Page 4 of 776 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    He should stay the same age, but there's a chance he won't. Given that Robin Rises is an arc spanning over half a year,

Maybe he'll form a friendship with the new Wally, as they're in the same age bracket (though I hate that change).
    Depends on how old but new Wally is teenager. Lois' niece was it has powers. Besides that I am drawing a total blank of who has powers anywhere close to his age range. Beast Boy as well I guess. Jenny Q can get dragged out of the whole.

He will always be the same age provided DC does not do any time jumps or reboots (which they will because they do one every decade or so).

The new Wally is 12 years old, so he's only 2 years older than Damian when he died.

And I agree with Necromancer, Seeley should take over Batman and Robin. Tomasi has been writing that book for years now, and he's only produced a couple good stories, with most of them being just mediocre and dull.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    The new Wally is 12 years old, so he's only 2 years older than Damian when he died.

And I agree with Necromancer, Seeley should take over Batman and Robin. Tomasi has been writing that book for years now, and he's only produced a couple good stories, with most of them being just mediocre and dull.
    His run itself has decent moments, but it's just... every single issue where he writes Damian, I cringe at some line and think "Damian doesn't talk like that". The Annual is probably the only time it didn't do that.

The first issue of the DotF tie-in was pretty decent, as were some moments in the Robins squabbling arc and in the Nobody arc, but he also gave Damian stock psychological issues, he relied way too much on his personal father/son relationship when Bruce & Damian never even had anything approaching a regular father/son relationship nor really ever expressed desire for it, and a lot of cheap emotional moments to try and give some impact (the silent issue for example, which I thought was pretty good right up until the letter which didn't even make sense considering the rush Damian had to be in to leave the Batcave. Ultimately the entire issue didn't match up to that one spread of Bruce roaring in the Batcave). Eventually dropped the book after the god-awful Red Hood & Frankenstein issues, which just served to destroy all the progress made in Jason and Bruce's relationship and set Jason along on that terrible amnesia sub-plot, and turned Bruce into a lunatic.

I think the most beloved thing from his run is Titus the dog, and incidentally Morrison really hated his introduction.
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 05-05-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    I have a vague hope that Seeley might be able to get him right due to his clear affection for the Morrison run (he also wrote a pretty good Lord Death Man). Of course, Seeley won't actually be writing Batman & Robin...
    He should write some kind of Dick and Damian book, at the very least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    He should write some kind of Dick and Damian book, at the very least.
    Dick and Damian had the best chemistry I've seen in comics buddy-pairing in a many decades.

Ultimate Member

Yes, they're brother-like relationship was really cool. I also really liked Damian's interactions with Stephanie and Rose Wilson as well.

BANNED

I loved it that Damian is such a total SNOT. But I think Tim will be brought back as Robin and drop the Red because the Omega arc doesn't have time to properly resurrect Damian. It bothers me that Tim is Bruce's favorite, even beyond his own flesh-and-blood son.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

To Mr. Holmes, sorry about my comments if I came off as snarky or anything. I thought you were actually referencing all the pictures of Tim with the girls in his thread. Moving along.

Oddly I do think Damian would get along with Loki and Al, for various reasons. Bonding over cats, the best way to bond. And regarding the whole relationship with the other robins, I think it seems to go like: Dick =Cool older brother that he respects for various reasons, Jason =Brother that is a hot head but sees him as a partner, Tim =Brother who is the closest in age thus a rival for parental affections, Steph =Sister who protects him, Cass =I don't recall their interaction much, same with Babs. Helena...I really wish we had more time with her since she and Damian share blood in a weird way.

