Page 511 of 776 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 11633

Those are great Damian arts dietrich! Who is this Mellerio guy? How was he able to draw alongside David Finch? And I'm intrigued by the second arts featuring two boys there (one is definitely Damian, the other one is?) and the context surrounding them.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    Those are great Damian arts dietrich! Who is this Mellerio guy? How was he able to draw alongside David Finch? And I'm intrigued by the second arts featuring two boys there (one is definitely Damian, the other one is?) and the context surrounding them.
    Sorry forgot to tag it. It's a Supersons comic unsure of the full context but Jon goes bad and Damian tries to bring him around but fails. The second is Damian and Jason where Damian saves Jason the 2nd part of that art is on the artist's tumblr . I couldn't post it here because it features a topless woman.

Mellerio is a fantastic up and coming Chinese Art student/Damian fan. He met Finch at a con who agreed to do a collaboration.

All art and more is available at http://melerio.tumblr.com/
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-10-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Guys, I saw Batman #35 spoiler again! Someone in tumblr, who seems to be Damian and/or Dick fan, received the issue earlier than scheduled and they post the pages only where Damian and Dick appear.

We will get another Damian and Dick gem by Tom King again guys.

Do not read below if you don't want to be spoiled!!

I repeat do not read below if you do not want to be spoiled!! Read at your own risk!

spoilers:
    I think the last half of the issue has dialogues all in Dick and Damian POV, while most of the panels showed us how Selina and Talia's fight and how Bruce trying to escape.

This time Damian and Dick were discussing about the engagement.

Dick: ”Why do you think he did it?"
    Damian: "I do not know and I do not care."
    Dick: "Yeah. Well, the better question is: why he didn't tell us? He should've at least told us."
    Damian: "I... do not know and I do not care."

And Dick was like "Ah, c'mon kiddo" then Damian argued with what his father chooses is his own choice, because his father is Batman and Damian is Robin.
    Dick teased Damian about the Batman and Robin logic, Damian was like "Shut up, Richard." LOL

After that came my favorite part of the discussion:
    Damian: "You're such a child."
    Dick: "You're ten!"
    Damian: "I'm thirteen!"
    Dick: "Whatever."

I. Literally. Screamed. At that. Yes, yes, yes Damian you're still ten fight me!!! XD

Moving on from that Dick finally gave his two cents of the engagement. Dick thinks it is because Bruce wants to be happy. Later Dick shares his own thought to Damian on whether Bruce is happy or not.

Eventually, their heart to heart talk was finally interrupted with Selina and Bruce coming out of the place.

Bruce was surprised to find Dick and Damian there. He suspected Alfred has told them already, which he thought he should have been the one to do so.

And then came this heartfelt moment between father and son:

Damian: "Father."
    Bruce: "Damian, I..."
    Damian: "Are you happy?"
    Bruce: *silent*
    Bruce: *looks at Selina*
    Bruce: "I... I'm getting there."
    Damian: *silent*

Then Bruce, Selina, Dick, and Damian proceeded to go home together.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    Guys, I saw Batman #35 spoiler again! Someone in tumblr, who seems to be Damian and/or Dick fan, received the issue earlier than scheduled and they post the pages only where Damian and Dick appear.

We will get another Damian and Dick gem by Tom King again guys.

Do not read below if you don't want to be spoiled!!

I repeat do not read below if you do not want to be spoiled!! Read at your own risk!

spoilers:
    I think the last half of the issue has dialogues all in Dick and Damian POV, while most of the panels showed us how Selina and Talia's fight and how Bruce trying to escape.

This time Damian and Dick were discussing about the engagement.

Dick: ”Why do you think he did it?"
    Damian: "I do not know and I do not care."
    Dick: "Yeah. Well, the better question is: why he didn't tell us? He should've at least told us."
    Damian: "I... do not know and I do not care."

