Page 584 of 776 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 11633

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Robin's Special Move
    The Neck Jump Gauge Combo I guess would be the name

That simle on the one with Zsasz though. Sick little puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I believe some of the issue often raise are
    Batman is too broken too much focus on the fact that his parents death and his mental health - personally I like a more human Batman so I welcome this.

not a fan of the Romance- - for me the Romance feels like something out of a tv soap. It is fun, often enjoyable but it feels like trash tv I mean King plans on the couple running into a few exes s we can see them react. Why is that a thing that needs to take up panel time? I'm not a teenager I don't need those type of stories. I need mature stories with the couple acting like themselves.

Character's are misrepresented or not respected.

The Dialogue is often bad.

Too much filler.

I'm sure there are more but I just feel that King can do better instead he is going for gimmicks, shocks, great art and tropey crap. Worst of all I can't feel his passion when reading his run. Bat writer you can feel the passion they have for the character in their work, in interviews with King there's nothing. Pick up a copy of Metal and you will see what I mean instantly.

However lots of fans love this and I enjoyed some of the issues before deciding it wasn't for me you should check it out for yourself since a lo of this stuff is subjective.

I wasn't a fan of a Romance taking up focus in a batman book.
    Batman's lovelife, Catwoman those things have never been on my radar or interested me in anyway ever but King's managed to make it so crackalious and fun and ridiculous that I absolutely love it now. I would have dropped this title if not for the funny, fun stuff he's serving up.

You say it's like a SoapOpera well It's like Sunset Beach. Ridiculous OTT fun and I love it. It's not even good romance or a deep love story but it's Refreshing.

I do agree that king doesn't seem passionate at Batman but it feels like he's having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    We are comic fans who spend our free time on a comic sie online. I think most of us here are Selfish and ridiculous when it comes to our favourites

Anyway you are not alone in that line of thought. Terry m McGinnis just had his origin changed to no longer being Bruce's biological son and one of the two reasons the Author gave for this change was that that was Damian's thing now.

I enjoy Damian and Helena in the past and Damian with a younger sibling might be interesting so I don't mind.
    Same opinion... But in my case is thanks to Injustice II.. DC created one TALIA jr.(is not her name) exclusive of this comic, for now..

They are great enemies but I hate the league in general..
    Because if Bruce has another child and has a bad start with him/her, I'll be like "bad bonding? That's Damian thing!" And if they have a good relationship, I'll get "poor my Damian, he never had his father's love" lol. Either way, it won't work for me, because Batman and Robin is still fresh in my mind, that bond is special!

Quote Originally Posted by Yonekunih View Post
    Because if Bruce has another child and has a bad start with him/her, I'll be like "bad bonding? That's Damian thing!"

And if they have a good relationship, I'll get "poor my Damian, he never had his father's love" lol. Either way, it won't work for me, because Batman and Robin is still fresh in my mind, that bond is special!
    hmmmm.... You are right... I am very angry for D..ke for this(he was Batman and Robin doom).. and Supersons.. I donīt want more problems for Damian..

However, I am not supporter of the BatxCat, if they never marry, no matter...

What a shame that the batfamily is not like 2010.. Except Batwing, I donīt like the N52 new batmembers..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-08-2018 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    hmmmm.... You are right... I am very angry for D..ke for this(he was Batman and Robin doom).. and Supersons.. I donīt want more problems for Damian..

However, I am not supporter of the BatxCat, if they never marry, no matter...

What a shame that the batfamily is not like 2010.. Except Batwing, I donīt like the N52 new batmembers..
    That's unfair. Morrision is the reason why B&R became a thing and the reason it died. He killed Robin at the end of his time with DC and a new main writer was coming. B&R was a special book created for the 1st son and the blood son to partner. It was special. it was a look at what the perfect, ideal evolution would like but comics rarely evolve in that manner especially when it's Batman.

Synder had his own vision and plans. He doesn't do family Batman. His is alone and even the new Robin he wanted wasn't to be another family. It was professional. Damian is special he is Bruce's child there are expectations. Tim as Robin often wasn't in the titles but no one ever asked why is he not there because even though he living with Bruce and young he wasn't his kid so expectations were different.

