Page 501 of 776 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 11633
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I blame the parents
    This got me in all the feels as did The Shadow/Batman.I love Bruce fretting over the safety of Robins.

Loved the Shadow calling Damian Boy all the time.

Congrats on 500

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Good image.

BANNED

Batman #34

Note sure why one would need finger less gloves for a trip to the desert but here we are.
    Personalty, i don't like the Dick and Damian ship i'd rather more interaction of Bruce and Damian, but if dick and Damian good relationship gives more sales to DC comics i can't do nothing. Whatever, Bruce and Damian relationship will be irreparable forever after issue 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrant View Post
    Personalty, i don't like the Dick and Damian ship i'd rather more interaction of Bruce and Damian, but if dick and Damian good relationship gives more sales to DC comics i can't do nothing. Whatever, Bruce and Damian relationship will be irreparable forever after issue 35.
    Why irreparable?

I'm not a fan of shipping the Bat family especially Dick and Damian since their relationship is parental it's as creepy as people shipping Bruce and Dick. But I love that Dick is t Damian what Bruce was/is to Dick Grayson the story has come full circle.

I would like more of a relationship between Bruce and Damian that is tricky to do without alienating fans o the other "Bat kids". I was thinking about it lately and my thoughts are

1, Fans of other robins get unhappy and envious when that relationship is explored. The internet and site's like these explode with fans bitching about DC pushing the blood son and acting like Damian is the only one worth a thing.

2, Batman's image isn't that of dad. Tomasi's B&R is very different from regular Batman and Robin. Some claim that Damian doesn't work with Bruce but that's because they're going off Tomasis work which is a father son book not a Batman and Robin book. Really what they don't like is the father son thing between Bruce and Damian]

3, A lot of Batman fans don't like a family at all.

4, Damian as a character is bigger than sidekick. He has a strong personality so you can't use him like Duke is/was used because that is just a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Good image.
    Thanks man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Why irreparable?

I'm not a fan of shipping the Bat family especially Dick and Damian since their relationship is parental it's as creepy as people shipping Bruce and Dick. But I love that Dick is t Damian what Bruce was/is to Dick Grayson the story has come full circle.

I would like more of a relationship between Bruce and Damian that is tricky to do without alienating fans o the other "Bat kids". I was thinking about it lately and my thoughts are

1, Fans of other robins get unhappy and envious when that relationship is explored. The internet and site's like these explode with fans bitching about DC pushing the blood son and acting like Damian is the only one worth a thing.

2, Batman's image isn't that of dad. Tomasi's B&R is very different from regular Batman and Robin. Some claim that Damian doesn't work with Bruce but that's because they're going off Tomasis work which is a father son book not a Batman and Robin book. Really what they don't like is the father son thing between Bruce and Damian]

3, A lot of Batman fans don't like a family at all.

4, Damian as a character is bigger than sidekick. He has a strong personality so you can't use him like Duke is/was used because that is just a waste.
    It's ok, how i said if a bad relationship between damian and bruce gives sales to DC i can't do nothing. It's just that their relationship could have a lot of potential after damian resurection. I mean Damian always wanted to meet his Father since Talia told him that story about Alexander the Great. He made a great effort to beat her for 5 years to get the right to meet Bruce. About Bruce i understood him at the beginning. A son from a woman that i don't love, but after the loyalty that damian showed to his dad against nobody and searching the pearls i... i.. and maybe just i, expected that damian because is his biological son because for one reason DC at the beginning accept the idea of Bruce's biological son who made thoose thinks to show his loyalty to his dad could heal the pain of Bruce for the death of his parents. And in part.....yeah i know the fans of other robins don't like it, but yes because he is his biological son. And damian who had deal with a hard life could have fatherly love from his biological dad Bruce Wayne the main Batman.

