Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default So, Batman defeated Superman again

Did ayone else read Batman 36? Nice job Scott, what an idea!
    I'm getting tired of this more and more. Superman couldn't have one issue where he fights the league? That would be cool

So instead of Batman beating up Superman, you want Superman to beat up everyone else? Regardless, its still FFFAAARRRR less annoying than the trite Marvel has turned Iron Man vs Captain America into since Civil War.

Amazing Member

Eh, Superman destroy Batman's billion dollar battle suit and had to resort to a sneak attack of spitting kryptonite dust gum in Superman eyes.

I think The Flash and Aquaman defeats was mush worse showings.
    Last edited by Primemao; 11-13-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrolo2 View Post
    So instead of Batman beating up Superman, you want Superman to beat up everyone else? Regardless, its still FFFAAARRRR less annoying than the trite Marvel has turned Iron Man vs Captain America into since Civil War.
    Batman doing it is overdone. Superman rarely fights the league or a lot of superheroes at same time

Quote Originally Posted by Primemao View Post
    Eh, Superman destroy Batman's billion dollar battle suit and had to resort to a sneak attack of spitting krypton dust gum in Superman eyes.

I think The Flash and Aquaman defeats was mush worse showings.
    Yeah krypton dust gum. Genius.
    Of course Superman showing wasn't bad compared to others, but it was bad. It's fucking Superman. Better yet, it's the fucking Justice League. Being defeated by a single dude.

Incredible Member

The reason these fights/victories are always popular is that the trope of 'under powered hero defeating a powerful threat' will never lose popularity.

I admit that I do like it when Batman triumphs in situations like these. There is a feeling of excitement, particularly when you read stories like DKR, Hush, or any of the animated series.

But yeah, there comes a point where the sadness of Superman looking like a chump eclipses any 'wow' factor in seeing Batman win. There needs to be an Anti-'Injustice' tale.

Superman ended up in the hospital with the rest of the league so I count that as a loss

It's hard to root for DC when they seem to hate their own characters (except Batman) for some reason

Amazing Member

The Justice League are in the hospital because of Joker's plot device toxin.

Its Batman's own title, so I don't care. The main protagonist should come out on top in his own title. Whether its contrived or not is another story but all in all still don't really care. Stuff like this only bothers me if its in Justice League or some other team book.

BANNED

The biggest alpha male in comics always gets reduced to this. Its alright to tell a tale of an underdog, sure. But theres just a lack of caring for Superman.

Even Clarks persona has been quite... strange and not what it was. He even looks like hipster now.

Oh well I guess, nothing you can do.

This is....wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its Batman's own title, so I don't care. The main protagonist should come out on top in his own title. Whether its contrived or not is another story but all in all still don't really care. Stuff like this only bothers me if its in Justice League or some other team book.
    Looks at Superman Unchained for Snyder's batman love.

Nah, I'm too busy reading the good ones (Action and Superman).

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Nah, I'm too busy reading the good ones (Action and Superman).
    Its still a Superbook...so yeah