Tomasi WANTED to write B&R and pulled in favours to do so. Supersons and Jon Kent was born from that. After the success of Damian and his work B&R DC gave and decided to work the same magic over on their Super side

Supersons killed RSOB and B&R will return but I only want it to return if it's similar to Tomasi's. I like solo Damian. Damian isn't a sidekick. He shines too bright and has such a personality that he could never be in the shadow. The spotlight always finds him. He is the star or he gets equal billing and that is impossible in the Batman book or an ongoing B&R.

Duke isn't to blame because he has a different role in the family. Yes he has a mini but that title doesn't fit the B&R void. What Tynion is attempting wit Tec comes closer to being a B&R replacement not Duke or his Book.

Batman doesn't need Robin that was clear way back before Damian was a thing when the kid who used that to get into Bruce's house was Robin. Batman is the main draw if anything the multitude of hangers on are a turn off just look at Tec.

That title is hated because of the focus on others. The complaints from unhappy Bat fan's who hate but can't drop the book because numbering. They are paying for something they hate because that thing is Batman and batman is dear to them.

Anyway it's unfair to place the blame on Duke or Supersons. DC can only put out a certain number of books so you give prioritise. Consider the number of characters in the DCU and the number of titles DC puts out. Damian Wayne has 2 titles, Batman has 4/5, Superman has 4, Duke has a 3 issue mini and majority have none.

How cute. I love purple eyed Maya

Supersons killed RSOB and B&R will return but I only want it to return if it's similar to Tomasi's. I like solo Damian. Damian isn't a sidekick. He shines too bright and has such a personality that he could never be in the shadow.
    ........ I should remember that... You are right that this serie killed RSOB....

Quote Originally Posted by Yonekunih View Post
    Because if Bruce has another child and has a bad start with him/her, I'll be like "bad bonding? That's Damian thing!" And if they have a good relationship, I'll get "poor my Damian, he never had his father's love" lol. Either way, it won't work for me, because Batman and Robin is still fresh in my mind, that bond is special!
    I think I get that. Anyway you can rest easy it's very highly unlikely he'll be getting a younger sibling.
    Damian is an exception not the rule

........ I should remember that... You are right that this serie killed RSOB....
    Yep That and Superman. Gleason started that new project and Damian was grounded. No more flying around the world having mystical adventures. Curses on the superverse

How sad will be Damian's life without Shadow and the Ninja turtles... I will pay 3 times more, for continue the rest of 2018 with Batman and Robin in Shadow... Anyway.. I have TT...

That title is hated because of the focus on others. The complaints from unhappy Bat fan's who hate but can't drop the book because numbering. They are paying for something they hate because that thing is Batman and batman is dear to them.
    D..ke serie... no? I prefer not talk about him... I saw the preview of Batman White knight(even if I donīt see this serie).. Too D..ke here..

Buy something that you hate.... IS NOT A GOOD IDEA... I did this during the last months in Detective Comics... But Steph situation is not better now than post-crime Syndicate saga, so I am out.. And Tim saga is not a good moment for return, I want a Cass cain saga..

About Batman.... I donīt know if KING BATMAN is the reason but currently, I am less dear for me now...
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-08-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    his where the luck in variety comes in. You don't like TT and SS however you've got other choices available to you which are more suited to your taste.

Damian is getting good development and fresh exploration in SS in the area he needs it most.I like seeing his kid side emerge and his interpersonal skills have improved. It's also nice to see him positively influence a younger hero though Jon also appears to have picked up some of less positive ways. I like that he's starting to show some maturity now in his dealing's with Jon. This arc showcased his mature protective side and reminded us that in spite of their bickering Damian is a seasoned capable hero. That speech to Jon was very well done.