And Dick was like "Ah, c'mon kiddo" then Damian argued with what his father chooses is his own choice, because his father is Batman and Damian is Robin.
    Dick teased Damian about the Batman and Robin logic, Damian was like "Shut up, Richard." LOL

After that came my favorite part of the discussion:
    Damian: "You're such a child."
    Dick: "You're ten!"
    Damian: "I'm thirteen!"
    Dick: "Whatever."

I. Literally. Screamed. At that. Yes, yes, yes Damian you're still ten fight me!!! XD

Moving on from that Dick finally gave his two cents of the engagement. Dick thinks it is because Bruce wants to be happy. Later Dick shares his own thought to Damian on whether Bruce is happy or not.

Eventually, their heart to heart talk was finally interrupted with Selina and Bruce coming out of the place.

Bruce was surprised to find Dick and Damian there. He suspected Alfred has told them already, which he thought he should have been the one to do so.

And then came this heartfelt moment between father and son:

Damian: "Father."
    Bruce: "Damian, I..."
    Damian: "Are you happy?"
    Bruce: *silent*
    Bruce: *looks at Selina*
    Bruce: "I... I'm getting there."
    Damian: *silent*

Then Bruce, Selina, Dick, and Damian proceeded to go home together.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Damn it that does sound like a goodun if it's legit. Esp the last part with Bruce's answer. The grumpus in me didn't trust King to get his **** together but I have to admit the last 2 issues have rivalled I am Bane and this time Bruce and his romance are the parts giving me the most feels.

Lets hope it's legit because I don't want Bruce and Damian's 1st interaction after Selina said yes happening in Supersons {which is what I believe the surprise is}

It would have been better if the other boys were here though. That Bruce, Selina Dick and Damian going home together doesn't feel right.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    spoilers:

Lets hope it's legit because I don't want Bruce and Damian's 1st interaction after Selina said yes happening in Supersons {which is what I believe the surprise is}

It would have been better if the other boys were here though. That Bruce, Selina Dick and Damian going home together doesn't feel right.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Aww its nice that the batfamily has now extended from 3 members to four now that Selina is here *sarcasm

Yeeeaahh, I'm sure the inclusion of Dick and Damian and exclusion of everyone else should come as a surprise to no one at this point. DC hasnt been subtle over the past few years with the only Robins they care about being 'writers fave robin' and 'current robin'. (This ain't a drag against any characters btw, more against my distaste for DC.)
    But anyways, the Dick and Damian bonding moments get another point, so theres that at least, although, I was kinda hoping for more interaction between Damian and Selina than just that though. I wonder when THAT will be properly addressed.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    spoilers:
    Aww its nice that the batfamily has now extended from 3 members to four now that Selina is here *sarcasm

Yeeeaahh, I'm sure the inclusion of Dick and Damian and exclusion of everyone else should come as a surprise to no one at this point. DC hasnt been subtle over the past few years with the only Robins they care about being 'writers fave robin' and 'current robin'. (This ain't a drag against any characters btw, more against my distaste for DC.)
    But anyways, the Dick and Damian bonding moments get another point, so theres that at least, although, I was kinda hoping for more interaction between Damian and Selina than just that though. I wonder when THAT will be properly addressed.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's piss poor is what it is and what makes it stand out more is that King actually started with all the available sons. A detail so small yet when left out so BIG. It takes nothing and accomplishes so much. Way to drop the ball.

I'm dreading that.
    King hasn't really delved into either of those two in any great depth. Sure we got Dick and Damian but King as a big fan of Dick Grayson knows that dynamic by default.
    He's only given us shallow stroke of Selina so I'm not so sure how well he knows her. Right now she is just a prop in this new direction Bruce is taking.

