitchfork. LOL
    You won't evet get me!