Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Well, maybe that's the point, though. They might just have it all explode when Hal finds out that Kyle is alive and that Carol and him are hooking up. And maybe in the fallout, they'll explore why exactly Carol broke it off with Hal...which will probably lead to a situation where she'll have to confront the realities of whether her and Kyle are really in love...or whether she just jumped into the arms of the first guy after Hal as sort of a rebound.

And, to be clear, I'm not saying this to devalue Kyle, because I like him, I really do.
    That may very well be.

Didn't the writer actually come on here recently and tell us that Carol's actions right now have more to do with CAROL than they do with Hal? Yeah, I'm thinking there's a larger story at work here, and I'm willing to be patient and let it unfold.

And yes, I agree with you: I like Kyle a whole lot. He's a great character and I enjoy reading about him. I suppose some of my unhappiness with this pairing comes from the fact that I think Kyle is better than this. I just don't see him getting all flirty with Carol RIGHT AFTER she just broke up with Hal and not even asking any questions about what they're doing. It just doesn't seem quite......right, to me. For Kyle or for Carol.

But again, larger story. Have patience. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

In short, Kyle broke the Bro Code by going after Carol just after she broke up with Hal.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    You may find this shocking, but not EVERYONE believes that making a character into a thundering ******* automatically makes him/her into a better character.

I was never a huge Cyclops fan. He was often boring and kind of a douche. But I liked him better when he was with Jean. His relationship with her was the one thing he seemed to get right. Also? He may have been a boring douche, but I'll take a boring douche over an unfeeling martinet who trains CHILDREN to kill.

Now? After he cheated on Jean with an amoral bitch? After he made out with said amoral bitch literally OVER JEAN'S DEAD BODY? After he then went into a spiraling nosedive from the moral, upright person that he once was to this unlikable, borderline psychotic douchebag that he is today? No, I really don't give a crap about him anymore. And I'm not sure I ever will.

Deal with it.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 05-11-2014 at 09:52 AM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Well, I have some pics to throw in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Exactly.

It came out of nowhere. Carol and Kyle have NEVER in their entire history been shown as being REMOTELY attracted to each other. Then? Suddenly? Carol breaks up with Hal out of nowhere and she and Kyle start flirting and circling each other in a romantic sort of way. Hell, Carol's ring somehow views Kyle as her True Love, or whatever, just out of the freaking blue? Where the Hell did THAT come from?

I also don't care how long they've been flirting, the flirting came out of NOWHERE and it has YET to be explained. It also just feels wrong because it happened hot on the heels of Carol dumping Hal. If they'd waited a year, and just had Kyle and Carol being friends, with no romantic overtones whatsoever, and THEN had them start getting romantic, it would make more sense. But as it stands, they just had Carol throw away one relationship and practically jump right to another one for no good reason.
    I guess it was a bit galling coming only a couple issues after this scene...

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    In short, Kyle broke the Bro Code by going after Carol just after she broke up with Hal.
    You'd think Kyle Rayner a child of the 90s would respect the Bro Code. You Broke the Bro Code Kyle, YOU BROKE IT!

Extraordinary Member

Now? After he cheated on Jean with an amoral bitch?
    Wasn't it just a psychic affair, though? They never actually did anything until after Jean was gone, did they?

Sorry, I'm not exactly caught up some old X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Wasn't it just a psychic affair, though? They never actually did anything until after Jean was gone, did they?

Sorry, I'm not exactly caught up some old X-Men comics.
    Yes. They had sex in their minds. In a comics world, where telepathy is real? That's pretty much the same thing as doing it for real. Add the fact that both Cyclops AND Emma are well aware of how intimate telepathic intercourse (not even necessarily SEXUAL intercourse) is, PLUS the fact that Scott had a long-established psychic rapport with Jean, which he then violated by sharing the same thing with another woman? And if anything, what they did was MORE of an insult to Scott's relationship with Jean than if they had "merely" ground their bodies together for a few hours.

THEN, add Scott and Emma making out over Jean's dead body after she had only been dead for.....what, a day? Yeah. I rest my case.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 05-11-2014 at 10:06 AM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Ugh, let us not pollute this thread with talk of Cyclops, I think everyone can agree that he sucks.

On a cheerier note, I thought Carol's portrayal in the recent GL:TAS was quite good, though I would have liked to see her play a bigger role. Seems odd that they bothered to hire the voice of Commander Shepard to play her in a space operatic setting, yet mostly kept her confined as a passive love interest.

Yes. They had sex in their minds. In a comics world, where telepathy is real? That's pretty much the same thing as doing it for real. Add the fact that both Cyclops AND Emma are well aware of how intimate telepathic intercourse (not even necessarily SEXUAL intercourse) is, PLUS the fact that Scott had a long-established psychic rapport with Jean, which he then violated by sharing the same thing with another woman? And if anything, what they did was MORE of an insult to Scott's relationship with Jean than if they had "merely" ground their bodies together for a few hours.

THEN, add Scott and Emma making out over Jean's dead body after she had only been dead for.....what, a day? Yeah. I rest my case.
    In Scott's defense he was suffering from PTSD after being possessed by Apocalypse so it's more of a case of Emma taking advantage of his vulnerable state to start an affair. There's a reason relationship between therapists and their patients are frowned upon in the real world

In Scott's defense, he was suffering from PTSD after being possessed by Apocalypse so it's more like Emma took advantage of an emotionally vulnerable patient. There's a reason such relationships are considered unethical.

Double post

Always Rakzo

Hey guys, I just came back from my naptime and...

... the hell happened here?

See? This is what happens when we go into shipping wars!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Ugh, let us not pollute this thread with talk of Cyclops, I think everyone can agree that he sucks.
    Cyke is awesome, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Cyke is awesome, go away.
    He was pretty cool until he left Maddy Pryor for Jean.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    He was pretty cool until he left Maddy Pryor for Jean.
    I don't even know who that is.