Page 475 of 776 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 11633

Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    Out of topic but does anyone here pay attention to current main Batman book? Bruce is telling Selina all about that one time he supposedly killed [spoiler] in cold blood if he wasn't stopped by [spoiler] as a bonding experience and I am. SO. MAD! Even so long after reading it because if anyone deserved to hear that kind of story it was his assassin raised son who he kept putting down since he was 9 for doing the only thing he was taught to do. Damian is literally the only person with whom Bruce opening up about that kind of shit would make sense. If it didn't happen in B&R it shouldn't be happening ever again with anyone else, let alone Catwoman. Hell, even Jason would make more sense. The timing for that nonsense sailed already.

Ugh. But this arc on top of "I am Suicide" one just goes to prove current writer wants to leave his mark on Batman history, not by PENNING shocking details or artfully flipping perspectives on what exists but taking a HAMMER to all that was built for decades. Just adding random shit for shock value like a savage with no heed to his past or legacy or FAMILY in the name of making Batman his own. Here's me hoping that book is declared be out of contunity or its Batman turns out to be a clone all along. God knows that would make more sense than what we have now. Please someone unperson all current Bat writers from continuity. They respect nothing.
    That was a mess. King's Batman is .... different. That arc changed a lot about who Batman is. The fact Bruce regrets more not the deaths or the Robins who died for his course is shocking. King doesn't get Batman which is understandable since he is more of a Nightwing fan. He also cares more about sensation than the character. I mean why would Bruce even think that this info would sway Selina? Selina cares for Bruce not Batman. Talia is the one that cares about Batman and the one that might judge him unworthy if she found out Batman was made by the Joker.
    King has great ideas but his Batman isn't impressive.

I don't mind the Damian thing since this is new addition to batman's history honestly I'm hoping it gets retconed asap.

After Nobody. Damian's eyes stopping Bruce from killing the guy [he was already in the process holding him in that acid pool] Bruce being so understanding when Damian finished the job. I think Bruce already did a stellar job on that issue. It not an issue anymore Bruce trust Damian so I'm okay with it. Though I'm not okay with the type of hero King's portraying Batman as.

King is a good writer. A very good writer. His Mr Miracle is amazing, Vision, Omega Men , Grayson all wonderful but his Batman is hit and miss.
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-15-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Oh boy.
    Bruce feelings over Damian change according to the writting, i think that something extreme would need to happen to do a heart to heart beetween the 2, specially because Bruce hates to be seem as emotionally weak.
    When did they change? It's pretty much been the same since Batman and Robin.
    Synder's Batman
    King's Batman
    Nightwing
    Percy's Green Arrow
    Superman
    Supersons
    The Holiday issue
    Teen Titans
    Batman Beyond
    Robin Son of Batman
    The Shadow/ Batman
    Batman/ Tmnt
    Metal
    Dark Knight

All different writers same dad who loves and cares for his child. Though less interactions in Rebirth Bruce's feelings are made very clear [even more so than prior to Rebirth] in the precious few panels they've shared or when Bruce talks about Damian.
    Even Tom Taylor in Injustice has him reaching out to Damian Morrision is the writer who wrote Bruce as wary/suspicious but even that changed.
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-15-2017 at 04:15 PM.

I haven't been following main Bat books fully since flashpoint(bc lack of family) but it really feels like they keep riding on Batman's coattails as an established badass and wrecking what was already established when they can't come up with anything original since the reboot. I try to judge storylines with whether they would work if they didn't have an existing hero's fame attached to it and Bat books never have any storytelling value on their own lately. That or they just copy previous writers and hope the readers are idiots with goldfish memory.

And boy maybe they should go back and check some of the most successful Batman stories, plenty of which had pretty contained stories and smaller cast like Killing Joke or Death in the Family. No, all they took away from those are *insert Joker everywhere for instant success* while shitting on Joker's credibility as a villain. Then again it make sense they don't want to do tight knit stories since they can barely keep (their version of)Bruce himself straight. God forbid they try character driven stories instead of throwing around big distractions and calling them stories.
    They are following Morrison though King's Batman is also character driven. I enjoyed Morrison and Synder. King isn't anywhere near their level but his run has a daytime soap water cooler ting to it that keeps me interested.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianBane View Post
    Bruce’s needs a parenting coach lol
    Well he's got Dick and Clark on speed dial
    Bruce needs counselling or writer's like Tomasi who enjoy writing parental relationships but it would require a separate title because the main Bat titles should be at least 80% pure batmaning imo.

Out of topic but does anyone here pay attention to current main Batman book? Bruce is telling Selina all about that one time he supposedly killed [spoiler] in cold blood if he wasn't stopped by [spoiler] as a bonding experience and I am. SO. MAD! Even so long after reading it because if anyone deserved to hear that kind of story it was his assassin raised son who he kept putting down since he was 9 for doing the only thing he was taught to do. Damian is literally the only person with whom Bruce opening up about that kind of shit would make sense. If it didn't happen in B&R it shouldn't be happening ever again with anyone else, let alone Catwoman. Hell, even Jason would make more sense. The timing for that nonsense sailed already.