Well, i feel disappointed because after Tomasi book. RSOB, TT and super sons. Damian wants to his dad could have more time for him and he feels like his dad doesn't cares about him. I don't remember the words to describe his pain, but in super sons 3 he said something. Yeah a lot of pressure on Damian at the point that he cried. Just my thoughs.
    Last edited by Byrant; 11-03-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Mistake

It's ok, how i said if a bad relationship between damian and bruce gives sales to DC i can't do nothing. It's just that their relationship could have a lot of potential after damian resurection. I mean Damian always wanted to meet his Father since Talia told him that story about Alexander the Great. He made a great effort to beat her for 5 years to get the right to meet Bruce. About Bruce i understood him at the beginning. A son from a woman that i don't love, but after the loyalty that damian showed to his dad against nobody and searching the pearls i... i.. and maybe just i, expected that damian because is his biological son because for one reason DC at the beginning accept the idea of Bruce's biological son who made thoose thinks to show his loyalty to his dad could heal the pain of Bruce for the death of his parents. And in part.....yeah i know the fans of other robins don't like it, but yes because he is his biological son. And damian who had deal with a hard life could have fatherly love from his biological dad Bruce Wayne the main Batman.

Well, i feel disappointed because after Tomasi book. RSOB, TT and super sons. Damian wants to his dad could have more time for him and he feels like his dad doesn't cares about him. I don't remember the words to describe his pain, but in super sons 3 he said something. Yeah a lot of pressure on Damian at the point that he cried. Just my thoughs.
    I mostly agree. DC wasted the chance to build on what Tomasi built up in B&R in the batverse.
    Synder had a different vision for his Batman run just like King is doing now. Every writer want's to leave a mark and tell their own story coupled with the fact that Synder had his own creations he wanted to use instead of Morrision's which is fair. His run also was focused on a solo Batman no family.
    However what wasn't followed upon in the batverse took hold within the DCU and the hearts if various writers

I would love to see the relationship explored more but King wants to do this story and I don't really trust him. He panders and has little respect for characters.

I am grateful that we have writers like Tomasi, Orlando, Seeley, Synder and Williamson covering that angle. What we might not have in the main book we get lots of other places even in Superman.

I wouldn't say that Bruce doesn't care just that there are 2 Bruce's.

We have the gun carrying, Horse shooting, Joker made Batman who before he drank the koolaid was telling his father about his grandson and was worrying about Bane hanging his sons.

The other Bruce is the guy we see everywhere else. The Bruce that sent Oliver to look out for his son, that tells Superman to look after his so and how he hasn't been there for Damian, the guy who cares enough to ground and be a proper hands on father.
    The Bruce from the Shadow who is wrecked from his son moving out, who loves his kid so much he visibly panics when he's in trouble and jealous when someone else saved his son.

We have more material of Bruce being a loving father than to the contrary it's just many people just focus on the main Bat book. That's multiple writers writing Bruce as caring and their relationship being fine. Teen Titans even that Bruce is still watching out for his son and his only sin is being too busy.

IMO Damian fans are lucky. His creator wanted him dead, *fans of Tim Drake want him gone for displacing him, *Jason and Cass fans want him gone because he steps on their gimmick, Synder had no interest in him and possibly want him gone because that frees up the spot for Duke. Yet he stands.

The way I see it I might not be getting a continuation of Tomasi but I have plenty of books I can read him in and RSOB is something Gleason keeps pushing for.

*some not all
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-03-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Batman #34

Note sure why one would need finger less gloves for a trip to the desert but here we are.
    Damn I love that. Haven't read the issue so I don't get the context, but perfectly captures their relationship.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

I mostly agree. DC wasted the chance to build on what Tomasi built up in B&R in the batverse.
    Synder had a different vision for his Batman run just like King is doing now. Every writer want's to leave a mark and tell their own story coupled with the fact that Synder had his own creations he wanted to use instead of Morrision's which is fair. His run also was focused on a solo Batman no family.
    However what wasn't followed upon in the batverse took hold within the DCU and the hearts if various writers

I would love to see the relationship explored more but King wants to do this story and I don't really trust him. He panders and has little respect for characters.

