Page 101 of 776 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 11633
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    What would happen to Damian if Steph knew Maya?

Is true... I remember that.

WITH 3 MORE POST HERE... I WILL HAVE 100 POSTS IN DAMIAN WAYNE APPRECIATION..
    How do you mean if Steph knew Maya?

Sorry...

Remember Steph and Damian relation... Can you imagine Maya with these 2?

2 girls with great abilities to annoy damian?
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-02-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Sorry...

Remember Steph and Damian relation... Can you imagine Maya with these 2?

2 girls with great abilities to annoy damian?
    I'd love to read that. So much entertainment would come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I'd love to read that. So much entertainment would come of it.
    ^^^^This^^^^ I think Damian might just want to strangle himself but it would highly entertaining.Both girls have this knack for treating him like the kid he is and it's just adorable to watch. He's like a de-clawed kitty when it comes to them.

Never forget Maya rolling on the floor laughing at the fact that Damian still has baby teeth. Classic.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-02-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was on a tweet. Synders twitter where he made that statement.
    I'm sorry if my post came out too strong. It is that I have just learnt not believe completely what people remember if they do not back it up with sources (and people so rarely do).

Could it be one of his tweets documented in this artcle? (My apologies for linking to Bleeding cool). It mentions that 'And editorial felt that way too and wanted solo Bruce from Batman (as they largely do now).'

The whole new Robin and Nightwing thing, didn't he try but wasn't allowed? That's from way back with Duke and Harper but instead DC choose to instead bring Damian back.
    I'm pretty sure the Duke thing is actually from Rebirth and after Damian's resurrection. My take from reading between the lines from that interview I posted is that WB/DC vetoed his plans of making Duke a Robin. The explanation seems to have been linked to Teen Titans movie/brand synergy as Snyder brings up TT with Damian in his responses a lot. At least it would make sense.

I find is difficult to believe that Warner Bros doesn't want to promote Damian when they put him in 3 titles, in all those animated films and now Injustice despite Jason winning the poll. Seems to me that Warner is determined to give us Damian Wayne whether we want it or not. Someone at the top clearly loves Damian and the biological son thing so much they made Jon canon and now are planning a franchise around these two.
    Oh, I absolutely agree with you about this, especially the part concerning Jon. His whole existence is the proof that Damian has been a success.

It is just that different people have different interest and Damian's role at the moment seems to be compromise between them.

ETA: Link corrected.
    Last edited by irene; 02-03-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irene View Post
    I'm sorry if my post came out too strong. It is that I have just learnt not believe completely what people remember if they do not back it up with sources (and people so rarely do).

Could it be one of his tweets documented in this artcle? (My apologies for linking to Bleeding cool). It mentions that 'And editorial felt that way too and wanted solo Bruce from Batman (as they largely do now).'

I'm pretty sure the Duke thing is actually from Rebirth and after Damian's resurrection. My take from reading between the lines from that interview I posted is that WB/DC vetoed his plans of making Duke a Robin. The explanation seems to have been linked to Teen Titans movie/brand synergy as Snyder brings up TT with Damian in his responses a lot. At least it would make sense.

Oh, I absolutely agree with you about this, especially the part concerning Jon. His whole existence is the proof that Damian has been a success.

It is just that different people have different interest and Damian's role at the moment seems to be compromise between them.
    Hey it's okay. I too have encountered some BS on the web.

That link doesn't go to the article rather it just goes to a random BC page but it could very well be it though I don't remember the solo Batman part [it might not have stuck with me].
    The tweet specifically said that with TT and Supersons Damian was of limits to the Bat office that was why he wasn't in the main Batman book.

I looked at the second interview and if you notice the Interviewer said that a year before Rebirth Synder had mentioned to him that he would like to create a new Robin and I believe that's what Duke was but TPTB wouldn't let him because they wanted Damian.

All that stuff about him sitting down with Seeley and Tynion and them having great ideas for Duke is rubbish. He is trying to push his creation and they're doing him a favour.
    Duke is all but window dressing in Batman. Seeley isn't using him. The only person that wants to or has any ideas for Duke is Synder.

I believe that you are right in saying that different people have different interests.

Synder wants to make a Robin failing that he wants to make a character that sticks [he wants to leave his mark so to speak]

TPTB want Damian as Robin and would like to grow the Supersons Franchise

TPTB wouldn't mind a Miles Morales and that brings us to where we are. Synder can't make Duke Robin however DC is willing to let him push the character in the main titles since Damian is already in use elsewhere. How long this will last we'll see.

Edit:
    Tom King not Tim Seeley.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-03-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Dang, I miss the chance to be in page 100 (because I need to sleep for 8 hours or I'll be crazy).

Whoa this is all new information for me. So, Damian is off limits to Batoffice in the rebirth because he already has TT and Super Sons. It's OK though. Also from what I get about the discussion above, there was a talk about a new robin (aka Duke) within DC when Damian was still dead. But it got dismissed because TPTB (and fans?) wanted to bring Damian back as Robin and they have plan to use Damian in TT and Super Sons in Rebirth. Especially TT that they want to fix and it's impossible to do without the existence of Robin so it's very unlikely they'd want to use a new guy for that role. Not to mention all the animated films (4 or 5?) and the games he's starring.

And there's also a talk about Damian doesn't really fit in Batman's current stories.

All this time I've always thought Snyder doesn't want to use Damian simply because he's close to his sons' age. Yet it's actually deeper than that.

