Amazing Member

Default What comic book is this and is it any good?

Here's the picture I found. From what I've searched, it's New Avengers Annual 1 but I am reading a New Avengers (the one with the Illuminati) and I'm sure this is a different arc. I'm fairly new to comics so I don't understand why there's a few New Avengers.

I've been looking for a more recent Ant-Man story and I'm also been interested in learning more about Wonder Man. From what I understand, this arc has both so I wanted to know if the story is any good?

Periodically, Marvel restarts a comic's numbering--usually due a change in the status quo of the character/team or a change in the people working on the comic. That issue is fine, but keep in mind that is unrelated to the current New Avengers comic. It does fairly heavily spotlight Wonder Man as well--and may help you to understand his characterization in Uncanny Avengers, should you ever read his appearances in that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Periodically, Marvel restarts a comic's numbering--usually due a change in the status quo of the character/team or a change in the people working on the comic. That issue is fine, but keep in mind that is unrelated to the current New Avengers comic. It does fairly heavily spotlight Wonder Man as well--and may help you to understand his characterization in Uncanny Avengers, should you ever read his appearances in that.
    Ah I see. Thank you. I'm not interested in Uncanny Avengers, it's just the artwork looked good and some characters I wanted to read about. Either way, good to know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete18 View Post
    Ah I see. Thank you. I'm not interested in Uncanny Avengers, it's just the artwork looked good and some characters I wanted to read about. Either way, good to know. Thanks.
    Yeah, you don't have to read Uncanny Avengers to understand it. The New Avengers Annual came first anyhow.

Glad to be of help!