Default is Brightest Day in continuity with N52 Swamp Thing?

In issue 1 of Swamp Thing, Holland was talking to Superman like some kind of event occurred before the actual events of issue #0, was this from Brightest Day when Swamp Thing was revived?

I believe Brightest Day was packed up neatly, wrapped in a ribbon and bow and tossed into the trash.
    With so many things that didn't survive, and Swamp Thing not being a Batman or Green Lantern character, I would say his Brightest Day stuff didn't happen.

To add to the confusion, the first issue came out while they were still figuring out what did and did not happen in New52.

The best way to look at it is...
    If it didn't get edited out in the trade paperback then his statement in #1 is still true, but the actual events surrounding what he's referring to most likely didn't happen the way they were presented in Brightest Day.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The Futures End Swamp Thing seemed to had bizarrely reference Brightest Day. I mean, Allec had the old Swamp Thing in him that wielded a white ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    The Futures End Swamp Thing seemed to had bizarrely reference Brightest Day. I mean, Allec had the old Swamp Thing in him that wielded a white ring.
    Between that and what I mentioned before from issue 1..... Brightest Day could very well be connected. Plus Superman even knew Holland was Swamp Thing as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I believe Brightest Day was packed up neatly, wrapped in a ribbon and bow and tossed into the trash.
    With so many things that didn't survive, and Swamp Thing not being a Batman or Green Lantern character, I would say his Brightest Day stuff didn't happen.

To add to the confusion, the first issue came out while they were still figuring out what did and did not happen in New52.

The best way to look at it is...
    If it didn't get edited out in the trade paperback then his statement in #1 is still true, but the actual events surrounding what he's referring to most likely didn't happen the way they were presented in Brightest Day.
    I have to agree - SOMETHING happened, but probably not all of the details.