Page 3 of 776 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Drake View Post
    Thank God Damian is probably coming back. He was awesome and he really shouldn't have been killed.
    Yeah, but apparently you're the one in danger now, Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I am aware, but I don't want to worry about anything occurring in Futures End considering its focus is on a possible future.

Hated this guy when he started, loved him during the Dick/Damian issues, and hated to see him go at the end.

Assuming he's brought back: What do you all think of him aging? Dick did it, going from teenager to hero and adult, so did Babs. Will Damian also get older or will he forever be the same age ala Bart Simpson or early Ultimate Spidey?
    Last edited by TheSontaran; 05-02-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSontaran View Post
    Hated this guy when he started, loved him during the Dick/Damian issues, and hated to see him go at the end.

Assuming he's brought back: What do you all think of him aging? Dick did it, going from teenager to hero and adult, so did Babs. Will Damian also get older or will he forever be the same age ala Bart Simpson or early Ultimate Spidey?
    He should stay the same age, but there's a chance he won't. Given that Robin Rises is an arc spanning over half a year,

Maybe he'll form a friendship with the new Wally, as they're in the same age bracket (though I hate that change).

BANNED

Tim is safe. Dan Didio is CEO and President of The Drake Dynasty (Tim's version of the Wingnuts).

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Why all the hate on Tim? I don't get it.

Anyway, for me Damian and Tim tie for favorite robins. Personally I would have loved a YJ with Damian involved with some of the younger heroes (Chris Kent, etc) and seen how he dealt with them. I miss the little whippersnapper and whish he'd come back, but I really don't want it to be on the corpse of Tim. That would just feel really wrong, and I don't think he would appreciate anyone other than himself beating on Tim in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

Anyway, for me Damian and Tim tie for favorite robins. Personally I would have loved a YJ with Damian involved with some of the younger heroes (Chris Kent, etc) and seen how he dealt with them. I miss the little whippersnapper and whish he'd come back, but I really don't want it to be on the corpse of Tim. That would just feel really wrong, and I don't think he would appreciate anyone other than himself beating on Tim in the first place.
    I'm not sure. Tim's character is great. Maybe because of how his character is being written lately? (i.e. poorly)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Have you seen his appreciation thread? He's a harem character now days.

Ultimate Member

Not at the moment. At the moment, he's in a relationship with Wonder Girl. Anyway, I love Damian (that little brat) and killing him off to begin with was a bad idea. I'm all for him coming back.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

To some people, maybe he's harem, but isn't that what most of the Bat family males are? Bruce has had HOW many different girl friends pre-52 and right now as well. We know Dick has had a few. Tim, as I recall, usually stuck with one girl till he broke up and then eventually had another girlfriend. Usually the "Harem" aspect comes from the girls wanting him, not the other way around. And he's far more of a gentleman than some real Harem leads.

I can see the whole annoyance factor in the way they present him in the new 52, hopefully he'll get written better.

As for Damian, I'm kind of curious how they're going to eventually write him as a teen. I know he's going to stay semi young for a good long while (when and if they bring him back) but what sort of teen do you see?

Astonishing Member

I haven't kept up with the character in years now, I was just making an off-hand joke that might not even be a joke based on the panels that are being posted in the appreciation thread. It's not just multiple romantic interest I was getting at though.

That's all I'll say on that though, don't want to derail the thread. Back to Damian:

Last edited by Kid A; 05-05-2014 at 02:39 PM.

BANNED

I haven't kept up with the character in years now, I was just making an off-hand joke that might not even be a joke based on the panels that are being posted in the appreciation thread. It's not just multiple romantic interest I was getting at though.

That's all I'll say on that though, don't want to derail the thread. Back to Damian:

Also, everyone knows Drake is gay for Kon.

Extraordinary Member

The Tim and Damian thing is tied to their pre-Flashpoint rivalry. When both characters are alive and being written well, the fandoms get along much better. Then they start being written as brothers who feud, but still feel some protective instinct for each other. Even the Batman and Robin issue with both characters was okay and generally agreed to be pretty good.

But now that Tim's been stuck with Lobdell hammering him into a caricature of Nightwing as written in the X-Men and Damian been Dead for two years, both fanbases are getting trigger happy at each other.

Give it time. Hopefully, Damian's return to a world where Stephanie Brown can be his over-worked chaperone and babysitter and Tim's had a year of stories back under the Bat banner and the launch of a new Teen Titans series, hope will be restored.

Then they can bring back Cassandra and have an entire 3rd generation sub team of the Bat-family that kicks the classic lineup's ass.

Astonishing Member

Tim might be in worse shape now, but I didn't like him before the reboot since like Identity Crisis either, so I've just stopped caring about him tbh.

Though Damian is on the same route right now, because the only non-Morrison writer to get him right is BQM.
    Last edited by Kid A; 05-05-2014 at 03:41 PM.

BANNED

Though Damian is on the same route right now, because the only non-Morrison writer to get him right is BQM.
    I have a vague hope that Seeley might be able to get him right due to his clear affection for the Morrison run (he also wrote a pretty good Lord Death Man). Of course, Seeley won't actually be writing Batman & Robin...