I am grateful that we have writers like Tomasi, Orlando, Seeley, Synder and Williamson covering that angle. What we might not have in the main book we get lots of other places even in Superman.

We have the gun carrying, Horse shooting, Joker made Batman who before he drank the koolaid was telling his father about his grandson and was worrying about Bane hanging his sons.

The other Bruce is the guy we see everywhere else. The Bruce that sent Oliver to look out for his son, that tells Superman to look after his so and how he hasn't been there for Damian, the guy who cares enough to ground and be a proper hands on father.
    The Bruce from the Shadow who is wrecked from his son moving out, who loves his kid so much he visibly panics when he's in trouble and jealous when someone else saved his son.

We have more material of Bruce being a loving father than to the contrary it's just many people just focus on the main Bat book. That's multiple writers writing Bruce as caring and their relationship being fine. Teen Titans even that Bruce is still watching out for his son and his only sin is being too busy.

IMO Damian fans are lucky. His creator wanted him dead, *fans of Tim Drake want him gone for displacing him, *Jason and Cass fans want him gone because he steps on their gimmick, Synder had no interest in him and possibly want him gone because that frees up the spot for Duke. Yet he stands.

The way I see it I might not be getting a continuation of Tomasi but I have plenty of books I can read him in and RSOB is something Gleason keeps pushing for.

*some not all
    Thanks to understand. I haven't lost hope yet.

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...g%3D%3D.2&se=7

Source http://www.imgrum.org/user/hudarts/1295956976

I can't wait for nov 15 we are going to have super sons 10, batman 35 and Damian vs hellboy dialogs in injustice 2 all at same day.
    Last edited by Byrant; 11-03-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Damn I love that. Haven't read the issue so I don't get the context, but perfectly captures their relationship.
    Dick Grayson running for best brother 2017
    I think he's got this in the bag

Thanks to understand. I haven't lost hope yet.

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram...g%3D%3D.2&se=7

Source http://www.imgrum.org/user/hudarts/1295956976

I can't wait for nov 15 we are going to have super sons 10, batman 35 and Damian vs hellboy dialogs in injustice 2 all at same day.
    I'm looking forward to the Hellboy debut and I hope they show him with Robin. He is something of Netherrealm's punching bag but on the flip side he's one of the most visible and has tons of great dialogue which is sweet. He's also my main in the game as you can probably tell

Supersons can't wait to hear the news and see the head quarters, Batman interested in the fight but only care about what happens to Dick and Damian.

Nice art.

*some not all
    Despite King, Fortunatelly, the REAL BATMAN is the rest of comics with him..

What? His creator was the same that killed him with Heretic? Wait a moment... I think that I heard something about that previously... He was one of these kind of characters that only appear for die soon, no?
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-03-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Despite King, Fortunatelly, the REAL BATMAN is the rest of comics with him..

What? His creator was the same that killed him with Heretic? Wait a moment... I think that I heard something about that previously... He was one of these kind of characters that only appear for die soon, no?
    Yep. He made it very clear that he was meant to die. I say to this day that the reason he made him a rape baby was to ensure that he did not take. Damian was created as a plot device and one that fans were meant to dislike so when he was done Grant could put him away and no one would miss him.

Grant Morrison knows everything Batman and doesn't forget as he himself claimed numerous times. No way did he forget what happened in Son of the Demon it's just that he needed to set up is villain. Talia and ensures Damian's return to the toy box without much fuss.
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-03-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Isn't there only one writer who went with the rape baby thing anyway compared to bunch of others? I don't get why that particular version keeps getting quoted as one true canon other than haters using it as an excuse :/ I mean, considering Bruce and Talia spent almost half a century before then unable to take their hands off of each other whenever they met? Starting from an era where birth control wasn't as reliable or variable as now to begin with? So like? Why would Talia even need to???? ????????? :/ Only dumb part was Bruce not seeing that coming already.

But I bet Alfred did see it coming and had Damian's room prepared for years considering he would've had to clean up after BruTalia whenever they got handsy around the manor, which I can recall several panels and different occasions of from around the internet.