Due to his unique upbringing and the extraordinary external factors of his environment Damian was never going to be anything other than an entitled egotistical princeling with a superiority complex who believed the sun shone out of his backside. He never reached a lot of the milestones kids in regular society were expected to reach and some milestones and traits were actively suppressed in his case. He doesn't play well with others. Why would he. He isn't nurturing, isn't friendly, very caring and doesn't seem to value or understand basic social interactions that isn't in the line of duty. How are details or stories from your life a need to bases.

This title and Jon are the only means he has to develop beyond that. He needs some one younger, less experienced, durable enough not to be a pushover and with a particular personality if he is to reach his true potential. Dick, Steph, Maya, Colin and even the Titans have all impacted him but we need someone more childish and wide eyed for this bit.

Taking the lead, understanding, offering advice that is valued and acted on, having to be the bigger' more mature one, pressured to prove he IS more mature, acting his age, friendship, being a kid these are all developments already achieved on this title [off the top of my head]

Jon is learning from Damian, is influenced by him. He won't cop to it but the young Super doing sit up because Damian speaks volumes of how he rates him as an experienced skilled young hero he can learn from.
    That's a very good point. Due to his age and attitude Damian never gets to be shown as a role model. Someone to look up to and emulate because his interactions are always with his elders but in Supersons that is exactly what we get. Not just that we also now know that Superman has enough trust and confidence in him to encourage this work shadowing, training because that is what this is. John is out with Damian to learn from him and Damian is also learning from Jon.

So Damian's ongoing we have Superman believes and has confidence in Damian in one book and we have Beast Boy questioning him and teaming up with the crazykillerBatman because "Ma bro" against him in the other.

TT is a joke book and since Damian is only here because he was made to by his dad. Now Metal is almost over so I hope he can ditch this and get a proper title with folks who aren't so timid and dumb.

How sad will be Damian's life without Shadow and the Ninja turtles... I will pay 3 times more, for continue the rest of 2018 with Batman and Robin in Shadow... Anyway.. I have TT...

D..ke serie... no? I prefer not talk about him... I saw the preview of Batman White knight(even if I donīt see this serie).. Too D..ke here..

Buy something that you hate.... IS NOT A GOOD IDEA... I did this during the last months in Detective Comics... But Steph situation is not better now than post-crime Syndicate saga, so I am out.. And Tim saga is not a good moment for return, I want a Cass cain saga..

About Batman.... I donīt know if KING BATMAN is the reason but currently, I am less dear for me now...
    I too would love for those two comics to continue.
    i guess it's easy for me to say two titles are great when those two titles even though they are not 100% to my needs are still worth the money to me and I still enjoy them. It must be hard for you.

I hope we get more guest spots, additional titles and stuff in 2018. There's Arkham Asylum 2 I guess.

People shouldn't pay for what they don't want you are correct but it seems that happens a lot especially when they have limited options.. I mean on Tec alone how many Cass fans are putting cash down every other weeks in hopes she gets to do something? Or Steph fans in hopes of seeing her? I did at some point. How many fans of those character when rebirth started signed on because finally their fav was getting used but it's over a year and all the had was many a couple of arcs featuring their character?

Tec has been a con game. Batwoman and her fan's are the only ones that benefited and got their moneys-worth from that title and she has here own title. Everyone else got played imo.

Amazing Member

So it looks like some more Super Sons #12 teasers/spoilers are showing up.
    25025313_575112079499400_8413111866460471296_n.jpg

Hope Clark isn't gonna blame Damian for something he hasn't done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzwolf215 View Post
    So it looks like some more Super Sons #12 teasers/spoilers are showing up.
    25025313_575112079499400_8413111866460471296_n.jpg
    Hope Clark isn't gonna blame Damian for something he hasn't done yet.
    I can't wait for this though i'm getting annoyed with this whole tease rubbish. It isn't clever creative and the intrigue is wearing thin. I don't know how stupid or gullible the regular comic fan is but so far there is nothing to say that he is the type of person to hurt a person just because. Not even when he was in the league. I think Damian will do anything to Jon unless they have became enemies in the future in which then of course take him down batman style.

To hurt a person because evil isn't Damian.