However King is clickbaity so no doubt we'll get there at some point. For a few issues.
    I feel your distaste and it is warranted
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Damn it that does sound like a goodun if it's legit. Esp the last part with Bruce's answer. The grumpus in me didn't trust King to get his **** together but I have to admit the last 2 issues have rivalled I am Bane and this time Bruce and his romance are the parts giving me the most feels.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    it's legit real, dietrich. The spoiler was my own brief description based on what I've seen from the Batman #35 pages that person scanned themselves and posted to their own tumblr. I still left some scenes untold anyway.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree with you the exclusion of the rest of family on something this big in Bruce's life is totally off. Perhaps next issue alongside superman reaction... but finger crossed.

Damian and Selina exchanged a few dialogues in the end that I didn't include in my spoiler. Just see it yourself when the actual issue is out. It's something about Talia (that I personally think it's unsatisfying).
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by fanfan13; 11-11-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Fanfan the video is on youtube

the Robin stuff starts at 18.00 mins off and on.
    Tynion admits that he is just running through iconic moments of Bruce and his Favourites and that his Batman is one that says yes.
    Sparkles is right about the Signal writer. Not very smart or humble I'm not even sure what he's doing there since he isn't a Batman writer but when the panel are asked about what fingerprints they left on the mythos. This fool has the audacity to say sunlight when Tynion an ACTUAL BATMAN WRITER says that he doesn't feel he has left his finger pints on the mythos.
    Humility man. When you aren't even familiar enough with Duke the character you are writing to know his relationships, when you haven't even bothered to read the small collection of comics that guy appears then you shouldn't be sounding off on a character who guests on your series.

28.00 gives the ACTUAL reason why King is writing Batcat it makes sense but it kills all notions that King is a romantic and explains why he is struggling with writing this.

Also high collars all around.
    Patrick is new and still learning. Tynion comes of the best. King comes off the worst though it could just be that he is quite pally with Miller and their 'in private' dynamic and banter just spilled over onto the stage if that makes sense.

@RedBird
    So... is Selina the new "Chick" of the batfamily

Just saw them and-
    spoilers:
    I'm forever Dd and batbros trash so I'll always eat up bonding moments with them.

But, when did Selina go from not knowing who Talia is and calling her "the Ex" to knowing she's the mother of Bruce's child. And wholly understanding the relationship between her and Damian well enough to know bragging about stabbing his MOTHER before a 13 year old kid wouldn't upset him?

Because, regardless of her more unsavory habits, I always thought Selina was fundamentally a good person. So if she just nonchalantly gloated to a kid about how she hurt his mom, without knowing Damian wouldn't flinch beforehand, King seriously needs to stop writing her. Hell even if she KNEW that's not a thing you just say to a son. And yanno, Damian would still flinch. Or at least *tt* Before character development, he would've stabbed her for the insult. Try as he might, he will never be able to completely let go of Talia. And hadn't Talia conqueered this other country as its queen recently? Or is King just ignoring that? Not to mention the whole arabian nights harem out of nowhere and the artist can't tell the difference between an arab and black person. Well, people above a certain pigment count are all interchangeable to some people, I guess.
    end of spoilers

Women in Bruce's life must be saved from King the way Tim needs to be saved from Tynion.

Quote Originally Posted by AlcorDee View Post
    Just saw them and-
    spoilers:
    I'm forever Dd and batbros trash so I'll always eat up bonding moments with them.

But, when did Selina go from not knowing who Talia is and calling her "the Ex" to knowing she's the mother of Bruce's child. And wholly understanding the relationship between her and Damian well enough to know bragging about stabbing his MOTHER before a 13 year old kid wouldn't upset him?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Aww you spoiled it
    I left that off my spoiler becuase that's especially unsatisfying af, at least for me. I only spoiled what I appreciate in that issue.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Not to mention the whole arabian nights harem out of nowhere and the artist can't tell the difference between an arab and black person. Well, people above a certain pigment count are all interchangeable to some people, I guess.
    end of spoilers
    You nailed it there. I don't like the orgy thing. And Perhaps Talia spends a lot of her time relaxing under the dessert sun until she had that dark brown skin. Well Talia's skin color is inconsistent after all.