Also if they do bring him back, I'm not sure if Dick would take on the role of the mentor as he's playing Spy games right now. *sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I loved it that Damian is such a total SNOT. But I think Tim will be brought back as Robin and drop the Red because the Omega arc doesn't have time to properly resurrect Damian. It bothers me that Tim is Bruce's favorite, even beyond his own flesh-and-blood son.
    That whole Snot thing kind of annoyed me when he first showed up, because it came off as way too snotty. Actually Tim isn't Bruce's favorite, that would be Dick. And it's Bruce, it's hard for him to have a normal relationship with the only two people who are sort of parental to him in the first place, it's no wonder that his relationship with Bruce is messed up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    To Mr. Holmes, sorry about my comments if I came off as snarky or anything. I thought you were actually referencing all the pictures of Tim with the girls in his thr

Oddly I do think Damian would get along with Loki and Al, for various reasons. Bonding over cats, the best way to bond. And regarding the whole relationship with the other robins, I think it seems to go like: Dick =Cool older brother that he respects for various reasons, Jason =Brother that is a hot head but sees him as a partner, Tim =Brother who is the closest in age thus a rival for parental affections, Steph =Sister who protects him, Cass =I don't recall their interaction much, same with Babs. Helena...I really wish we had more time with her since she and Damian share blood in a weird way.

Good ranking. I wish they'd concentrate on the family aspect.

Also if they do bring him back, I'm not sure if Dick would take on the role of the mentor as he's playing Spy games right now. *sighs*

Dick won't be back as long as Didio is in the driver's seat.

That whole Snot thing kind of annoyed me when he first showed up, because it came off as way too snotty. Actually Tim isn't Bruce's favorite, that would be Dick. And it's Bruce, it's hard for him to have a normal relationship with the only two people who are sort of parental to him in the first place, it's no wonder that his relationship with Bruce is messed up.
    I think it's very obvious that Tim is Bruce's favorite. Bruce's behavior when Tim quit was totally creepy obsessed, weirded me out. Damian SHOULD be the favorite as the "baby" of the family and the biological son.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

It was about as weird as when Dick first quit. Just because Damian is his son doesn't mean that Bruce should at all play favorites. It's partly because of that mentality that Jason got killed.

Back onto Damian, So has anyone have any thoughts on how Damian was in the Son of Batman movie?

BANNED

I have two dogs, and I am VERY careful not to show favoritism: As border collies, they're very perceptive down to the very level of one getting a larger Milkbone than the other. How much more, then, would human kids feel when one sibling is clearly the preferred one? Bruce adopted Jason and not Dick, so that's okay? Then he adopts Tim before his parents (and Jason) are even cold in their graves? Then his own biological child turns up and he STILL puts Tim first. The reason it happens is because Didio puts Tim first and so doesn't even think about how rotten this makes Bruce look.

But, going back to Damian, I thought he was hilarious in the Son of Batman movie. I hope Damian gets more screen time so that DC will be forced to bring him back soon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    To Mr. Holmes, sorry about my comments if I came off as snarky or anything. I thought you were actually referencing all the pictures of Tim with the girls in his thread. Moving along.
    What? Not at all, I just didn't want to derail the thread.

I think it's very obvious that Tim is Bruce's favorite. Bruce's behavior when Tim quit was totally creepy obsessed, weirded me out. Damian SHOULD be the favorite as the "baby" of the family and the biological son.

Probably because Tim is the one that acts closest to Bruce out of the Robins. And that's actually why I don't really like him.

Damian is his flesh and blood, but it's also more awkward because of the circumstances of his birth. And New 52 B&R shows how rough their dynamic is, it's certainly not the same as Dick and Damian.
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-07-2014 at 08:08 AM.

BANNED

DC Editorial is the most vested in Tim--hence he will always come out ahead of the others.

Amazing Member

I love Damian, he's probably my favourite Robin and to be honest I'd rather they didn't kill him off. This is going to sound really, really dumb but I grew up with Tim. I was a kid when Tim came into the comics and over the years Tim's aged from a young teenager to a young adult and I loved the character as a result. When Damian was brought into the comics, it coincided with the birth of my little brother and I was really looking forwards to watching Damian grow up at the same time as my brother.

I mean, I am sure Damian will be back but his death was really disappointing.

Ultimate Member

DC Editorial is the most vested in Tim--hence he will always come out ahead of the others.
    Yeah, that's why they've been undermining his character ever since the New 52 started over in TT.