Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Got a copy of Detective Comics, Vol. 2 #27. Going through a lot of the stories are questionable in their canonical. "Old School" is definitely not any preexisting universe. It looks like Pre-Crisis Earth-One (but can't be from that universe) but more so follows the various publishing eras of DC before ending in a meta story with Batman reading a comic in a comic shop of...well...Batman. It is said to be the 75th anniversary of Batman and this Batman is clearly that old. We must assume that in this universe Batman was created as a comics character in 1939 and that the "real" Batman must have been inspired by the comics character much later as a fan of the character. Thus, it must be its own universe.

Amazing Member

I would like to keep as many things in the order as possible. "The Case of the Chemical Syndicate" fits fine in Prime Earth both tonally and story wise. "Old School" is its own universe (see previous comment). Gothtopia is clearly canon and Prime Earth. The remaining stories are odd tonally but don't contradict anything within Prime Earth so they will stay unless contradicted.

Amazing Member

All of Batgirl is in.

Amazing Member

Batman: The Dark Knight is in. Plus I added the Superman: Lois Lane one-shot. Are there any other New 52 one-shot issues?

Amazing Member

Added all of Swamp Thing issues. The later issues have no time between them so it for the most part is just a big clump of Swamp Thing issues.

Amazing Member

Moved Mister Terrific #1-8 and DC Universe Presents #0 (which features Mr. Terrific) from Earth 2 to Prime Earth. A user on the Earth 2 Google doc pointed out that he is a Prime Earth character who gets sent to Earth 2 at the end of the series. My bad. :P

Amazing Member

Moved most issues of Worlds' Finest from Earth 2 to Prime Earth based on a reader's correction. Added the remaining issues of the series while I was at it.

Amazing Member

Added the rest of Animal Man. Hopefully the order should be caught up with the New 52 within the next few days. After that it is just down to adding new issues each weak and fixing any mistakes.

I tried doing a read order, but at a point it gets so confusing to make sure things don't overlap so I quit, lol.

Amazing Member

Yes. It can be difficult. There is a ridiculously large number of comics even though the New 52 has only been around for three years. Few chronological references exist in the comics, there are no letters pages anymore (which often help with such things), the editors of DC don't seem to put too much stock in chronology or continuity, and it is a sliding timeline. Regardless, I think it is important that a complete order exists for the New 52 now rather than wait five more years when there will be more than twice as many comics.

Amazing Member

Added the rest of Aquaman.

Amazing Member

Added the two Lobo issues. Very little information in them that is good for placement. I ended up putting them after Justice League 23.2 as that issue ends with him heading to Earth and Lobo #1 starts with him on Earth.

Amazing Member

Anyone have an idea for where to place Gotham Academy #1-2? I'm drawing a blank.

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by knoll360 View Post
    Anyone have an idea for where to place Gotham Academy #1-2? I'm drawing a blank.
    Gotham Academy is post-Batman Eternal.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    Gotham Academy is post-Batman Eternal.
    Thanks. I ended up putting them between Eternal and Batgirl #36. Batgirl also takes place after Eternal, features a similar tone and art style, and were published around the same time. Since Gotham Academy #1-2 were published before Batgirl #36 I ended up putting them first.