Fantastic Member

Default Deep State #1 by BOOM Studios

Did anyone else pick this up?

I decided to give the first issue a chance when I read the preview for it and I'm certainly glad that I did. It sets up the two main characters effectively and efficiently with you getting an idea about what Branch is like within only 2 pages. It quickly gives up the setting for the book and moves into the first case they'll work on as the clean up crew in keeping sensitive matters secret from the public.

I thought this was a miniseries initially and am very glad to see it's an ongoing. The art's pretty spot on, although it's not following the traditional super-hero fare and it's a good fit for the book itself.

What did other people think?
    Currently Reading
    Amazing Spider-Man, Avengers, Avenging Spider-Man, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, FF, Journey Into Mystery, New Avengers, New Mutants, Scarlet Spider, Venom, Wolverine, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics Ultimates, Ultimate Comics X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men

Incredible Member

I loved it!! Totally agree with your assessment. This is safely on my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I loved it!! Totally agree with your assessment. This is safely on my pull list.
    Seconded.......