Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I don't even know who that is.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Always Rakzo

I don't even know who that is.
    Jean Grey's clone.

Cyke's relationships are... complicated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Jean Grey's clone.

Oh yeah, one of those characters. I kinda keep her in a sort of limbo status in my knowledge of the Marvel universe, which I suppose is the same place Marvel keep her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Jean Grey's clone.

Too complicated to be contained by the Marvel boards alone, apparently. I think Carol would find a lot of common ground with Madelyne though, between their pilot backgrounds, worthless love interests, and affinity for thigh high boots.

Ultimate Member

Oh yeah, one of those characters. I kinda keep her in a sort of limbo status in my knowledge of the Marvel universe, which I suppose is the same place Marvel keep her.
    Nope. They just brought her back recently as part of a new Sisterhood or Mutants.

Extraordinary Member

Wow, who would have thought that an appreciation thread about Carol Ferris, a DC character, would have led to a discussion about Cyclops' relationships with Jean Grey, Madelyne Pryor, and Emma Frost...

PICTURE TIME!!!

What is that third pic from, Zeeguy91?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    What is that third pic from, Zeeguy91?
    Pretty sure its from the Elseworlds, JLA: Another Nail. Could be wrong on that, though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Pretty sure its from the Elseworlds, JLA: Another Nail. Could be wrong on that, though.
    Yes it is.

BANNED

This thread wouldn't really be complete without this cover in there somewhere:

It's actually interesting that people bring up Emma Frost, since for all her talk of being a liberated woman in command of her sexuality, she spends the majority of her panel time being mocked and abused by every man that crosses her path. Indeed, Carol is a much better example of what Emma purports to be, someone who knows how to use her looks to her advantage without demeaning herself and can just as easily flip the switch back into respectability and legitimacy when required.

I've always thought the Johns era Star Sapphire costume was terrible. I prefer either the Nu52 design or the classic Kane design, though I also liked her spiked 90's look too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I've always thought the Johns era Star Sapphire costume was terrible. I prefer either the Nu52 design or the classic Kane design, though I also liked her spiked 90's look too.
    That costume was bad mostly because they thought it was a good idea to have the neckline drop below her navel. Variations of it that give her an actual top, like in the GL:TAS, look quite nice in my opinion. The New 52 design is definitely an improvement, though some parts of it are still questionable. I mean, what's the deal with the kneepads? My favorite look for her was in the Justice League cartoon, though that version of the character was barely fleshed out and didn't have a backstory to speak of, so it may not have even been Carol, not the least because she spoke with a British accent.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I love Carol for all the reasons the OP mentioned. Though, there is one thing I'm curious about...Has it ever been mentioned as to why she's such a paragon for the Star Sapphires outside of her relationship with Hal?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That costume was bad mostly because they thought it was a good idea to have the neckline drop below her navel. Variations of it that give her an actual top, like in the GL:TAS, look quite nice in my opinion. The New 52 design is definitely an improvement, though some parts of it are still questionable. I mean, what's the deal with the kneepads? My favorite look for her was in the Justice League cartoon, though that version of the character was barely fleshed out and didn't have a backstory to speak of, so it may not have even been Carol, not the least because she spoke with a British accent.

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be the Deborah Darnell incarnation for Star Sapphire.