Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I agree re: Opena. He was a huge part of the success of UXF, in addition to the more high profile cast with Wolverine and Deadpool on the team.

His art inspired me to pick up the pad and pencil again and improve my skills. The detail, the expressions and his ability to create a scene was on a league of his own.

I am excited to see him and Dean White back with Remender on UA. It even has Betsy involved. The closest we will get to a UXF reunion.

If they do revamp XF, I would like to see Betsy on with X23. Really want to see that relationship explored since they returned from the Savage Land.

Wait, what? I didn't know he was doing some upcoming issues of Uncanny Avengers. I thought it was Remender and Acuna.

Also, when were Betsy and X-23 in the Savage Land? Must've missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Wait, what? I didn't know he was doing some upcoming issues of Uncanny Avengers. I thought it was Remender and Acuna.

Also, when were Betsy and X-23 in the Savage Land? Must've missed that.
    Yes, it's a graphic novel. So not sure how it ties into continuity but it may not have Psylocke. I think she is going to be in Axis and this story looks as if it's not a part of that event.

http://blurppy.com/2014/11/07/get-yo...of-ultron-ogn/

Betsy and X-23 were together and bonded nicely in the very first arc when Betsy was brought back. Uncanny X-Men 455 I believe. Storms team was brought in to bring Betsy back. On the way back there was a pit stop at the Savage Land. X-23 had some awesome moments with Psylocke and was even enamored by her a bit. Some of the scenes had her mimicking Betsy's movements and posture as well. They had a brief reconnection in Messiah Conplex but it was short but sweet.

Oh, yeah, that's a graphic novel but it won't feature the Uncanny Avengers. It's the boring, normal Avengers (no X-characters). I got excited for a minute thinking that Opena was going to be rotating on UA with Acuna, and that he'd be drawing the new team (with Sabretooth, Quicksilver, Vision, Brother VooDoo, etc.).

As for Betsy and X-23, I remember that now. But it was so long ago I doubt any writer will revisit it. You never know, though.

Yes, I got confused. Must have read an article about UA which is going to feature Psylocke and Future Magistrate. I apologize.... ={... I too am disappointed.

It's true, it was quite some time ago. It's just one of those moments when two characters mesh and you understand why. They have a lot in common.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    She's not cold blooded really. I'd say it's more of a "disconnect" an after effect from diving in the minds and seeing ugly truths of the world..... add in the "swan in the pond" description SISpurr gave us about betsy and this preview accurately describes betsy currently. I'm with slacker as I do feel sad for betsy...just a tad though.
    I'm with you guys. EVer since Betsy came to the X-men, and even when in England, she'd seen some pretty ugly things in peoples heads, even being connected to Tom Lennox when he died, and witnessing the mental onslaught of the Jaspers warp. Her safeguards are always high, even when she and Rogue/Carol walked through New York, the many minds took their toll. I think having started a lot later than most Telepaths have led her to be this way. Most started when they were teens, and Betsy around 26 when she got her Telepathy. So others can block out things much easier, but she's always been shown to go much Deeper into peoples heads than other Telepaths also.

So I do feel for her, but not so much. It's making for great drama.

BANNED

DEBBIE>>>>>>>DOWNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
    It's like a bad infection, crops up in every Psylocke related thread...

Ultimate Member

I'd only be a downer if the book was selling well and only talked about cancellation, when the book is on the edge of cancellation bringing it up and not pie in the sky hoping for stories that would take months and months is now being a downer, it's reality...many here would just rather ignore reality.

Logan, I do have to ask, with a book you don't read with characters you don't like and sure of its imminent failure why do you always end up in threads discussing it? Or dash the hopes of upcoming storylines for a book that people want to enjoy? It's like when people go against your hopes of a rekindling of the Warren/Betsy courtship. That kind of is being a Debbie downer.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd only be a downer if the book was selling well and only talked about cancellation, when the book is on the edge of cancellation bringing it up and not pie in the sky hoping for stories that would take months and months is now being a downer, it's reality...many here would just rather ignore reality.
    No one is ignoring reality. We are all well aware that the book is in cancelation range. We however wish to enjoy the book while its still around. Regardless of sales numbers it is a well written book that far outdoes the other Xbooks in quality.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I hope after this series that Psylocke joins the cast of Wolverines and rekindles her romance with Sabretooth. That way we can read about it weekly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    No one is ignoring reality. We are all well aware that the book is in cancelation range. We however wish to enjoy the book while its still around. Regardless of sales numbers it is a well written book that far outdoes the other Xbooks in quality.
    I'd say telling me that Spurrier will get to this or that when you don't know that the book will even last long enough for him to is believing what you want to believe, he could have storylines for years but if the book gets cancelled it doesn't matter what he's trying to do only what he does end up actually doing. It seems that I'm the only one that's critical of anything, no writer is perfect...and so far not many if any of you have admitted that he's done anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd say telling me that Spurrier will get to this or that when you don't know that the book will even last long enough for him to is believing what you want to believe, he could have storylines for years but if the book gets cancelled it doesn't matter what he's trying to do only what he does end up actually doing. It seems that I'm the only one that's critical of anything, no writer is perfect...and so far not many if any of you have admitted that he's done anything wrong.
    I never said a thing about Spurrier wrapping this or that up. All I said was that the book is well written. Just because you personally dont like the direction hes taking the characters doesnt make the book or the writing bad. I like what hes doing and enjoy the book. I can and have been critical (anything Bendis writes for example) but I dont find any faults with Spurriers run on Xforce.

Its personal opinion. I like it and you dont. Its just that simple.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

When someone is blocked, they should also be blocked if someone quotes them...... Any thread Psylocke is in. The mighty villian Mr. Cynical must come in and spew hate all over it. So tired of it......