Page 276 of 776 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 11633

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert View Post
    What do you mean "Dick did die once again"? Are you referring to his death in the comics and the fact that the Injustice 2 story contradicts it? 'Cause his death in the Injustice universe precedes his death in the Injustice comic. In the story for the first game it is revealed that Damian killed Dick and became the new Nightwing.

Again, I don't know whether you're referring to the comic or the game, but I'm guessing it's the former. I thought Dick's death added a lot to both Batman and Damian's character arcs. Damian's guilt pushes him away from his father and down a darker path, while the fact that Batman holds Dick's death against Damian adds a layer to his character by showing a character flaw. The fact that it was an accident makes it all the more tragic, and is truer to the relationship between Dick and Damian in the comics.

As for why I want I want Dick to stay dead, I just generally dislike when characters come back to life. It's something that you kind of have to put up with in the main continuity, but in else worlds stories like Injustice I think everyone who dies should stay dead.
    I'm just going to say I'm sick every time I see a post (in Instagram for example) about how close the relationship between Dick and Damian in the MAIN continuity there will always be those trolls who comment: "but Damian killed Dick"

or the worst one: "you will change your opinion because he killed Dick in Injustice"

and no one talks that it was an accident. when I was still a noob I thought Damian actually murdered Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    So Damian's shaders in Injustice 2 have zome pretty cool names inspired by other Robins such as a Blue/Yellow shader caled Nightwing's flight, a grey shader called Agent 37 and a white(?) shader called Red Robin.Attachment 49340
    lol Agent 37

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by fanfan13 View Post
    I'm just going to say I'm sick every time I see a post (in Instagram for example) about how close the relationship between Dick and Damian in the MAIN continuity there will always be those trolls who comment: "but Damian killed Dick"

or the worst one: "you will change your opinion because he killed Dick in Injustice"

and no one talks that it was an accident. when I was still a noob I thought Damian actually murdered Dick.

lol Agent 37

Yeah I get that. I think I've seem stuff like that on YouTube comments. Stuff like, "Damian is such a brat." "Fuck you Damian." etcetera.

It's certainly annoying to see people bash a character you love, especially when they clearly don't really know who/what they're talking about. But I don't think that we should let whiny people who have never picked up a comic book prevent story tellers from telling cool/unique stories. For instance, I hated when people got all up in arms when the arc started with Captain America as a Hydra agent. I love seeing unique/fresh takes on characters we know.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if Damian murdered Dick. It would have had to be handled more delicately. It couldn't have happened in year 1, but if we saw the relationship between Dick and Damian deteriorate over the course of 4-5 years to the point where they get into a fight and Damian murders Dick, I would have been cool with that. I prefer the way it was handled, though. Making it an accident preserves the close relationship between Dick and Damian and gives Damian another reason to turn his back on his father to join Superman.

Anyway, yeah I agree it sucks seeing Damian get bashed so hard by the Injustice fanbase, but I think there's so much to love about Damian in Injustice. I love seeing him embrace his League of Assassins heritage with his costume/sword (hell, I'd like to see him with a sword more often in the main continuity. Yeah it's a lethal weapon, but he uses those little dagger things all the time and those are just as deadly). And I also love seeing him as Nightwing. Those are two things that we're not going to see in the main continuity any time soon, so I'm happy to see them in Injustice.

yeah one of the things that is annoying about fans sometimes is it they won't let elseworld storys be elseworlds.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Robins

HAHAHAH.. I think that I see this before..

Damian and Maps

hmmmmmmmm.... I donīt like this... Is Maps with Man Body...

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I don't think she's is in a man's body maybe Maps just isn't busty.
    Personally i just saw Maps dressed in a suit. Sure she is androgynous but I still think she is female

Yeah I get that. I think I've seem stuff like that on YouTube comments. Stuff like, "Damian is such a brat." "Fuck you Damian." etcetera.

It's certainly annoying to see people bash a character you love, especially when they clearly don't really know who/what they're talking about. But I don't think that we should let whiny people who have never picked up a comic book prevent story tellers from telling cool/unique stories. For instance, I hated when people got all up in arms when the arc started with Captain America as a Hydra agent. I love seeing unique/fresh takes on characters we know.

Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if Damian murdered Dick. It would have had to be handled more delicately. It couldn't have happened in year 1, but if we saw the relationship between Dick and Damian deteriorate over the course of 4-5 years to the point where they get into a fight and Damian murders Dick, I would have been cool with that. I prefer the way it was handled, though. Making it an accident preserves the close relationship between Dick and Damian and gives Damian another reason to turn his back on his father to join Superman.

Anyway, yeah I agree it sucks seeing Damian get bashed so hard by the Injustice fanbase, but I think there's so much to love about Damian in Injustice. I love seeing him embrace his League of Assassins heritage with his costume/sword (hell, I'd like to see him with a sword more often in the main continuity. Yeah it's a lethal weapon, but he uses those little dagger things all the time and those are just as deadly). And I also love seeing him as Nightwing. Those are two things that we're not going to see in the main continuity any time soon, so I'm happy to see them in Injustice.
    Youtube is even worse. I usually don't let the hate get into me, as long as they keep it in the right place.