Ugh. But this arc on top of "I am Suicide" one just goes to prove current writer wants to leave his mark on Batman history, not by PENNING shocking details or artfully flipping perspectives on what exists but taking a HAMMER to all that was built for decades. Just adding random shit for shock value like a savage with no heed to his past or legacy or FAMILY in the name of making Batman his own. Here's me hoping that book is declared be out of contunity or its Batman turns out to be a clone all along. God knows that would make more sense than what we have now. Please someone unperson all current Bat writers from continuity. They respect nothing.
    I don't read Batman and this post makes me think that I've made a good choice.
    The titles I'm currently still reading are all Damian-related books (except Injustice 2) and Superman and Action Comics.
    (Though I'm planning to continue reading Green Arrow from where I left off)
    Last edited by fanfan13; 10-15-2017 at 11:44 PM.

I don't think Bruce would share that story with his sons and I don't mind him not using it with Damian. Damian saw Bruce about to kill The look in Damian's eyes he gets it. He saw his father lust for blood and watched him pull back at the last second so he knows Bruce understands. He saw that you can get the urge but you can also stop.

That scene is more powerful and more apt than the tripe King served up.

King's Batman is disappointing especially compared to the amazing stuff that is his Mr Miracle. How can he be so good on one title and suck so much on another.
    If this Batman was Dick Bats I bet King will be hitting home runs with every issue

WELLCOME, GOOD AVATAR, I AM FAN OF RSOB TOO, YOU CAN SEE THAT IN MY AVATAR..

I see batman sometimes, few times(good work King).. This of the batxcat.. Nothing against Selina(better than Talia, Damian killer) but I never wanted batman married.. Another time without batman..

The same that Snyder(except that I saw all his run, good work here) creating Duke(now creating Gotham Girl(nothing against her) for marry her with him...) and Harper.. My work is the only important, the rest.. NO MATTER. And this man want work here during 100 ISSUES.. A TRUE NIGHTMARE.

Currently, Robin is more times in Super comics like Superman(thanks gleason) or Supersons than in batcomics(nightwing, now shadow/batman).. Damn Snyder and King..

DETECTIVE COMICS IS THE TRUE BATMAN COMIC NOW..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-16-2017 at 05:02 AM.

How welcoming Batman is to Synder and King's pets will forever kill me when I can still remember how he originally treated Stephanie Brown, his own son and many others who wanted to join his crusade in the past. Saved his life or not, real Batman's first reaction to Gotham and Gotham girl would've been being an ungrateful ass and telling them to go home or get the hell out of his city and do something about those uncontrollable powers. Not singing them praises or risking bringing down Bane on Gotham City. If Batman was willing to go to those lengths he would've done it for, idk, Jason while he was on Lazarus High. Not these virtual strangers who were honestly asking for it.

And frick he might not be my favorite Robin but Tim Drake alone would've been capable of wrapping up the superheavy arc single handedly and still make it home for dinner. Instead of, yanno, turning it into a Duke fest like Gotham isn't teeming with Bat themed vigilantes OR rogue gallery team ups that could've jumped in on the action. I held my breath for Poison Ivy anyminutenow and got more Duke Thomas. Again.

.... He treated bad Steph? Who Snyder or King?

BAD... I am fan of Steph.. I read all her batgirl volume and another old comics with her, even I followed all her appearances in comics during N52 and rebirth(except the last batgirlxbirds of prey, bad comic now) until now..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-16-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Batman was really not so nice to Steph and kept ordering her off the streets back when she was first introduced. I give him some leeway on that bc too many things about Steph would've reminded of Jason and triggered his trauma so early after his death but one of my favorite things about Steph is how she rose above that to be a badass anyway. Meanwhile all these Synder and King pets get cooed over like Batsy doesn't have half a dozen kids of his own drowning in their issues and could really use some fatherly validation.

one of my favorite things about Steph is how she rose above that to be a badass anyway. Meanwhile all these Synder and King pets get cooed over like Batsy doesn't have half a dozen kids of his own drowning in their issues and could really use some fatherly validation.
    I like that too... Damn, Snyder pets..

I like see her happy or smiling too.. I consider Steph one special character, she gives me HOPE.. Talking about this, this is about the batgirl steph volume:

Dustin Nguyen says: http://duss005.tumblr.com/post/87471...r-batgirl-with

When I first started on covers for Batgirl with Bryan, his one request was to always have Steph smiling, even in uncertain times. Here’s our little Batgirl swinging off to her last issue. Thanks everyone for the support, I was only on for a few issues, but am proud to have been a part of Bryan’s team.
    This post is in Stephanie brown appreciation.. Anyway, despite this bad year for her without Tim Drake.. She will be in Young Justice Season 3 in 2018. thanks YJ team for remember her(with only 1 appearance in season 2) after 5 years without YJ..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-16-2017 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Wow, I really like this artwork

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Wow, I really like this artwork