Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I love Carol for all the reasons the OP mentioned. Though, there is one thing I'm curious about...Has it ever been mentioned as to why she's such a paragon for the Star Sapphires outside of her relationship with Hal?
    The connection between her Star Sapphire status and Hal Jordan was actually a retcon introduced by Johns. In the original canon, the Zamarons chose her as their queen because they had a tradition that required all of their rulers to look exactly alike, and Carol just so happened to fit the bill. In fact, the Zamarons actually demanded that she leave Hal behind because he was a man and therefore worthless in their eyes. Carol objected to this and was determined to prove Hal's worth by purposely losing to him in a fight, which in turn led to the Zamarons abandoning her because clearly a woman who could be beaten by a mere man was not worthy of being their queen. Now at this point you might be wondering if there was another Star Sapphire Queen out there who just so happened to be a Carol doppelganger that she would have to battle at some point, and, this being comics, of course there was. This page gives a nice summary:

Last edited by PwrdOn; 05-11-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I love Carol for all the reasons the OP mentioned. Though, there is one thing I'm curious about...Has it ever been mentioned as to why she's such a paragon for the Star Sapphires outside of her relationship with Hal?
    I believe it was because she was the first one they choose.

BANNED

The exciting conclusion....

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Wow, who would have thought that an appreciation thread about Carol Ferris, a DC character, would have led to a discussion about Cyclops' relationships with Jean Grey, Madelyne Pryor, and Emma Frost...

PICTURE TIME!!!

It should be illegal to be this hot(First picture).

BANNED

Curiously enough, there is some precedent for a Kyle/Carol relationship. In the Elseworlds story Evil's Might, set in the 1800s, Carol plays a feisty suffragette who ditches her douchey police inspector boyfriend for a struggling artist turned hero of the masses. Of course, this romance has a tragic ending, but going against expectation it's actually Kyle that dies at the end leaving Carol to take on the Green Lantern mantle in his stead.

BANNED

Always Appreciate Carol Ferris and her role in Hal's life, the bad thing is just like Hal alot or writers don't get her and tend to write her as unlikable and annoying which shouldn't be the case. I really think they got here right in the cartoon and Johns had done a good job with here before the New 52 relaunch.

Is she going out with Kyle now?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    Is she going out with Kyle now?
    Yep!

Diez.

Quote Originally Posted by rakzo View Post
    yep!

Diez.
    yessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go kyle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Yep!

Diez.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Classy.

Diez.
    Hehehehehe
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Always Rakzo

Is just that I never thought I would see a Carol Ferris thread with vomit on it.

BANNED

I think the inimitable Ms. Ferris is being under appreciated in her own thread...

Think. She took over her father's company and ran it at least competently. In the Silver Age, this was in an era when the number of large companies run by women could be counted on one hand (and have room left over). And by recent accounts, THIS IS NOT HER PASSION. She loves piloting a hell of a lot more.

To put up with the sexism of business peers and competitors, to compete in this competitive arena, and to do as a duty and not a passion...well, that strikes me as that Carol is a formidable person that is continually being underestimated.

Carol is a great character. I'd like to get her pulled out of the Green Lantern realm for a bit as I think she'd be an excellent addition to the Justice League. She's smart, brave, resourceful, a skilled pilot , etc.

She needs to be on team where she can become more of an individual.