I honestly am not too fond of Damian's character in Injustice comics but yeah I agree his costumes and sword in injustice 2 look so badass. His moves and sword play are sick. I can see some people who hate him can't help but acknowledge his awesomeness in Injustice 2. I'm a bit sad that the main continuity Damian doesn't use sword anymore

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWing View Post
    yeah one of the things that is annoying about fans sometimes is it they won't let elseworld storys be elseworlds.
    THIS. This is the problem I have with those trolls.

I don't think she's is in a man's body maybe Maps just isn't busty.
    Personally i just saw Maps dressed in a suit. Sure she is androgynous but I still think she is female
    I think the same as you. Although Maps has never looked androgynous to me, but then again I barely know anything about her.

Robins

Damian is buttercup? Oww. Youtube has the worst comments on any subject.Damian clearly manipulated by super.

What do you mean "Dick did die once again"? Are you referring to his death in the comics and the fact that the Injustice 2 story contradicts it? 'Cause his death in the Injustice universe precedes his death in the Injustice comic. In the story for the first game it is revealed that Damian killed Dick and became the new Nightwing.

Again, I don't know whether you're referring to the comic or the game, but I'm guessing it's the former. I thought Dick's death added a lot to both Batman and Damian's character arcs. Damian's guilt pushes him away from his father and down a darker path, while the fact that Batman holds Dick's death against Damian adds a layer to his character by showing a character flaw. The fact that it was an accident makes it all the more tragic, and is truer to the relationship between Dick and Damian in the comics.

As for why I want I want Dick to stay dead, I just generally dislike when characters come back to life. It's something that you kind of have to put up with in the main continuity, but in else worlds stories like Injustice I think everyone who dies should stay dead.
    Well yes.

It did not add enough in my opinion. I like the direction in the video above where Damian calls Bruce on his BS about not killing bad guys yet he is willing to fatally injure them. Questioning why a serial killer deserves to live. This is something one would expect from a Robin who was raised by the LOA and it still adds to the characters.

Damian joining the Regime because he fell out with his dad makes him look like a petulant kid without a mind of his own.

Damian joining the Regime based on his principles/ideology shows that he has character. He is taking this direction because he believes in it not out of spite.
    Last edited by dietrich; 05-15-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    Damian is buttercup? Oww. Youtube has the worst comments on any subject.Damian clearly manipulated by super.
    Yeah Youtube is just full of trolls so I don't really pay attention to those.

I love Buttercup Damian and Dick looks so cute as Bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I just hope the game "canon" doesn't make its way into the comics.
    I actually won't mind if dictator superman in the main comics but no Damian killing Dick Grayson. That's something I never want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    Even loving the idea Damian will never be gay in the main universe.
    Not likely. I don't even think he'll age in main continuity.

Also yes Colin was a very interesting character. I hope we see him in the future.

This is cute. I love the portrait on the wall.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

@Adirikito

Maybe this will clear it up it's from the same artist.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Well yes.

It did not add enough in my opinion. I like the direction in the video above where Damian calls Bruce on his BS about not killing bad guys yet he is willing to fatally injure them. Questioning why a serial killer deserves to live. This is something one would expect from a Robin who was raised by the LOA and it still adds to the characters.

Damian joining the Regime because he fell out with his dad makes him look like a petulant kid without a mind of his own.

Damian joining the Regime based on his principles/ideology shows that he has character. He is taking this direction because he believes in it not out of spite.
    It wasn't just a regular falling out though. His dad basically disowned him for Dicks accidental death. I also don't think Damian would have left if he had Dick still alive on his side since it was shown how much he cared about Alfred still despite joining the regime. Ideals doesn't work because we have no proof that he would act on them without being forced to like he was. Daimian defecting the way he has now helps show how Bruce also mishandled the situation with letting down his other child. He looks like a petulant kid because he was a petulant kid who's father gave up on him in a moment of grief. Also a good parallel towards Superman who lost his kid before they were born and an excellent in your face moment to have him be the father figure for Bruce's kid who left him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    It wasn't just a regular falling out though. His dad basically disowned him for Dicks accidental death. I also don't think Damian would have left if he had Dick still alive on his side since it was shown how much he cared about Alfred still despite joining the regime. Ideals doesn't work because we have no proof that he would act on them without being forced to like he was. Daimian defecting the way he has now helps show how Bruce also mishandled the situation with letting down his other child. He looks like a petulant kid because he was a petulant kid who's father gave up on him in a moment of grief. Also a good parallel towards Superman who lost his kid before they were born and an excellent in your face moment to have him be the father figure for Bruce's kid who left him.
    I see what you mean but I still don't like it for the amount of hate and infamy it brought Damian it wasn't wort it. Dc scarified a new character image for the sake of drama in an else world story.

I want Damian Wayne as a character to endure and to do that he needs the support of non comic readers and gamers. The changes in the new story mode work just as well without the character assassination of Damian Wayne.

Damian killing Dick wasn't that important a part of the injustice story, Damian joining Superman isn't a big part of the story either. They didn't change or affect the on going story in anyway heck the Injustice story would still carry on if Dick and Damian weren't even part of the story in the 1st place.

Everyone already knows Batman is a questionable and flawed father/character. We've always known this from the day he dressed Dick in that outfit and let him fight grown men so his reaction added nothing.

I just think it was a bad decision all around.