Just saw them and-
    spoilers:

Because, regardless of her more unsavory habits, I always thought Selina was fundamentally a good person. So if she just nonchalantly gloated to a kid about how she hurt his mom, without knowing Damian wouldn't flinch beforehand, King seriously needs to stop writing her. Hell even if she KNEW that's not a thing you just say to a son. And yanno, Damian would still flinch. Or at least *tt* Before character development, he would've stabbed her for the insult. Try as he might, he will never be able to completely let go of Talia. And hadn't Talia conqueered this other country as its queen recently? Or is King just ignoring that? Not to mention the whole arabian nights harem out of nowhere and the artist can't tell the difference between an arab and black person. Well, people above a certain pigment count are all interchangeable to some people, I guess.
    end of spoilers

Women in Bruce's life must be saved from King the way Tim needs to be saved from Tynion.
    He might yet stab her

fanfan spoilers:
    I hope we get that all the family moment but I still can't get over the 4 walking off into the sunset imagery. Everything is resolved end credits for the arc unresolved plotlines to be tied up later feeling.

It shows favouritism or maybe lack of investment in all characters.
    Little things keep fans happy fan service goes a long way. King should know this since his run is essentially pandering to Batcat shippers. This run would be a disaster if not for this romance imo.
    He wasted pages on Horse slaying but can't fit Jason in. If you need the Dd bonding then have Jason arrive after taking care of what ever business that meant he couldn't journey with them. Have him have a change of heart and join them just before.

I'm just spit balling since I haven't read the issue so don't know how that fits the story but do something. It feels like he brought Jason in for A, that petty gag and a stupid gaff that sets Damian and Dick off on this adventure.
    B, Duke because he is obligated
    C, because the batburger scene was well received
    D, compulsory batboys reaction scene
    end of spoilers

fanfan spoilers:
    I hope we get that all the family moment but I still can't get over the 4 walking off into the sunset imagery. Everything is resolved end credits for the arc unresolved plotlines to be tied up later feeling.

Little things keep fans happy fan service goes a long way. King should know this since his run is essentially pandering to Batcat shippers. This run would be a disaster if not for this romance imo.
    He wasted pages on Horse slaying but can't fit Jason in. If you need the Dd bonding then have Jason arrive after taking care of what ever business that meant he couldn't journey with them. Have him have a change of heart and join them just before.

I'm just spit balling since I haven't read the issue so don't know how that fits the story but do something. It feels like he brought Jason in for A, that petty gag and a stupid gaff that sets Damian and Dick off on this adventure.
    B, Duke because he is obligated
    C, because the batburger scene was well received
    D, compulsory batboys reaction scene
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That is pretty blatantly the only reason why he brought Jason in. If he didn't want Jason in the middle of his Dick and Damian moments, and yes, Dick and Damian do have a special bond, he could have at least had something with Jason and Alfred, and even Duke, back home, since we were supposed to see reactions from everyone.

But DC makes it clearer and clearer that they only see Dick and Damian as Bruce's family anymore. Heck, see Metal as well. And now Selina can join.
    end of spoilers

fanfan spoilers:

Little things keep fans happy fan service goes a long way. King should know this since his run is essentially pandering to Batcat shippers. This run would be a disaster if not for this romance imo..
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    LOL dietrich in the actual panels the four walking of into the NIGHT is very small against the big scenery background. You can't see them clearly. I will PM you if you want to see it.

anyway guys I hate to say this but...

In my opinion, what King meant by family reaction is not even Dd but it is only Damian reaction to the news. It is obvious Dick is only there to support Damian and talk reasons ("Bruce wants to be happy") into him. The final exchange between Bruce and Damian ("Father, are you happy?"/"I'm getting there") is the proof.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by fanfan13; 11-11-2017 at 08:04 AM.