It's also interesting to know that Seeley was involved in Duke's development plan, although so far I haven't seen Duke in his story. Probably in the future he will. But the guy loves Damian so much it seems. I love his story in DC rebirth holiday special

Despite that, I like Duke. I have no problem if they want to develop his character and put him as Batman's new sidekick. However I can't see him taking a Robin mantle soon, no matter how his creator would want him to be. Not when TPTB still loves Damian in that role. For now, he's most likely going to have his own hero name (Lark or something) and I'd prefer that than him as Robin. Not that I want Damian to be Robin forever though. I'd love to see him taking a new, independent name in the future.

I can't help thinking Snyder is a bit salty Duke can't be a new Robin thus came the "Batman doesn't need a Robin" thing.

Edit: found it on tumblr.
    Last edited by fanfan13; 02-03-2017 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    Awesome, where did you find this from ?

Quote Originally Posted by dragons06 View Post
    Awesome, where did you find this from ?
    Someone posted it on tumblr.

Edit: Double post. Sorry.

I don't know where that person found the page though.

This is so awesome!!! That back and forth. These two are so fun together.

Dang, I miss the chance to be in page 100 (because I need to sleep for 8 hours or I'll be crazy).

Whoa this is all new information for me. So, Damian is off limits to Batoffice in the rebirth because he already has TT and Super Sons. It's OK though. Also from what I get about the discussion above, there was a talk about a new robin (aka Duke) within DC when Damian was still dead. But it got dismissed because TPTB (and fans?) wanted to bring Damian back as Robin and they have plan to use Damian in TT and Super Sons in Rebirth. Especially TT that they want to fix and it's impossible to do without the existence of Robin so it's very unlikely they'd want to use a new guy for that role. Not to mention all the animated films (4 or 5?) and the games he's starring.

And there's also a talk about Damian doesn't really fit in Batman's current stories.

All this time I've always thought Snyder doesn't want to use Damian simply because he's close to his sons' age. Yet it's actually deeper than that.

It's also interesting to know that Seeley was involved in Duke's development plan, although so far I haven't seen Duke in his story. Probably in the future he will. But the guy loves Damian so much it seems. I love his story in DC rebirth holiday special

Despite that, I like Duke. I have no problem if they want to develop his character and put him as Batman's new sidekick. However I can't see him taking a Robin mantle soon, no matter how his creator would want him to be. Not when TPTB still loves Damian in that role. For now, he's most likely going to have his own hero name (Lark or something) and I'd prefer that than him as Robin. Not that I want Damian to be Robin forever though. I'd love to see him taking a new, independent name in the future.

I can't help thinking Snyder is a bit salty Duke can't be a new Robin thus came the "Batman doesn't need a Robin" thing.
    Honestly I don't believe that stuff about being close to his son's age because:

a, it didn't stop you introducing another young sidekick.

b, if you have problems writing about a 10 year old in dangerous situations then write a 10 year at home with his father, Make regular mention of Bruce's son even if you don't use him. You are such a loving parent then have that reflected in the character you are writing. Synder's Batman wasn't written as a good parent which is odd for a man who takes being a parent so serious he can't endanger a fictional child.

c, You have problems writing about a child fighting but you have no qualms writing about Bruce getting amnesia forgetting his kid and Alfred being okay with lying to Bruce about said child. You have no qualms with a father forgetting he has a 10 year old and that 10 year old being left alone in the world.

Yea I'm not sure I believe Synder's reason for not writing Damian and the rest of the family.

By his own admission he wanted to create a Robin and a Nightwing character [he later denied he wanted to make a Robin but the interviewer remembered him saying it because he said it to the same interviewer a year prior!] but he wasn't allowed.

I don't believe King and Tynion have any plans for Duke. I believe that they sat down in that meeting and Synder [the hot shot superstar DC writer] convinced Seeley [the new guy just getting his shot at the big time] and Tynion [a student of Synder's] to give his character face time in their titles.

It is clear neither Tynion nor Seeley have a plan for Duke. In fact it's becoming increasing clear that Synder might not even have a plan for Duke [or does he?] Maybe he might make him into the new Red Robin.

Duke is a good character. He had a good introduction; is slowly developing and Synder is playing a very clever game by putting him in all these books.
    Duke has become a fixture. Sure there were initial protests but that's all died down. We've gotten used to him, we've accepted him. Batman #16 [batboys at lunch] was very clever because now Duke is officially a batboy and that scene at Batbuger might be the new status quo going forward.

Synder couldn't make a Robin but he just might make a Red Robin.

Oooooh my conspiracy theory mind is going crazy.......... What if at that meeting [remember Synder did say that he sat down with Seeley and Tynion and they came up with a plan for Duke] they did come up with a plan.

-Tynion gets rid of Tim
    -King and Synder keep spotlighting Duke
    -King releases a teaser of the Batboys at lunch with Duke we all get hyped and get prepped for Duke in Tim's place.
    -They continue to feature Duke while we get used to Tim not being around and Duke being present.
    -Batman #16 drops. It's like the ultimate fanservice we all love it and want more of. Duke is now a thing. everybody accepts Duke.
    - They continue to feature Duke. Possibly have more interactions with him and the boys strengthening their bond
    -The big Rebirth event. Big battle and Tim dies for real and Duke now already established just slots him. He doesn't even need to take his name. They've just gotten rid of a struggling character and Synder's gets to have his way.

Of course this is just me and my imagination.

Edit King not Seeley [I've got Nightwing on my brain]
    _
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-03-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I really would like to know how old and tall they are supposed to be. If Damian is really 13 (according to Teen Titans) and Jon just 10 (according to Superman), Damian would be really tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I really would like to know how old and tall they are supposed to be. If Damian is really 13 (according to Teen Titans) and Jon just 10 (according to Superman), Damian would be really tiny.
    Damian is tiny according to Superman, Supersons and TT. He might even end up smaller than Tim! He's a tiny deadly ninja or maybe Jon is very tall because he is only short when compared to Jon.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-03-2017 at 03:39 AM.